- Around 7 Years of experience Database and Business Intelligence Technologies with expertise on ETL Process and Reporting using SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2/2012, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Design and Development of data validation, load processes, test cases using PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions using Oracle 11g .
- Developed PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes and Collections to implement business logic using TOAD and Pl/SQL developer.
- Worked on complete Software life - cycle (SDLC) projects including Design, Analysis, Development, Quality Testing and deployment.
- In-depth knowledge of understanding all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experienced in Installing, Upgrading and Configuring Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in Database Development, modeling, Data Warehousing, Design and Technical management.
- Experienced in Installing, Upgrading and Configuring of SQL Server and Databases.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow Elements for complex data warehouse in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Wrote T-SQL queries, Stored Procedures, CTE’s, Sub queries and used them to build packages.
- Good Experience in creating Tabular and Multi-Dimensional modeling using star and snowflake schemas in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Expertise in creating various type of reports, Charts and dashboards using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Supported team in resolving SQL Reporting services and T-SQL related issues.
- Automated SSIS Packages by generating batch scripts.
- Wrote Complex SQL queries for verifying data integrity in Dimension and Fact tables and created and have In-depth knowledge in various RDBMS concepts.
- Designed dimension and fact tables using Ralph Kimball methodology.
- Developed test plans, test cases and test scripts for Dimension and Fact Tables.
- Good working knowledge in Normalizing and De-normalizing the tables and maintaining Referential Integrity by using Triggers and Primary and Foreign Key.
- Hands-on working experience in populating Dimension and Fact tables in Data warehouses and Data Marts, Cleaning and Standardizing data loaded into OLTP and OLAP databases using SSIS.
- Excellent in creating SSIS Packages from multiple sources Excel, CSV, flat file, Text Format Data by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS.
- Worked on SSIS Script component using Visual Basic Applications, VB.NET and C#
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Bulk Insert and Data Replication in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Extensive experience in different type of reports including: Tabular forms, Matrix (cross Tab report) form, Conditional, List items, Charts and Sub reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in generating Drill through and Drill down reports with Drop down menu option, sorting the data, defining subtotals in SSRS.
- Created various expression and complex calculations based on the required data in SSRS.
- Experience in creating dashboards, scorecards and building reports using performance point server 2007 and deployed the report in SharePoint 2013
- Experience in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) CUBE design, development and deploying
- Experience in MDX to create Named Sets, Named Members, Calculated Members and other calculations.
- Created DAX formulas to create measures in SSAS
- Worked on OLAP Storage modes in dimension tables like ROLAP/ MOLAP/ HOLAP.
- Worked on deploying SSAS package to different environments.
Database Technologies: SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008,2008R2,2012,2014), Oracle 10g SQL, PLSQL
SQL, T: SQL, HTML, HTML5, CSS, XML, C, C++, C#
Business Intelligence Tools: MSBI (SSIS, SSRS & SSAS), Metadata
IDEs /Tools: MS Visual Studio 2012/ 2008/2005/2000 , SSMS
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Visio), OLAP, OLTP, TFS, JIRA, Service now
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 98/2000/2003 Server/XP/7/8/2008 Server/2012 Server
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS) - Export/Import, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services ( 2012/ 2008/2005/2000 ), Crystal Reporting, WebI Reporting, Microsoft Access 2013, Excel.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Extensively worked in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Created DDL scripts, created database objects like Tables, Views Indexes, Synonyms and Sequences.
- Strong knowledge in Oracle cursor management and exception handling. Loaded data into Oracle Table using TOAD.
- Developed complex SQL queries including Joins, Sub queries, Correlated queries, and Nested queries, Unions, Intersect and Aliases
- Test case/data preparation, execution and verification of the test results.
- Created Records, Tables, Collections (nested tables and arrays) for improving Query performance.
- Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Created stored procedure to dynamically create DML Triggers using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE.
- Involved in Unit testing and System Integration testing for PL/SQL Stored Procedures and Functions.
- Involved in PL/SQL code review and modification for the development of new requirements.
- Created SSIS packages to Export data from text file/CSV files to SQL Server Database.
- Created ETL Packages to Validate, extract, transform and load the data to Data Warehouse databases using SSIS.
- Implemented SSIS data transformation scripts, created maintenance procedures and provided data integrity strategies.
- Used various SSIS task such as conditional split, derived column, lookup which were used for data scrubbing, data validation checks during staging, before loading the data into the data warehouse.
- Used SSRS to create reports, customized Reports, on-demand reports, ad-hoc reports and involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports in SSRS.
- Implemented and enhanced existing reports like Group By, Drilldown, Drill Through, Sub-Reports, List, Tabular, Matrix, Navigation Reports, Standard Parameter, Cascading Parameter and Multivalve Parameters.
Environment: Oracle 9i, PL/SQL developer, MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 , SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), Visual Studio 2013, TOAD, TFS
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
- Provided BI Solutions through SSRS, Analysis Services, SSIS and Power BI.
- Involved in the Database design, and create schemas, tables, views and indexes.
- Backend database development in MS SQL Server, writing complex ad-hoc queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, cursors.
- Experience in SQL joins, sub queries, tracing, and performance tuning.
- Designed Executive Dashboard for Business users for weekly and monthly analysis of Provider’s Cases and Work Objects.
- Designed Data Mapping documents, DDL scripts, and Data Dictionary and Meta data of the models and maintained them. Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages.
- Developed SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing various kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages.
- Prepared ETL standards, Naming conventions and wrote ETL flow documentation for Stage, ODS and Mart.
- Created Audit tables for respective applications, on weekly and monthly basis
- Performed incremental data load packages in SSIS.
- Designed ETLs for loading dimension tables using Kimball methodology, creating SSRS reports, batch commands for scheduling.
- Provided back-end support for functional tuning and performance testing.
- Worked on data warehouse Analysis services and developed different reports for analysis.
- Developed various operational Drill-through and Drill-down reports using SSRS
- Developed different kind of reports such a Sub Reports, Charts Linked reports.
- Created and maintained users, roles and groups and handled cube security efficiently.
- Trained End users to browse Dashboard and Analysis Cube data using Microsoft Excel 2013/2010 and Power Query to Slice and Dice.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 , SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), Visual Studio 2013, Power BI, Share point, TFS, XML, Power Pivot
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
SQL/ BI Developer
- Worked with end users in understanding the requirement and have designed the reports accordingly.
- Identified the required data objects in the database and created various T-SQL and PL/SQL complex queries to pull data for reports.
- Created reports in Centricity RIS around Patients, Encounters, Lab orders, Lab Results, Professional billing, Technical Billing, Mammography, ICD Codes, Lab Protocols, Patient Volume, Procedure Volume and Turn Around time using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Involved in managing report distribution and scheduling jobs to run reports daily, weekly, monthly using InfoView and Confidential .
- Built more than 125 Webi reports using clarity in Radiant in the process of switching over to EPIC Radiant from Centricity RIS.
- Created More than 100 Ad-hoc SSRS reports in Centricity RIS around dealing with data of Patients, Procedures, Appointments, Billing, Volumes, Mammography and more.
- Developed various types of complex SSRS reports like Drill Down, Drill through, Cross tab reports.
- Generated custom and parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created reports that call sub reports in SSRS.
- Created SSIS packages to import the data into SQL server.
- Involved in Troubleshooting of the already existing SSIS packages.
- Created SSIS Packages and T-SQL Stored Procedures for monitoring Missing Technical and professional charges.
- Created universe in SAP BO Environment on clarity database by identifying the required data objects to pull the data for WebI reports.
- Created over 100 WebI reports, in process of switching over from crystal reports to WebI reports.
- Trained end users such as physicians and supervisors of various departments to run the reports themselves and explain functionality of the each WebI reports by creating test scripts.
- Perform unit testing of all the reporting before and after deploying them in the respective environments such as dev., UAT, production.
- Validate the data in reports with respect to data in the application.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), ETL, Business Objects XI 4.0/3.1, IDT, Universe designer, WebI Reporting, Crystal Reporting 2013/2008, Info View, Confidential, Visual Studio, OLAP.
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
- Involved in gathering the user requirements.
- Performed tasks like execute SQL task, data flow task, file system task for ETL process.
- Developed SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources like (Excel, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data).
- Used multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Derived Column, Lookup, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and union all, etc.
- Performed error handling in SSIS using Event Handling and logging.
- Ran the SSIS package through SQL job.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using For Each Loop in SQL Server Integration Services.
- Worked Extensively on ETL process using SSIS package.
- Worked on maintenance and Administration of SSIS by creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule DTS/SSIS Packages.
- Having Experience on Microsoft Power BI (Desktop, Service, Mobile)
- Extracted data from On-Premises and SaaS (Software as a Service) into Power BI desktop.
- Created the data model by pulling the data from multiple sources and transform the raw data into business information by applying the transform rules.
- Applied transform rules Data Conversion, Data Cleansing, Data Aggregation, Data Merging and Data split.
- Created new measures and new calculated columns for reports and dashboard analysis.
- Created data visualizations using various visual objects (Line chart, Bar chart, Tree map, Single card, KPI, Map, Pie chart, custom visuals).
- Published reports and dashboards to the Power BI service through the Office 365 integration.
- Shared the dashboards among multiple users in the group.
- Good Knowledge and experience on Power Bi Gateways (Personal and Enterprise gateways).
- Used agile development Methodology.
- Generated various reports with drilldowns, drill through, parameterized reports from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Deployed the SSRS reports in Microsoft office share point portal server.
- Developed numerous ad-hoc reports using SSRS for day to day financial reporting.
Environment: MS Power BI Desktop, MS SQL Server 2008R2/2014, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting services, SQL Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL server Profiler, Visual studio 2013.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL BI Developer
- Gathered end user requirements and developed applications and different audit functionalities depending on the requirements acting both as a system analyst and an application developer.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) as a tool for repository of codes and version control, also maintains test scripts and documentation following the standards.
- Worked on UI Data pop and Meta-data for populating data in EXCEL 2007 using SQL macros.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring performance, integrity and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
- Developed query for generating drill down and drill through reports in SSRS 2005.
- Generated and formatted Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports. Designed and implemented stylish report layouts.
- Identified and worked with Parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS 2005.
- Used ProClarity for accessing, analyzing cubes and dimensions, and worked on integration of SharePoint with SSRS.
- Experience in Designing, Building the Dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for analyzing purpose.
- Created shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes and aggregations on MS OLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Responsible for ETL operation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Worked with users in and support and have experience in incremental data loading.
- Have good hands on experience working with FTP component in SSIS and used Configuration Manager to retrieve the passwords.
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server software to new versions and applying service packs and hot fixes and unattended Installations.
- Experience in Installing and Configuring SQL Server Active/Active and Active/Passive clusters, monitored Scheduled jobs and alerts.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , T-SQL, DTS, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Query Analyzer, MDX, SQL Server BIDS, MS- Visual Studio 2005.
- Performed extensive data extraction from web and other sources and handled data preparation - missing values, formatting, transformations using SSIS.
- Handled migrations from DTS to SSIS 2005 and .
- Written Stored Procedures and SQL scripts both in SQL Server and Oracle to implement business rules for various clients.
- Designed T-SQL scripts to identify long running queries and blocking sessions.
- Writing and Debugging T-SQL, stored procedures, Views and User Defined Functions.
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to SQL Server
- Error handling using Try-Catch Block
- Normalization and De-Normalization of tables
- Created database objects like tables, views, indexes, stored-procedures, triggers, and user defined functions
- Written T-SQL queries for the retrieval of the data.
- Worked on error and event handling, break point and check points
- Worked on different methods of logging in SSIS
- Deployed the SSIS packages from development server to production server
- Used framework manager to build models, packages and publish packages on to report studio server
- Prepared daily and weekly status reports and collaborated with other team members
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, constraints, indexes, functions, procedures, and triggers and maintained Referential Integrity.
- Customized the stored procedures and database triggers to meet the changing business rules.
- Implemented indexes for performance tuning.
- Data loaded into the database using SSIS 2005 from flat files.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000, Oracle 9i, Visual Basic, Excel, R, Tableau, SSRS