- Over 5 +Years of IT Experience in requirement analysis, design, development, Implementation of web - based and windows based, client-server and n-tier Applications.
- Proficiency in software development life cycle (SDLC) and AGILE methodologies of development process such as requirement analysis & definition, prototyping, proof of concept, designing, coding, testing and implementation
- Expert in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 and Oracle 11g/10g/9i. Knowledge in developing stored procedures functions and triggers using T-SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience in implementing end to end ETL process using MS BI Stacks (SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS) 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 and Informatica 8.5/8.1/7.1.2.
- Excellent understanding and experience in implementing database concepts such as Joins, Sub queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, etc using MS SQL Server and Oracle client tools, MS Access.
- Experience in writing DML DDL and Transaction queries in T-SQL for MS SQL Server database.
- Experience in creating and designing SSIS Packages for Integration and Migration of data from Excel, DB2, Sybase, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server using BCP and DTS utility and extracting, transforming and loading of data using SSIS
- Experience in Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, and Logging using SSIS.
- Worked on Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and running Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities
- Extensive knowledge with Database Backups, Recovery Procedures, Backup strategies and scheduling
- Experience working with large and or complex data sets for business operations.
- Good knowledge of SSRS architecture and Hands on experience in developing deploying and managing Parameterized reports, linked reports, Sub reports, drilldown reports, ad-hoc reports using SSRS.
- Experience in configuring, scheduling reports for subscriptions on timely basis using SSRS report manager.
- Strong understanding of relational database theory including OLAP and OLTP database design.
- Experience in designing conceptual, logical and physical database models using Erwin and MS-Visio.
- Worked on Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and running Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Proficient with WCF, Web Services using WSDL, SOAP and UDDI.
- Experience in web development using HTML, XHTML, DHTML, XML, XSD, X-Path and XSLT
- Better understanding of utilizing API for internal and external application using REST and SOAP based design.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent written, verbal and inter-personnel communication skills.
Databases: MS-SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000, Oracle 12c/11g/10g, Microsoft Access, SharePoint 2010/2007.
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, DHTML, XML, Java, VB.NET, C#.Net.
IDE Tools: Visual Studio .Net 2010/2008/2005
Framework: Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5/4.0/3.5/3.0
Data Modeling: Erwin, MS Visio 2010.2007/2005.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Informatica.
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2012/2008R2\2008\2005, Crystal Reports, Business ObjectsSQL Server Tools
Confidential, Houston, Texas
SQL Server/ETL/SSIS Developer
- Involved in business requirement gathering from the end users and convert into Technical aspects by providing optimal solutions.
- Involved into multiple projects, Migration from MS access DB to SQL Server, upgrading from SQL server including SSIS packages and SSRS reports. Performed GAP analysis for building data mart, involving into housing goal scoring and reporting projects.
- Involved in maintenance of existing .Net windows based WPF application by providing various scoring and reports utilizing .Net code behind.
- Responsible for database, ETL development activities and handling production support for the operational data loads utilizing SQL Server, Oracle, SSIS and SQL Agent.
- Responsible for designing complex SSIS packages for performing ETL operations as per the need and scheduling the jobs on the agent using configurations.
- Experience in extracting data from heterogeneous systems like csv, Oracle, Excel, XML, text files etc. for performing business operations and applying rules.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining various database objects like Stored Procedures, Views, functions, Triggers and Constraints etc. to meet the needs.
- Responsible for utilizing various control flow tasks, data flow elements, event handling, logging, configuring, deploying and scheduling SSIS packages at various stages in different environments.
- Experience in creating scoring and reports for reporting purpose.
- Experience in writing excel macro’s for performing operations as per the need using VB.Net and providing formatted reports out of it.
- Responsible for performance enhancements using optimization techniques such as Normalization, Indexing and Transaction Isolation levels.
- Responsible for implement Unit testing and performance improvement purposes.
- Experience in .NET/C# application development web service enhancements and internal requirements.
- Developed DAOs (Data Access Objects) and SQL queries to support system functionality.
- Modified web services to interact with the other applications and exposed them using SOAP and HTTP.
- Used Hibernate, object/relational-mapping (ORM) solution, technique of mapping data representation from MVC model to Oracle Relational data model with SQL-based schema
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the documentation for implementation and for future changes.
Environment: MS-SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2 Enterprise Manager, Oracle SQL Developer, MS-Access 2010/2007, TOAD, MS Business intelligence (BIDS) SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SAS, SharePoint Server 2010, XML, MS Office 2013, MS Visio 2010, VB.Net, C#. Net, Visual Studio 2013/2010/2008, Windows Server 2008, TIDAL, SQL CMD Utility TFS.
Confidential, Madison, WI
Senior SQL Server BI Developer
- Responsible for analyzing each case individually based on case details and interact with business user regarding each individual case.
- Responsible for converting functional requirements to technical aspects by providing optimal solutions to the business users.
- Implement technical solutions into design, development, deploy, Test into different environments by utilizing SQL Server and Visual studio and excel.
- Responsible for writing DDL scripts for creating SQL objects and utilizing objects like tables, SP’s, Functions, Triggers, Views etc.
- Responsible for writing complex SQL for extracting data from the heterogenous systems using SQL objects and utilizing these objects as per the need for the business.
- Responsible for performing Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) process by pulling large volume of data from various data sources using SSIS.
- Experience in working with different control flow elements like Data Flow Task, Bulk Insert Task, Active X scripts, Execute SQL Task, Script Task, Send Mail Task, and XML Task.
- Experience in working with different data flow elements like Flat File, OLEDB, Excel Sources and Destinations, Data Conversion, Term Extraction, Conditional Split, Derived Column, Pivot etc.
- Deployed different SSIS packages on development and test environments.
- Created and scheduled SSIS Jobs using SQL Scheduler, SQL Server Agent for daily, weekly and monthly loads.
- Experience in migration of parts from Visual source safe (VSS) 2005 to Team foundation server (TFS) 2010.
- Involved in development and deployment of the Cube.
- Responsible for working on Facts and dimensions of the Cube.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and Views to generate various Drill-through reports, Parameterized Reports and Linked Reports using SSRS.
- Designed Report Templates, Bar Graphs and Pie Charts based on data.
- Experience in querying data for Creating On-demand Reports using Report Builder in SSRS and send the reports via email.
- Created Reports and integrated reports into ASP.Net Application.
- Scheduled reports to run daily, weekly and monthly based on the requirement Report Manager.
- Defined Report Layouts for formatting the report design as per the need.
- Generated test data and tested new database consistency with existing databases.
- Created Jobs, Alerts, Activity logs, Error logs to capture any possible errors using SQL server Agent.
- Enhanced performance using optimization techniques such as Normalization, Indexing and Transaction Isolation levels.
- Implemented best practices in structuring SQL queries, Debugging Unexpected SQL Results etc.
- Responsible for unit testing, SDET and creating design documents and uploading it to share point server.
Environment: MS-SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008R2, Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle SQL developer, MS-BIDS, SAS, SharePoint Server 2010, XML, MS Office 2013, MS Visio 2010, VB.Net, C#. Net, Visual Studio 2010/2008, Windows Server 2008, TIDAL, SQL CMD Utility JIRA.
SQL Server Developer/DBA
- Involved in designing of Conceptual Logical Model and Physical Model.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server.
- Designed Logical and Physical data models using ERWIN data modeling tool
- Involved in deployments activities, enhancements and maintenance of data loading, batch jobs, BCP, DTS, Instances, Linked Servers and Indexes.
- Involved in data analysis performing GAP Analysis and Function Point Analysis to estimate the benefits of the new system v/s. the existing system
- Maintained security by creating users and giving appropriate permissions to users.
- Scheduled the backups for Databases and Transaction log. Performed restoration operations. Suggested backup strategies.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and additional Referential Integrity.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and maintaining logs.
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of both T-SQL and PL/SQL blocks.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures.
- Wrote T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data.
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (Cluster Index, Non-Cluster index) tables.
- Responsible for Cleansing up database for Maintenance of the database.
- Responsible for unit testing, writing design documents and uploading it to share point server.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008/2005, Oracle 9i, MS .NET Framework, MS Visio, MS-Office 2007, HTML, XML, VB.NET, SQL Profiler, Windows 2003 Server, TFS /Visual source safe(VSS).