- Highly accomplished Power BI Developer with over 2 years of experience and MSBI Developer with over 4 years of Experience and Expertise in Designing,Developing, and Delivering Business Intelligence Solutions.
- 5 years of strong programming experience in PL/SQL Development (SQL SERVER 2016) and Report Development (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Performance Analysis, Deployment Script Development,Production Support.
- Expert in Creating, configuring and Fine - tuning SSIS packages, SSRS reports and T-SQL queries using tools like SQL profiler Monitoring tool.
- Experience in creating jobs, alerts, SQL mail agent, and schedules for SSIS Packages in SQL Server Agent.
- Highly proficient in using T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User Functions, User profiles, Relational Database Models and data Integrity, SQL joins and query Writing.
- Good exposure on 2016 version of SQL Server Management studio. Worked on SQL Server2014 migration to 2016.
- Strong experience in Database Installation, Capacity Planning, Implementing Backup and Recovery Strategy for application and database.
- Optimized all major relational database and data warehouse and accessed multi dimensional databases and flat files using micro strategy.
- Involved in performing Unit Test, Regression Test, Functional Test, integration Test, Stored Procedure PerformanceTest,onTestserverandpreparingcombinedDeveloperTrainingdocumentalongwithwaterfall, Spiral and Agile methods with full SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Expert knowledge and experience on authoring, managing and deploying reporting solutions using SSRS.
- Experience in configuration of report server and report manager scheduling, permissions to different level of users in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expertise in using global variables, expressions and functions for the reports with immense experience in handling sub reports in SSRS.
- Hands-on Experience in MDX Expressions, DAX Expressions, Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Queryintegrated with Share Point and in creating dashboards in Power BI and Tableau visualization tools.
- Performed data cleaning, data validation, and data analysis using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX), Power Query and Power Pivot.
- Ability to work well in hybrid and dynamic environments without supervision, as well as able to prioritize and remain focused on the essence of an issue while deploying iterative development methodologies in accomplishing a given task.
- Experience in installation, configuration, Development of MS SQL Server … Reporting Services.
- Experience in Window Server administration, SQL Server administration, SSIS (ETL), SSRS, SQL Azure for industries such as marketing and engineering involving mid and large size databases in multi-tier environment.
- Very good experience with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes for OLTP & OLAP environments.
- Report Service experience with Microsoft Excel Power Pivot.
- Experience in working on Dash boards using COGNOS Tool, like web-based reports, scorecards, and dashboards.
- Helped client to deciding the appropriate TDM tool to opt for based on the desired criteria.
- Performed Log Shipping and implemented Transactional and Snapshot Replication as high availability techniques.
- Developed in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses to ensure reports meet client needs.
- Worked on Power BI to make changes in some functions like date, currency etc.
- Created basic reports using CSV files as source to fetch the data in Power BI.
Data Warehousing/BI Tools: SQL Server Business Intelligence Development - SSIS, SSAS, SSRS DTS, Power BI, Tableau, MDX, ETL, Power Query, Power Pivot, Excel Reporting, Tableau, Crystal Reports
RDBMS/DBMS: SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2014, MS SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012/2014, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access
Database Tools: Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, DTS, Performance Monitor, Client Configuration Utility, Server Configuration Utility
Web Technologies: HTML,DHTML, XML, XMLA, Apache
Protocols/Middleware: TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, UDP.IP, DOM, ODBC
Power BI Developer
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Expert in preparing performance Dashboard, Job Failure stats, Data Volume check using SSRS, SSIS, and SQL.
- Create reports in Power BIutilizing the SSAS Tabular via Analysis connector as Data Source.
- Expert in Developing multiple kind of Power BI Reports and Dashboards.
- Experience in publishing Power BI Desktop reports created in Report view to the Power BI service& Report Server.
- Explore& Analyze data in a Variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
- Understanding the business requirement and functional specification of the client module with Business Executives & Analysts.
- Created SSIS Packages/projects to move data from source to destination programmatic by using Visual Studio 2014 and developed ETL packages to extract and transform data from data sources like MS Access .
- Involved in Data Scrubbing and Data Cleansing using MDS, DQS .
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for DBMS.
- Extensively used various SSIS objects such as Control Flow Components, Dataflow Components, Connection managers, Logging, Configuration Files etc.
- Designed, developed, debugged Stored Procedures, configuration files and implement best practices packages to maintain optimal performance.
- Creating Dashboard Reports using Power BI and Tableau .
- Implemented Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify the data to generate the reports.
- Created various visualizations such as Stacked Charts, Pie Charts, Donut Chart cards according to business requirements. Worked on RLS to constrain the user access to the row level data.
- Involved in creating MDX,DAX, Cubes and Tabular models using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Design and write elastic queries to access data across database and Migrate an existing SQL Server Database to use Azure Database .
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
- Worked on both live and import data to Power BI for creating reports.
- Worked with Power BI gateway to schedule daily job to refresh data.
- Expertise in publishing Power Bi reports of dashboards in Power BI server and scheduling the dataset to refresh for live data in Power BI server using Direct Query.
- Managed relationship between Power BI using Schemas such as Star & Snowflake.
- Created calculated columns and measure in Power BI and Excel depending on the requirement using DAX expressions.
- Familiar with DAX Functions Such as SUMX, CALCULATE, ALLEXCEPT,FILTER Functions.
- Expertise in Data Cleansing using Power Query in Power BI Desktop Editor.
- Provided ongoing support and configuration for JIRA projects, workflow, screens, fields, permissions and other administrative tasks .
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Integration Services 2014 (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services 2014 (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MDX, DAX, T-SQL, Shell Scripts, Microsoft Visual Studio 2014, JIRA, MDS, DQS, Power BI Desktop, Power Query, TFS, Tableau, Azure, MS Access, ETL, Excel.
MSBI/POWER BI Developer
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Involved in database development using stored procedures, triggers, views and cursors.
- Created Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints, Views, functions.
- Wrote efficient Stored Procedures for the Optimal Performance of the system.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/triggers for validating the integrity of the data.
- Created indexed views, and appropriate indexes to reduce the running time for complex queries.
- Responsible for creating datasets using T-SQL Stored Procedures and involved in Data visualization.
- Used Power BI Desktop to develop data analysis multiple data sources to visualize the reports.
- Used Power BI Custom visuals like Power KPI, Chiclet Slicer, InfoGraphic Designer, Spline Chart to make the visuals look and understand better.
- Responsible for creating and changing the data visualizations in Power BI reports and Dashboards on client requests.
- Designed and implemented SSAS Tabular Cube as the reporting layer. And Used DAX scripting to accessdata from Tabular Model.
- Querying and manipulating multidimensional cube data through MDX Scripting in SSAS.
- Designed Data Model in Power BI Designer according to the Structure and Hierarchy of Data.
- Worked on KPI (Key Performance Indicators) in Power BI to track the progress & reach goals.
- Deployed Dashboards, Reports and Data sources in the Power BI Service.
- Generated custom and parameterized reports, sub reports in SSRS.
- Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to support Power BI and SSRS reports.
- Worked on SSRS Reports such as Cascading Reports, Parameterized Reports, Sub Reports, DrillThrough Reports, Cached Reports & Subscriptions.
- Created Shared Datasets & Sources in SSRS for Doing Reports in Report Builder.
- Worked on Cloud platform Azure for storage applications.
Environment: MS SQL Server, SQL Server reporting services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services 2014 (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services 2014 (SSAS),T-SQL, DAX, SQL Server, Power BI Desktop, MDX, JIRA, Tableau, Microsoft Visual Studio 2014, Excel, Azure.
- Participated in gathering User Requirements and System Specifications.
- Developed Stored Procedures, functions and database triggers and maintained referential integrity and implemented complex business logic.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for exporting heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source, Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server.
- Created Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) .
- Created multiple reports (SSRS) in Drill mode using tables, financial tables, crosses tabs and chart.
- Design, deployment, and maintenance of various SSRS Reports in SQL Server .
- Designed and implemented Parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS .
- Worked in Creating DAX Expressions and implement Partitions in Tabular models.
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, and optimization of SQL Server and non- production database code as well as T-SQL code from developers and QA.
- Backing up, restoring system & other databases as per requirements, and scheduled those backups.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
Environment: MS SQL Server, SQL Server reporting services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services 2014 (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services 2014 (SSAS),DTS, DAX, T-SQL, Excel, SQL Server.