- 6+ years of ETL experience with Informatica PowerCenter (9.X) and in developing & Administering ETL mappings with Designer (Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapping designer, Mapplet Designer), Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor & Admin console.
- 2+ years of experience in Database front using MS SQL Server 2014, Oracle 9i.
- 1+ years of experience in Data Warehouse Design
- 2+ years of experience in developing UNIX scripts
- 2+ years of experience in Tableau
- 1+ years of Experience offshore Lead, Onshore Co - Coordinator and had worked with other teams of various platforms and technologies.
- Experienced in creating Transformations and Mappings using Informatica Designer and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to apply business logics and to move data from multiple sources into targets
- Experience in integration of various data sources like Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, SQL server into staging area
- Experienced in automating the Informatica jobs, also experienced in Informatica Scheduler, UNIX scripts for automation
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong technical background and good interpersonal skills
- Experienced in preparing Technical design document, Mapping documents, data definition documents, Detail design document for the Source/Target mapping
- Have performed various testing activities like Unit Testing, Integration-System Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing and ensured that the code is ideal.
- Experienced in production support activities.
Data Warehousing: Informatica PowerCenter and Power Exchange (9.x/8.x), ETL Tool: Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
Dimensional Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Data Modeling, Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling.
Data Modeling Tools: E/R Studio, MS Visio, Oracle Designer
Software Development Process Models: Waterfall, Agile
BI Tools: Tableau, SSRS
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/, MS SQL Server 2012/2014, MS Access.
Database Tools: SQL * Plus, SQL * Loader, SQL Developer, Toad.
Languages: HTML, XML, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting
Environment: Windows 2008/2010/Sun Solaris/Unix, Linux
- Collected requirements from Business Users analyzed and prepared the technical specifications
- Developed rules and Mapplets that are commonly used in different mappings.
- Created complex mappings in Power Center Designer using Aggregate, Expression, Filter, and Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Union, Lookup, Joiner and Stored procedure transformations.
- Created new mappings and enhancements to the old mappings according to changes or additions to the Business logic.
- Worked on Power Center Tools like designer, workflow manager, workflow monitor and repository manager.
- Implemented SCD1, SCD2, SCD3 type maps to capture new changes and to maintain the historic data.
- Worked on extract and load type of mappings.
- Worked with command line program paced to interact with the server to start and stop sessions and batches, to stop the Informatica server and recover the sessions.
- Developed Unix shell scripts to schedule Informatica sessions.
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures triggers, cursors for implementing business rules and transformations.
- Created documents that have the detail explanation of the mappings, test cases and the expected results and the actual results.
- Created procedures to drop and recreate the indexes in the target Data warehouse before and after the sessions.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server
- Created actions filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau desktop.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning at the Mapping Level and Session level.
- Used Debugger to troubleshoot the mappings.
- Responsible for migration of the work from Dev environment to testing environment.
Tools and Environment: Informatica PowerCenter, SQL 2014, Oracle 11g, Tableau, PL/SQL, SQL, TOAD 7.0, Windows 2010, Autosys, Unix Shell scripts.
- Created analysis of source systems, business requirements and identification of business rules.
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Informatica PowerCenter
- Worked on complex mappings, mapplets and workflow to meet the business needs ensured they are reusable transformation to avoid duplications.
- Extensively used ETL to transfer and extract data from source files (Flat files and DB2) and load the data into the target database.
- Documented Mapping and Transformation details, user requirements, implementation plan and schedule.
- Extensively used Autosys for Scheduling and monitoring
- Designed and developed efficient Error Handling methods and implemented throughout the mappings. Responsible for Data quality analysis to determine cleansing requirements.
- Worked with several facets of the Informatica PowerCenter tool - Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing Designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation Designer. Development of Informatica mappings for better performance.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning at the Mapping Level, Session Level, Source Level and the Target Level for Slowly Changing Dimensions Type1, Type2 and Type 3 for Data Loads
- Configured the sessions using workflow manager to have multiple partitions on Source data and to improve performance. Understand the business needs and implement the same into a functional database design
- Prepared Unit/ Systems Test Plan and the test cases for the developed mappings.
- Created analytics in SSRS reports
Tools and Environment: Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle 9i, Flat files, XML files, PL/SQL, SQL, Erwin, TOAD 7.0, Windows 2008, SSRS, Autosys