- Over 6 + Years of extensive experience as SQL Server and Microsoft Business Intelligence applications developer, Specialized as an ETL/Business Intelligence Developer with expertise in SQL Server Integration Services, Analytics, Reporting and Self Service BI
- Expert in working with the Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), which includes SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Experience in SQL Server DTS and SSIS (Integration Service) package design, constructing, and deployment.
- Experienced in writing complex T - SQL queries using Inner, Outer and Cross Joins.
- Experienced in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance.
- Extensive experience in Writing Transact SQL (T-SQL) Queries, Dynamic-queries and implementing SQL Server Indexing.
- Having strong experience in scheduling all the T-SQL jobs to run at particular times.
- Good knowledge in Normalizing and De-normalizing the tables and maintaining Integrity using all kinds of SQL Server Constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys, Defaults, Checks, and Unique).
- Proficient in OLTP, OLAP and Data warehousing Design concepts.
- Strong ability in defining query for generating drill down reports, handling parameterized reports and creating stylish report layouts in SSRS.
- Implemented the business rules in writing Oracle PL/SQL functions and procedures and Wrote Queries to retrieve data in XML format from the tables.
- Extensive experience in different type of reports including: Tabular forms, Matrix (cross Tab report) form, Conditional, List items, Charts and Sub reports.
- Experienced in Data Masking and security of PII data (IBM OPTIM), Testing, Debugging, Validation and Reporting
- Very good experience in writing expressions in SSRS.
- Review, validate and cleanse claims data towards preparation of the final data set for claims analysis
- Experience in Relational, Multi-Dimensional (Star) and Snowflake logical modeling.
- Experience in Database Administration operations like Backup, Recovery, Replication and using SQL Profiler and excellent knowledge of DDL and DML in T-SQL.
- In-depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Developed reports using global variables, expressions and functions using SSRS.
- Excellent communication, analytical and inter personal skills and ability to learn new concepts.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team, quick learner, self-motivated, out of box thinker with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensively worked on Developing SSAS Cubes, Aggregation, KPIs, Measures, Partitioning Cube, Data Mining Models and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
Business Intelligence Tools: Microsoft BI (SSAS, SSRS), SSAS Tabular, Self-service BI (Power Pivot, Power View, Power Map, Power Query), Cognos 8.x (Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Metric Studio, Cognos Connection, Transformer), Qlikview Self Service BI
ETL Tools: SSIS, Informatica Power Center 7.x, Ascential Data Stage 7.5, SAP - Business Warehouse, Power Query, IBM Optim
Database Systems: MS: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/ R2/012, Oracle 10g/11g, DB2MS Access, IBM Data Studio
Database Management Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, DTA, SQL Server Activity Monitor, SQL Server Logs
Programming Languages: T: SQL, PL/SQL, .Net, MDX, DAX, HTML
Operating Systems: Windows 98/ME/2000/NT/XP/2003/7, MS DOS, Linux, IIS 5, 6, IBM
Project Management: Microsoft Project/Office 2003,2007, 2010, 2013, Microsoft Visio, Erwin
Confidential, Memphis, TN
MS SQL Server (SSIS/SSRS) Developer
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder.
- Created SQL Server Reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2012,2014
- Involved in analysis of Report design requirements and actively participated and interacted with Team Lead, Technical Manager and Lead Business Analyst to understand the Business requirements.
- Extensively involved in designing the SSIS packages to export data from flat file source to SQL Server database.
- Experience in creating XML files by designing the SSIS packages and SQL server.
- Developed reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning queries and stored procedures
- Worked on OLAP Data warehouse, Model, Design, and Implementation.
- Developed Complex Stored Procedures, Views and Temporary Tables as per the requirement.
- Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP and OLTP cube, Data mining and Architecture.
- Created multiple reports with drop down menu option having complex groupings within the report.
- Designed, Build the Dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Generated matrix reports, drill down, drill through, sub reports, chart reports, multi parameterized reports.
- Rendering the reports to PDF formats as per the requirement and printing all the reports in a batch process for Monthly Statements.
- Designed complex SSAS solutions using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups and KPIs to analyze performance of Strategic Business Units as well as corporate centers
- Querying and manipulating multidimensional cube data through MDX Scripting in SSAS.
- Experience in working on Cube structure optimization for MDX query performance in Analysis Services 2008R2/2008 (SSAS)
- Scheduling the SSIS packages and Jobs.
- Worked very closely with Business Customers, End Users and resolved any business process related issues.
- Responsible for designing and developing a Drill Down, Cross-tab, and Tabular Report using Report Server in SSRS to draw data from the Data Warehouse. Periodically developed a Report to be used by the Senior Management utilizing SSRS.
Environment: Windows server 2003, IIS 6.0, MS SQL Server- 2014/2012/2010/2008/2005 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, DTS, SQL Profiler, OLAP, OLTP, Erwin, Performance Point Sever, Office-2007, MS Excel
Confidential, Harlingen, TX
Sr SQL Server BI Developer / Analyst
- Worked on three different projects with integration & work flow team.
- Migrated the interfaces from SSIS 2005 to SSIS 2012 and SSIS 2008 to SSIS 2014
- Creating SAS dataset from tables in Database.
- Worked on different data sources (xml source, excel, csv, flat file, web service) to pull, parse and load data into client servers.
- Optimized SQL queries and procedures for efficiency and to reduce time duration of data load.
- Created the store procedures and Data Modeling to back up the production data.
- Create database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, Triggers, User Defined Functions, linked server queries for extracts from db2 and MySQL.
- Developed SAS Macros for data cleaning, reporting and to support routine.
- Develop and Debug T-SQL scripts in a complex relational database system (RDBMS).
- Worked on Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2012 by using MDX And generated the Reports using SSRS and Power BI tools for vendors.
- Built the whole new Data Base with table’s, views, triggers, indexes and store procedures to avoid the use of Access Data Base. And created the SSIS package to send the data to vendors.
- Created the optimized SQL query’s to get the data from DWHS to avoid the use of Adhocs.
- Worked on the optimization and performance tuning of SQL Server using Profiler.
- Built the package to monitor the transaction/Interface logs to track down and manage the space in disk. Also for process level logs and counts.
- Produced ad hoc reports in SAS using .txt files upon request for in-depth analysis.
- Worked on IPM (Independent Physician Management) project to get the physician data from Intellisoft to client financial Servers.
- Created the Data Base for IPM Project with SQL objects (tables with keys, views, triggers, indexes and store procedure) to filter and load physician data in client server.
- Created the SSIS package to filter the physician data according to Vendors and Hospital Management requirement.
- Also created the SSRS package to generate the Reports for Financial team.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. SQL Server/ BI Developer/SSIS/SSRS
- Interact with Business Analysts and Developers in identifying the requirements, designing strategies and to implement a reusable Database Schema.
- Develop and maintain stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, SSIS packages, SQL Server Agent jobs, C# and VB code as required
- Used Framework Manager to build models, packages and publish packages to Cognos Connection.
- Implemented OBIEE solution for ‘Sales’ subject area using various components of OBIEE Suite like Administration Tool, BI Answers, Interactive Dashboards, iBots/Delivers.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages.
- Worked on IBM Data Masking tool - Optim, to ensure the state PII data is not exposed on the wire and security.
- Expert in designing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Excel Power Pivot table based on OLAP cubes. Designed T-SQL scripts to identify long running queries and blocking sessions.
- Extensive experience working in an Agile development environment
- In-depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Performed incremental data load packages in SSIS
- Used Teradata utilities fast load, multi load, to load data
- OLAP design (SSAS 2008R2) for different cloud services and service items. Implemented OLAP cube and connecting using Excel Power Pivot.
- Created Complex dashboards and published to Cognos Connection portal.
- Wrote, tested and implemented Teradata Fast load, Multi load and Bteq scripts, DML and DDL.
- Used TOAD,PL/SQL developer tools for faster application design and developments
- Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Utilize Dynamic T-SQL within functions, stored procedures, views, and tables.
- Created Metadata Modeling by using multiple data sources in Cognos 8 BI Modeling.
- Customized Purchase Orders, GL, Account Receivables, Account Payables, Procurement and Spend Analytics, Order Management, Inventory reports using OBIEE 11g.
- Development of .NET batch applications which processes high volume of data.
- Extensively used Korn Shell Scripts for doing manipulations of the flat files, given by the share brokers.
- Extensive Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment and Tableau Administration.
- Bursting and scheduling the Reports using Cognos connection.
- Involved with testing and exploring tools using Query Studio and Report Studio.
- Developed modules of the application in ASP.NET, Silverlight and involved in writing C# classes.
- Used UTL JOB to automate the PL/SQL procedures and packages
- Identified and Defined Fact relationships in SSAS.
- Created OLAP models based on dimension and facts for efficient loads of data based on star and snowflake schema structures.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Windows XP.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Developed, tested, debugged and documented Oracle PL/SQL packages and types in accordance with company policies, company standards and industry best practices.
- Assisted in the conversion of existing PowerBuilder code to PL/SQL and Java to support a new Flex application.
- Tested coding modifications and assisted with application and system testing to minimize errors and downtime.
- Written PL/SQL Procedures, Functions, Packages, and SQL Scripts using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Developed data model, PL/SQL Queries, SQL Query tuning process, and Schemas.
- Created and maintained tables, procedures, functions, and packages, and update, delete, and insert statements and compile them.
- Formulated SQL queries, functions and processes as per requirement.
- Worked with developers to repair and enhance current base of PL/SQL packages to fix testing issues.
- Created and maintained PL/SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Huge experience in developing Oracle PL/SQL packages and object types
- Solid understanding of inheriting PL/SQL object types, casting PL/SQL object types into descendant types, converting PL/SQL object collections into a result set, bulk operations and pipelined functions
- Built new functionality and improve processing time through code optimizations and indexes.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Used standard packages like UTL FILE, DMBS SQL, and PL/SQL Collections and used BULK Binding involved in writing database procedures, functions and packages.
- Experience working with Oracle CLOB, BLOB, Materialized Views, Ref Cursors, Index Organized Tables, Partitions, Objects/Collections, Execute Immediate etc.
- Data Load from flat files into Oracle tables using SQL*Loader, and PL/SQL procedures.
- Written packages, triggers, stored procedure and functions for Solvency project which involved retrieving data using FTP, scheduling through AUTOSYS, extracting and loading using ETL (Data Stage) and PL/SQL.
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus programs required to retrieve data using cursors and exception handling.
- Worked on XML along with PL/SQL to develop and modify web forms.
- Fine-tuned procedures/SQL queries for maximum efficiency in various databases using Oracle Hints, for Rule based optimization.
- Created and modified SQL*Plus, PL/SQL and SQL*Loader scripts for data conversions.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
- Used SQL*Loader as an ETL tool to load data into the staging tables.
- Wrote conversion scripts using SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, functions and packages to migrate data from SQL server database to Oracle database.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day. Used standard packages like UTL FILE, DMBS SQL, and PL/SQL Collections and used BULK Binding involved in writing database procedures, functions and packages for Front End Module.
- Used principles of Normalization to improve the performance. Involved in ETL code using PL/SQL in order to meet requirements for Extract, transformation, cleansing and loading of data from source to target data structures.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems. Designed, implemented and tuned interfaces and batch jobs using PL/SQL. Involved in data replication and high availability design scenarios with Oracle Streams. Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate repetitive database processes.
- Used SQL Server SSIS tool to build high performance data integration solutions including extraction, transformation and load packages for data ware housing. Extracted data from the XML file and loaded it into the database.
- Responsible for Unit Testing of Database PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions and Database Triggers.
- Defect tracking through JIRA and defect summary reporting.
- Proficiency with SCCS and Clear case version control systems.
- Worked on agile and test driven environment, participated on daily scrum meeting, and discussions.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Windows XP, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Oracle Designer 2000, Windows 2000, Toad.
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- The project is designed in two phase’s data gathering and reporting, the data gathering part is done using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and the reporting portion is built on SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) platforms
- Built new SSIS Packages incrementally loading data dynamically on to SQL Server destination tables from different OLEDB, Flat File, .TXT and Excel files
- Developed a .NET batch application responsible for processing Medicare enrollee information from Voyager into FACETS.
- Extensive experience working in an waterfall development environment
- Deployed SSIS packages by creating configuration files making packages dynamic by creating variables
- Managed the metadata associated with the ETL processes used to populate the data warehouse using SSIS packages, extensively worked on mappings, incremental data loading, and SSIS transformations
- Analyzed and designed new .NET Web, Batch and WCF application from design to completion stage.
- Implemented new T-SQL features added in SQL Server 2005 that are Data partitioning, Error handling through TRY-CATCH statement, Common Table Expression (CTE).
- Granted permissions to logins, groups to particular database or to a server depending on the requirement.
- Regularly monitored database sizes and disk space.
- Arranged meetings with the developers and other DBA’s to discuss the current and new policies which can be established.
- Developed web parts using C# and SharePoint object model.
- Created indexes to speed the execution of data retrieval queries, rebuilding them if necessary and often checked for any outdated statistics
- Scheduled the backups for Databases and performed restoration operations when needed.
- Used log shipping for synchronization of databases and documented every change.
- Designed & developed the various SSIS packages for the daily, Hourly, Weekly & Monthly Loads
- Worked on error handling using try and catch blocks and performance tuning using counters in SSIS
- Created packages using different transformations like pivot, condition split, fuzzy lookup, aggregate, execute Sql flow task, data flow task to extract data from different databases and flat files
- Designed different type of reports tabular, matrix (cross tab), conditional, list items, charts formerly in Cognos reports and SAP BO
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and change management to existing reports and optimize report performance
- On the required reports, identified various data sources and established the connections using SSIS and constructed data source view
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, DB2, Teradata, Microsoft Access, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), T-SQL, PL/SQL, MDX/DMX, Team Foundation Server, MS Visio, ff Scrum Methodology, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Outlook, Windows 2003/XP, XML, IIS