- Experienced Data Architect/Modeler/DBA with over twenty years of knowledge in all aspects of Data Management
- Enterprise Data Modeling
- Sr. Database Administrator (DBS)
- Data Governance
- Data Management Strategy
- Database Standards
- Database Recovery and Disaster Planning
- Master Data Management
- Data Conversion/Transformation
- Strong practical skills in analysis, design and implementation of the enterprise data services, such as: Strategic Data Planing (SDP), Enterprise Data Models, Data Warehouse, Data Marts, Reference Data Store, Databases, Data Standards & Guidelines, Data Stewardship.
- Comprehensive expertise in Data Specialist Activities, Database Enginereeing/re - Enginereeing, Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema), Data Warehousing Architecture, Entity Relationship Modeling, Data Vault, Relational Database Design, Data Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL).
- Data Warehouse/Mart Architecture, Design and Implementation, Tool Selection and Acquisition
- Data Vault flexible (HUB, Satellites and Link) schemas design and implementation
- Microsoft SQL Server (Azure/onsite) Application DBA
- Oracle DBA
- Software Development (Microsoft Visual Studio Suites, such as DTS, SSIS)
- Data/Process Modeling (ERD, Dimensional Modeling, Star-Schema), Business Process
- Erwin, Oracle Designer 2000, Visual Pardigm, Standard Entity Relationship Diagramming (ERD), Visio
- TI, LBMS, RAD, Agile (SCRUM/Sprint)
Data Architect/Microsoft Azure SQL Server Application DBA
- Performed as team lead and led a team of a DBA and three Developers to extract related data from legacy systems (JDE, Sun System, MS Access Grant Management, Sales Force ( Confidential ), etc., Transform the data based on specified Function Specifications and load the Oracle required File based data Import (FBDI) Templates to be ported to the Oracle environment for population of Oracle tables.
- MS Azure Cloud SQL Server Database. Designed and developed a Database to house the Extraction/Transfomation objects (Logical Views), Processing data objects, Refrence data objects, and all other needed objects to support the Extraction, Validation and Enrichment of data to be loaded into FBDIs.
- Database Views are used to contain the main business logic to extract, trnasform, enrich and load the FBDI templates. The logic of these views change only if the underlying business rules are changed.
- Another set of Views (Release Extract Views) are used to contain the release based required logic. These views use the main views above as the source. For example, Release 0 extract views, Release 1 extract views.
- Using above strategy, successfully completed the release 0 of the required data extraction and population of Oracle business tables.
- Activley participate and provide recommendations on the design and implementation of a Master Data Management (MDM) system.
- Activley participate and provide recommendations on the design and implementation of a Data Warehousing system called Reporting Data Store (RDS). The Data Vault flexible schemas will be used to house the source data.
- Working in a data architecture team to identify and document the operational systems and their functionalities, data usage and intraction, data storage and organization, in order to define an enterprise level flexible data solution for data integration, BI (Business Intelligent) activities and reporting.
- Designed, developed and recommended an enterprise data architeture road map.
- Recommended a data organization and storage soution for one of the Confidential ’ major services called FarmBook.
- Worked as a data architect and developed conceptual and logical data model for the next generation of FarmBook’s business planner application that is a mobile application on handheld devices such tablet and Android mobile phones using iFromBuilder technology.
- Consulting with the Charitable Giving project to design and architect a data solution in a form of Star Schem Data Mart for data analytic team.
- Performing as a solution architect, to understnad the RedCap (Reaserch Electronic Data Capture) applicatiion functionalities and to take it trough the Confidential Life Cycle approval process and perform as a support for its usage by other departements.
- Working as a support to Country Program group to assist them with the usage of FarmBook suite of applications’ digital and paper data collection and synchronization of collected data among iFromBuilder cloud and local databases.
Team Lead/Application Database Adinistrator
- Assist with requirements gathering
- Review of the requirements and data needs against existing data models
- Data impact analysis and usage
- Data model modification/addition as needed
- Data implementation, database modofication
- Application modification review
- Prepare status reports, milestones, etc.
- Attend weekly Team Lead meetings
- Attend weekly POA&M meetings with owners and managers
- Provide technical support
- Attend and assist with getting approval from Change Control Board (CCB) meetings
- Lead the deployment of the releases to Test and Production environments
- Manage and resolved reported issues
Senior Application SQL Data modeler/DBA
- Performed as Data modeling liason between the application development teams, Enterprise Data team and the Production DBAs.
- Supported and maintained all related SQL Database (SQL2000, SQL2005 and SQL2008) data objects and made sure all new identifed data objects (Entities, Attributes, Views, etc.) and all data modifications adhere to the Enterprise data models and stnadards. Reviewed all Attribute names for required componetes such as Prime, modifier and class words.
Data Architect/Technical Lead
- Performed as the Tech Lead/Data Architect for the Confidential project in a MS SQL server 2005 environment. Confidential is a fully Meta Data driven, multi-dimensional, hybrid (relational, star schema) DW project. It contains FCM (file copy management), ETL configuration management, Data warehouse configuration management, and Aggregation components.
- All aspects of its structures are managed and operated via Meta data in the background. I was responsible for the maintenance, enhancement, and operational aspects of Confidential project. Responsible for BDA (basic data analysis) of incoming data files, data management (extraction, transformation and load), DW loading of Dimensions and Fact tables and finally application of business rules to the aggregate structures.
- Prior to being fully dedicated to Confidential, was assigned to the P& Confidential projects. Confidential project is high volume historical data system. Responsible for designing and implementing a subsystem to restore P& Confidential databases (about 5 Terabytes of data) from P& Confidential Servers to QSG (Quantitative and Statistical Group) Server.
Sr. Data architect/Data Modeler
- Performed as the Data Architect for MRP agency suites of products. MRP products are Agency software that Confidential markets to the Radio and TV Agencies to estimate the cost and placement of Radio and TV advertisements.
- Project focus was to migrate the MRP products (SmartPlus, PrintPlus) form Foxpro and MS Access databases to a Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Total responsibility to architect, model, design, build, and implement a relational SQL database for migration of the existing FoxPro and MS Access DataBases that were housing the MRP products.
- Used the Erwin data modeling tool to reverse engineer the exiting DBs and created a new relational SQL database.
- Modified the newly formed SQL objects (structures) to adhere to the designed schema.
- Created all predefined Indexes, Relationships, Referential Integrities (RI), etc.
- Where possible, established the majority of the RIs at the table level (closes to data) and the rest in forms of Triggers. The majority of above tasks were done with minimum impact to the application access layer.
- Designed, developed and implemented an ETL conversion package that successfully extracted, transformed, loaded and converted all existing clients (hundreds) FoxPro and MS Access databases to this new SQL server database using the DTS and hand written TSQL code.
- Recognized for contributions and given management and control for making changes to the database in a release bases for all business related additions and enhancements. All changes had to be compatible with supported windows (2000, XP, Vista, etc.) environments and versions of SQL Server (, msdn - express).
- Designed and built a few Star schema prototypes to facilitate the reporting aspects of this project. The dimensions of the stars are in forms of Views and the Facts are as materialized Views.
Sr. Data Warehouse Architect
- Functioned as Data architect (DA) and identified the required data, designed and implemented two true Star Data Marts (DM) focused in the fast data retrievals. The first DM contained detailed level data and it was able to satisfy major queries to retrieve data in less than 5 seconds (elapse time) from 11 million rows.
- These two DMs will be used to replace many redundant data structures currently used by reporting software such as Maximizer, TapScan, etc.
- Designed and implemented two (medium and large) data warehouses (DW). CIS-Redesign is a medium DW with thirteen dimensions and three fact tables containing customer, order, line item, billing, contact and station owners’ information.
- Diary Quantitative is a large DW with six dimensions and four facts tables that contain information regarding Market, Report period, Sample geo, Respondent, Media outlet and Listening Exposure data.
- Oracle Designer 2000 was used to logically model and create the physical models for the two projects. The DDL were generated from the physical models to create the physical structures in an Oracle 9.2 environment. Informatica’s Powermart was used for the ETL processing.