- Engineer by education and skilled in business intelligence (BI), data modeling, data analytics, data analysis, ETL, computer programming languages including SQL, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, and Java.
- I have a natural inclination towards data and drawing insights. Very passionate about data analytics and would like to build a career in this area solving business problems.
- I have hands on experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence (MSBI), SQL Server Development (SQL/ T - SQL), SQL Programming (Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views), database design (OLTP & OLAP), data integration and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) lifecycle.
- I also have worked hands on in Microsoft BI development & ETL tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting (SSRS) and Analysis (SSAS) services.
- I have experimented with Watson Analytics and IBM SPSS using datasets including World Bank development indicators, Fannie Mae loan performance data, market segmentation data from data.gov.uk, direct marketing campaign data of a Portuguese bank, brand tracking data from Google, normative online advertising campaign survey data from MarketNorms etc.
- I have also experimented with Amazon Redshift by setting up a cluster, designing & creating tables and loading data from S3 buckets based on publicly available data sets. I have also written Microsoft SSIS to ETL data from CSV files into S3 and eventually load them into Redshift as well.
- I hold a bachelor's in electrical engineering, US permanent resident and an enthusiastic & goal-oriented team player possessing excellent communication, with good work ethics.
- Microsoft certified in “70-467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server”.
- Experience in writing Transact-SQL (T-SQL) / SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views, parameterized queries and Cursors using SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Well versed in Normalization/De-normalization techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments.
- Experience in analysis, design and implementation of Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes based on business, data and functional requirements.
- Experience extracting data from a variety of data sources like XML/Excel/Flat Files/CSV etc, transforming and loading to a SQL Server.
- Experience in designing OLAP based dashboard & reports using Cascading parameters, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports and Report Models and ad hoc reports using SSRS based on client requirement.
- Good understanding of Data Warehouse (DWH) concepts and techniques such as dimensional modeling, Star/Snowflake schemas, Data marts, fact and dimension table identification and OLAP.
- Good ability to quickly grasp and master new concepts and technologies.
SQL: T SQL, Stored Procedures, PL/SQL, C#, VB.NET, Java
MS: BI Dev Studio 2012/2008, MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, MS Office
Databases: Microsoft (MS) SQL SERVER 2012/2008, Oracle 10g, MySQL
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Enterprise Manager, Management Studio
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Excel Reporting
Data Analytics Tools: Familiarity with Watson Analytics, Excel Analysis ToolPak, IBM SPSS Modeler, Google Analytics
Datawarehouse: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Snowflake, Star Schema, Familiarity with Amazon Redshift
Methodology: Agile, Scrum
Business Intelligence Freelancer
- Worked as a freelancer on various in-house projects including Loans Information Source Data Warehouse, Loan Origination Mortgage Dashboard, and Online Advertising Data Optimization Insights.
- I was responsible for defining and designing various Microsoft SSIS ETL packages to facilitate bringing data into a data warehouse.
- Extracted data from CSV files, Excel spreadsheets and other DB sources and stored in to SQL Staging tables of staging database (Staging Raw). Also extracted data from staging (Staging Raw), applying complex transformation and finally loading into DWH.
- Worked on SSIS ETL Packages, Import/Export for transferring data from Database (Oracle and Text format data) to SQL Server.
- Developed SSIS packages for incremental data capture and historical data.
- Creation of automatic schedulers to reload the data as per requirements.
- Implemented a Microsoft SSRS reporting dashboard and drill-down reports to support executive decision-making. Reports included loans by country, loans by purpose, loans by project type, loans by key KPI’s etc.
- Designed dashboard & reports based on OLAP cubes which made use of multiple value selection in parameters pick list, cascading prompts, matrix dynamics reports and other features of reporting service.
- Supported ad-hoc requests to write SQL scripts.
- Experimenting with IBM SPSS and Watson Analytics for leveraging the data from various sources including DWH and building predictive analytics models.
Database / SQL Developer Freelancer
- Worked as a freelancer on various in-house projects including Information Summarization for Loan Servicing.
- Responsibilities included developing, implementing and maintaining stored procedures, triggers, UDF’s and complex queries in MS SQL Server.
- Worked on in SQL queries that involved joins, sub queries, tracing and performance tuning for better performance of queries.
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Tables, Views and SQL Joins and other statements for various applications, maintained referential integrity and implemented complex business logic.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Created SSRS reports using Report Parameters, Drop-Down Parameters, Multi-Valued Parameters. Implementation of MS SQL Server 2008 Management studio to create Complex Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDFs), Views using T-SQL to evaluate result for the reports.
- Supported ad-hoc requests to write SQL scripts.