- An experienced IT professional with database & Unix administration skills across both Oracle and MS SQL.
- Four plus years of experience as SQL Server Database Administrator/Developer on large and complex databases of SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008, 2008R2, and 2005. Expertise in SQL server installation and configuration, security management, performance tuning, troubleshooting and maintenance, backup/restore, Migration/Upgrade, High availability and Disaster Recovery strategies. Understanding of creating Stored Procedures, views, functions, triggers, joins. Installation, Configuration, and Administering SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL server Integration Services (SSIS). Developing and deploying reports using SSRS. Extracting, Transforming, and, loading data (ETL) using SSIS. Experienced on cloud server and database management services like the Amazon Web services and Microsoft Azure.
Database Administration/Management: SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008R2, 2008 and 2005 (SSMS), Oracle DBA.
ETL Tools: SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
Database Reporting tools: SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) and Report Builder 3.0
Microsoft office: Access, Excel, Word, Outlook
Operating System: Windows Server 2008/2003/2000, VMware
Native Tools: SQL Server Profiler, DMVs, Window Performance Monitor, and Database Tuning Advisor
Third Party tools: RedGat, Idera, and Spotlight.
Cloud computing platforms: Amazon web services, Microsoft Azure
Confidential, Washington, DC
ActioNet Senior MS SQL DBA/Developer
- Installing, Configuring, and Managing SQL Server 2008/2008R2, 2012 and 2014, in development, test, and production environment.
- Build, maintain, and enhance packages, procedures and functions in PL/SQL using TOAD, SQL*Plus, SQL Developer and other utilities.
- Installing, Configuring and Maintaining Always on SQL Server 2014.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain SQL server according to customer specifications.
- Database Backup and Restore, Point - in-Time Recovery.
- Managing SQL server security issues.
- Performance troubleshooting, tuning, indexing & query changes.
- Creating and monitoring maintenance plans and jobs for different purposes.
- Database Migration and upgrade (development, testing and production environment):
- SQL Server 2008/2008R2 to 2014.
- Patch Management:
- Applying Service Pack and HOT Fixes on SQL Server 2014.
- 24/7 availability for support and maintenance.
SQL Database Administrator intern
- Responsible for database administration, performance tuning and sizing for production and development databases.
- Implemented features of DB2 to increase database availability during REORGs and batch processing, and to allow for larger partition sizes with resulted in the ability to store more client data and statements online.
- Delivers both historical and current DB2 performance metrics, delivering insight into the performance over a period of time.
- Oversaw daily activities for 50 SQL Servers including security management, storage space, backups and restores.
- Troubleshoot performance problems, fine tuning of databases and index analysis
- Installed & Configured SQL Server 2008 on windows 2008 servers and applied service packs and security fixes for all individual servers & Clusters.
- Worked on upgrade and migration from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Managed critical backups using the different backup types & restores, high transactional monitoring and optimization for multiple databases.
- Writing scripts and creating scheduler jobs to automate the tasks.
- Monitored SQL server performance using profiler to find performance issues or deadlocks.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive backup plan and disaster recovery strategies.
- Troubleshot databases issues for clients during implementation, maintenance, upgrade, and migration processes.
- Used Index tuning wizard to redesign and created the indexes for better performance.
- Setup Database Maintenance Plans to reorganize indexes, re-indexing and update the index statistics on the production databases.
- Proactively used drive space, database size, and backup status to avoid any production disasters.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008R2, Windows Server 2008R2/2008.
Confidential, Frostburg, MD
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of IT equipment including printers, scanners, and workstations. Supporting customers using remote access technologies and also by visiting client sites.
- Responsible for supporting: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/ Office 2003 and 2007, Windows
- Server, Small Business Server 2003/2008, and Active Directory management
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve a range of software, hardware and connectivity issues. Excel in asking probing questions and researching, analyzing and rectifying problems. Duties:
- Diagnosis of desktop, application, networking and infrastructure issues.
- Troubleshooting PC's, laptops and mobile devices. Providing 1st/2nd line support to users.
- Maintaining a log of all problems detected and system backups.
- Responsible for maintaining backups and for project work such as new builds.
- Demonstrated strengths in rapidly diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving client issues.