- Versatile and driven developer with proven success across all phases of SDLC. I offer strong core strengths that include software development, engineering, and application support. Leverages considerable technological proficiencies that span C, C++, C#, SQL, PERL, SAS, Shell programming ( mostly within a UNIX/LINUX OS environment) and Rel. Database experience with a thorough understanding of the telecommunication and financial industry to design and deliver innovative applications and tools. Strong communicator with superior interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to define potential solutions.
- Successfully executed full life - cycle development, provided high level support, resolved production system issues, executed immediate enhancements and improvements for a large e- commerce company of Confidential Enterprise.
- Resolved many severe level data feed system issues for Confidential 's large and small merchant associated companies on a daily basis to assist in Confidential 's increased revenue and customer relationships for their domestic and international merchants during off-peak and peak seasons.
- Provided full life-cycle development, provided high level support, resolved production system issues, executed immediate enhancements for Confidential and its real-time financial risk and credit exposure application system (called Confidential ) that supported 95% of the firm's OTC derivative trading portfolio.
- Resolved severe level production system issues to increase revenue for this financial investment business area.
- Provided full life-cycle development, provided high level support, resolved production system issues, executed immediate enhancements for Confidential Bank and its real-time financial trade capture and order management application ( called Confidential ) used simultaneously across three continents. Resolved severe level production system issues to increase revenue for this investment bank that supported the front-office Commercial Paper desk area.
- Developed, implemented, tested, and analyzed improvements and features for e- commerce, order management applications, financial trading and risk management systems, telecommunication billing systems, and enhanced both vendor and merchant website content displaying purchased orders.
- Advanced full life-cycle development for real-time production applications while providing daily application system support for end users and merchant businesses (in financial, e-commerce, and telecommunications industries).
- Showcased adaptability and determination in accomplishing multidisciplinary transitions and consistently acquiring skill sets to offer each new position both breadth and depth of knowledge.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Application Development | Technical Support | Database Development | Some UNIX Administration | ETL
- Financial Brokerage | Risk Management | Trading Systems | Fixed Income | FIX protocol | Software Design
- Data Analysis | Root Cause Analysis | Real-time Systems | Algorithm Development | Data Structures
Databases: ORACLE ver. 12, OCI Lib. API's, Pro*C, PL/SQL, SQLPlus, SYBASE ver. 12.5, Transact-SQL, DB-LIB, Sybase CT-LIB, Stored Procedures, Triggers, SQL Server, INFORMIX, ESQL/C
Software/Operating Systems: Ubuntu, LINUX, UNIX System V, Solaris v. 2.X, SunOS, WINDOWS, HP-UX, AIX, TCP/IP, SSH, SOCKETS, FTP Protocols, UNIX Multiprocessing, Multi-Threading, UNIX Commands & Utilities, I.P.C. Fac. (UNIX Inter Process Communication), Excel, X-WINDOWS, Char. based GUI’s, SCCS, RCS, SVN, CVS, CLEARCASE, JIRA, Confluence Wiki, GIT, GitHub, TIBCO Rendezvous, MQ Series
Tools: /Utilities AutoSys, CRON, g++, GNU MAKE, Eclipse IDE, Sun Workshop IDE, Debuggers DBX, SDB, GDB
Hardware: Ubuntu, SUN Servers, LINUX Servers, HP, Windows PC’s, AT&T-Servers, IBM
Confidential, New York, NY
- I worked on one of their client financial projects for an equities trading firm named Verition Fund Management. I am involved in the development of an algorithm trading system component in an Ubuntu ( LINUX ) server environment.
- This component was a FIX protocol component written in C++ ( QuickFix methodology) in the LINUX environment.
- Involved in the SDLC which included analysis, coding and testing of this application trading system component.
- Executed the gathering of business requirements, writing technical specifications, project planning, design, development, coding, debugging, testing, documentation, and implemented LINUX C++ and Shell script components.
- Executed software application builds within an Eclipse Toolkit IDE and Make utility within the Ubuntu (LINUX OS) env.
- Worked with Object Oriented Programming, data structures, algorithms, and debugging of C++ code within the server application components.
- Utilized GitHub (GIT) in conjunction with JIRA Confluence Wiki for building feature branches ( modifications ) of the code component I worked on.
Confidential, Eatontown, NJ
- I did software development worked on a real-time billing system at this telecommunication and information management enterprise company. This system’s purpose is to execute customer billing, statements, invoices, track sales, customer-facing documents and services provided to customers for many financial and industry companies.
- Involved in the SDLC which included analysis, enhancements, coding and testing of this application billing system.
- Executed the gathering of business requirements, writing technical specifications, project planning, design, development, coding, debugging, testing, documentation, maintenance, and implemented UNIX/LINUX C, C++ and PERL code components which interacted with Sybase database (through API’s).
- Executed system application builds with Make utility within the LINUX and SunOS Environments.
- Worked with OOProgramming, data structures, algorithms, STL templates and debugging existing and newer code of server application components.
- Hands-on with Sybase DB analysis via. SQL client or command line. Made DB table modifications and verifying data results or issues. Worked with analyzing Sybase stored procedures for issues. Utilized SQL queries to verify data.
- Work involved creating and modifying SunOS and LINUX Shell script and batch processes.
- Utilized CRON jobs.
Confidential, New York, NY
- I worked on a short migration and development project for a back-office trading system.
- Confidential is a technology service and processing division of South Street Securities that offers a suite of products, technology solutions and services to support banks, broker / dealers, REITs, hedge funds and clients. This includes real-time interfaces for automated processing of securities transactions, trade matching, netting and clearance.
- Project work involved the migration and re-development of UNIX/C and some C++ code application as well as converting it's Sybase ( DB ) CT-Library API's to an Oracle (DB) OCI Library API processing. Also, the project involved the migrating of this application from a Sun Solaris (UNIX) server environment to a LINUX OS server platform.
- Involved in the SDLC which included analysis, enhancements, coding and testing of this back office system.
- Executed the gathering of business requirements, writing technical specifications, project planning, design, development, coding, debugging, testing, documentation, maintenance, and implemented UNIX/LINUX C and some C++ code components. Utilized SunOS Workshop IDE ad Eclipse IDE.
- Executed system application builds with Make utility in SunOS and LINUX OS environments.
- Worked with data structures, algorithms, and debugging existing and newer code of server application components.
- Worked on converting SQL transaction API's from Sybase CT-LIB to Oracle OCI statements. Utilized SQL to verify data.
- Hands-on with Sybase and Oracle DB analysis via. SQL, making DB modifications and verifying data results or issues.
- CRON job processing and Shell scripting applications were utilized within this system processing.
Confidential, Reading, PA
- I worked on a short migration and development project for a Surveillance Technology group within Confidential Bank.
- Project work involved the conversion and remediation of LINUX shell batch processes and AutoSys batch processing to transfer from a Sybase DB platform (involving stored procedures ) to a Windows MS SQL Server database env.
- These applications that I analyzed, enhanced, coded, modified, and tested were coded in PERL and UNIX Shell.
Software Engineer - Technical Support/Development
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
- Promoted to a full time employee in 2014 after exceeding expectations of contracted position via Confidential Systems.
- Honed analysis and resolution skills while driving cooperative efforts across infrastructure system, business analyst, business management, and end user teams.
- Developed production applications in support of both data processing and data feed systems within a Linux OS environment interacting with an Oracle database system.
- Conducted real-time root cause analysis and troubleshooting to debug issues within the production application system, and generated timely and innovative resolutions to pending problems.
- Employed user acceptance integration testing prior to resolution deployments in the production environment inclusive of requirements analysis, documentation updates, and coding enhancement.
- Applied resolutions to severe-level production operation issues related to data feed content, point-of-sale issues, and order management production flow. Triaged issues based on priorities and coordinated team resolution efforts.
- Coded, maintained, modified, tested and analyzed applications written in PERL, OOPerl, C++, UNIX Shell, ORACLE SQL, PL/SQL and DataStage ( ETL ) component processes within the UNIX/LINUX environment.
- Real-time system application environment on server side. MQ Series messaging was part of this application.
- Worked with and experienced developing within multi-threaded applications. Utilized some STL ( Templates ).
- Utilized CVS and SVN in development source code management.
- Involved in server programming, data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented Programming and OS concepts.
- Hands-on with Oracle DB analysis via. SQL, troubleshooting data issues and verification of data feed processing.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Created software applications to advance a migration project, within the Securitized Products area, to preparing Lehman Brothers applications for conversion, configuration, and implementation into Barclays systems environment.
- Scripted enhancements and modifications in Shell scripts, Perl, SAS, and C/C++ applications, and within Linux and Unix server environments. Utilized PERFORCE source code control of coded application components.
- Involved in server application programming (full SDLC) and modifications, data structures, datasets and algorithms.
- These applications involving the processing of MBS, CMO, ABS, CLO and CDO related data.
- Supported batch process configurations, operations, served as a point-of-contact with business client to determine production configurations, application processing and business flow, and issues of converting the development.