- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator offering almost 7 years of extensive experience in database design, development, performance analysis, upgrades, backup, restoration, migration and 24/7 support to Azure SQL, MS SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005 and 2000 in OLTP and OLAP environments.
- Possesses working knowledge of Cassandra and SQL Server 2016 from her work experience at Confidential and Confidential .
- Having a good experience in IIS and Windows Services.
- Involved in deploying and managing websites on IIS servers in both Preview and Production environments.
- Extensive experience in implementing high availability and Disaster Recovery solutions like replication, log shipping, clustering and mirroring on physical and virtual machines. Also performed logical and physical data modeling of databases in ERWIN and MS VISIO.
- Among her tasks were performance tuning, query optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, Data Integrity and Database Health Check, Indexing, and Updating Statistics while utilizing native tools like index tuning wizard, data base tuning advisor, profiler, performance monitor, activity monitor, Event viewer for performance analysis.
- Built SSIS packages involving ETL process while creating deployment utility to deploy SSIS packages over Production, QA and Local System. Developed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Adept at ITIL Process implementation including incident, problem, change and release management.
- Collaborated with a team of business analysts, data architects, application developers, ETL developers and testers while mentoring junior team members. Worked in an onshore and offshore environment.
Operating Systems: Cloud, VM, MDOS, Windows NT/ 2003/2008/2010/2012 R2
Databases: MS SQL Server 2017, 2016/2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000, MS Office, Access 97/2000/2003
ETL and REPORTING Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Data transformation services (DTS), SMTP server services
Database Tools: SQL profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, Index Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, perfmon counters
Third Part Tools: Jenkins, Lite speed, Fog lite, Red gate, Web services, SQL sentry.
Languages: T - SQL, XML, Shell, Linux & Unix, MY SQL DBA.
SQL Server DBA
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005 and 2000, T-SQL, SSAS, SSIS (ETL), SSRS, Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 Servers.
- Installing and managing SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 servers and Service Packs.
- Expert on installing and using the new features of SQL 2012 and 2014.
- Migrated Databases from SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 to 2008 R2, 2012 and SQL 2008r2 to SQL 2012.
- Managing Databases spread across multiple servers in Production, staging & testing environments.
- Installed and Configured Always on Availability Groups environment as a High availability DR solution.
- To analyze long running queries and tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
- Performing Backup/Restore to/from TSM.
- Monitored sql server performance using fog light
- Responsible for creating users and assigning permissions.
- Finding and solving locks and Deadlocks by using SolarWinds.
- Configured fog light to monitor at database level and server level.
- Configured TDP to back up the sql databases.
- Maintaining the database consistency with DBCC at regular intervals.
- Configured Server for Database Mail setup and received Alerts for the Threshold values.
- Daily routine DBA tasks like handling user's permissions and space issues on Production and Semi-Production Servers and handling maintenance Jobs.
- Routine DBA jobs like Backups and Restores.
- Strong experience in mentoring with team members, documentation and 24/7 on call production support.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
SQL Server DBA
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2008R 2/2012/2014/16, Windows 2003/2007/2010/2012 R2 SQL, IIS (Internet Information Service), MS Access, ETL, TFS, Jenkins, Fog light.
- Installed and maintained MS SQL Server 2017/ 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008 on Windows 2008,2012R2, 2016 Server.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restore, recovery models, clustering log shipping, mirroring and replication.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving performance issues, security issues, log sipping issues, database integrity issues.
- Work as a team member with other DBA's to ensure 24x7day a week support to all corporate databases
- Developed and modify stored procedures, queries, triggers, views, indexes, and functions.
- Knowledge of high availability of database of database servers using SQL server Always On.
- Achieved goals through projects that translate customer needs into new products.
- Experience in design, testing and supporting next generation database solutions in SQL Server environments.
- Took responsibility of maintaining the SQL Server instances to ensure software is properly installed.
- Monitor and optimize system performance using SQL Profile and Database Engine Turning Advisor
- Performed day to day DBA activities such as monitoring SQL Server health, job status, and external sources.
- Collaborated with faculty member, administrators and staff to design data intensive applications to capture, organize, analyze and report on data collected from data collector and external sources.
- Installed and configured a SQL 2012 clustered environment with availability groups.
- Installed and configured a SQL 2014 clustered test environment
- Documented processes for installations, clustering, availability group setup, and patching.
- Performed an automate database backups and restores
- Perform routine tasks such as purging old files and checking disk space
- Performed log shipping, as well as schedule various jobs and design, create and schedule various maintenance plans.
- Proficient in performance in SQL Server software new installations and upgrades.
- Configure and install Windows Server 2016 clusters and SQL Server 2016 clusters.
- Involved in performance testing and optimization of a 2TB OLTP Database.
- Using Data availability solutions like Online Restore, Online index operation, Database Snapshot and Fast Recovery
Confidential, Stamford, CT
SQL Server DBA
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2008R 2/2012/2014/16, Windows 2003/2007/2010/2012 R2 SQL, MS Access, SQL sentry, Lite Speed V8.2.1.
- Installed and maintained MS SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 on Windows 2003 Server.
- Monitoring database performance using SQL Profiler and the DB’s percent log space for all database servers using SCOM and Windows Performance Monitor counters.
- Maintained the Active-Passive Clustering as a disaster recovery solution
- Implemented different types of Replication Models like Snapshot and Transactional Managed the use of disk space, memory and connections.
- Performed DBCC utilities and fixed data corruption in application databases.
- Configured and maintained database mirroring for high availability.
- Using log shipping for synchronization of database.
- Used UTL file package scripts to extract data from database based on business requirement.
- Monitored Databases for lock escalation, Deadlock, resource utilization by sessions, package caching, buffer pool hit-ratios, captured long running SQL/runaway queries using SQL Profiler.
- We also conducting statistical analyses of data using standard statistical techniques.
- Traced long running queries and deadlocks using SQL Profiler
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, procedures, and triggers maintained Referential Integrity.
- Analyzed designed, developed, implemented and maintained the instances of databases. Worked on monitoring and tuning the SQL scripts
- Worked with T-SQL development and performance tuning in T-SQL code. Participated in Performance Tuning of Code using execution plan and SQL profiler.
- Added Indexes to improve performance on tables. Used multiple join statements to retrieve data from multiple tables.
- Configured and implemented SQL Server contained database.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases.
- Global Customer interactions through mails/telephonic etc.
- Normalization and Denormalization of tables. Developed Backup and Restore scripts for SQL Server 2005. Installed and Configured SQL Server 2005 with latest service packs.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, DTS, Lite speed, Double-Take software, SQL backup.
Confidential, Cary, NC
SQL Server DBA
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, Windows 2003/2008R2/2010, SSRS, SSIS
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2 on the server and client machines, provide connections and manage databases.
- Created and maintained various databases for Production, Development Servers using MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2.
- Planned the location of data, indexes, and Transaction log files on the disk.
- Used of DBCC Utilities to maintain the consistency and integrity of each database in the production server.
- Resolved locking and blocking issues.
- Tuned the Production server to get the performance improvement.
- Ran Index tuning wizard for optimal query performance.
- Implemented Database Mirroring/Transactional Replication as a part of high availability and disaster recovery.
- Having a good experience in building Terraform scripts and database provisioning through Terraform.
- Experienced working with IDERA for Performance Monitoring, Dead Lock, and Blocking.
- Monitored SQL Server Logs, Application logs and analysing the logs.
- Provided 24/7 support to SQL application developers in implementing them production server.
- Reorganized or rebuilt Indexes based on the Index fragmentation.
- Implemented SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Created Backup strategies and scheduling them as a part of database maintenance plans.
- Created the Jobs and scheduled for daily running.
- Involved in Change Data Capture process.
- Set up SQL Server configuration settings to resolve various resource allocation & memory issues for SQL Server databases and to setup ideal memory, min/max server options.
- Played a key role in business requirements analysis, architecture design, physical and logical Data modelling, application development, testing, production support and Project review with client.
- Performed installations & performance tuning, manage capacity planning & user accounts, and implement database security for multiple instances of development, certification, QA, and production SQL Servers databases.