- Over 13+ Years of Extensive experience in Database Administration and Developer for very large and complex databases in SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 and 2014.
- Excellent experience in Requirement analysis, Database Design, Development Testing, Migration, Reports Development, Documentation and Rollouts.
- Excellent knowledge and experience managing application delivery right from requirements to Go Live
- Expertise in Database administration on Production Servers with server configuration, Performance tuning and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities.
- Expertise in Installation, Upgrade, Configuration and Migration of MS SQL Server in clustered and non - clustered environments.
- Expert in trouble shooting and resolving SQL Server problems in line with the SLAs, which involves in-depth knowledge of SQL Server architecture, connectivity, Windows failover clustering, replication, Log shipping, Mirroring, Always On, backup/restore, database corruption, security and programming.
- Expertise in Maintenance of databases, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting.
- Expertise in analyzing business needs and designing, Testing, implementing HADR models
- Expert level skills in Data Modeling, Data Mapping, Table Normalization, Optimization and Tuning.
- Expert level of Skills in Data Analysis, KPI identification and dash boards design
- Extensive experience in developing reports and dashboards using Crystal Reports, SSRS & Tableau
- Extensive work experience on SQL Server and T-SQL in constructing triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- Experience in Installation, configuration and maintenance of SQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2012 and 2014
- Expert in Data migration using SSIS and DTS services across different databases includes Oracle, MS access & flat files.
- Exposure to complete life cycle of software development
- Experience Design, development and Testing of software applications using Visual Studio 6.0,C# .Net
- Experience in writing Distributed Queries using different heterogynous data sources in SQL Servers.
- Worked extensively on system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of projects (SDLC) and capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
- Expert in developing navigating reports, filtering reports, Formula Work Shop based Reports using Crystal Reports and SSRS.
- Good Business and System analysis skills to understand the requirements and customize client applications.
- Experience of working on different RDBMS like Oracle, MYSQL, SQL Server and MS Access.
Operating Systems: Win 9x/NT/XP/ 2000/2003/2008/2012/2014
RDBMS: SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008/2012/2014 Oracle 11i, MYSQL and MS Access
Languages: Visual Basic 6.0, Visual Studio .Net,C# .Net T-SQL, PL/SQL
Web Technologies: ASP, VB Script, HTML, MS-Front Page, IIS
Development Tools: MS Visual Studio 6.0/. NET, VB.NET, VB 6.0, DTS, SSIS
Reporting Tools: Reports 8/10/XI, SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), SSIS, SSAS, Tableau
Configuration Tools: MS Visual Source safe, CVS, MS-TFS
Tools: & Utilities: Erwin, JIRA, i.Assist,e-Support, BMC, ITSM, SSMA, Redgate
Sr. SQL DBA & Systems Administrator
Environment: SQL Server 2014, Conterra, IIS, Tableau 10.5
- Support for Database Administration Tasks including Configuration Management, Backup/Recovery, Performance Optimization, User management and space management of Production and Testing environments.
- Installation and Configuration of SQL Server in various environments.
- Working with development team in issue fixing issues, patches installation and script execution
- Trouble shooting query performance working with Stored Procedures and Indexes
- Managing Production, Development and Testing environments deploying scripts and db changes
- Created Stored Procedures and Triggers for Business functions
- Created weekly maintenance jobs for DB consistency check and Rebuilding Indexes
- Users and Security Management
- Created Daily, Weekly and Monthly Backup Jobs
- Created and scheduled jobs for automatic moving of old DB files
- Performs Backup/Restore Verification on regular intervals on various environments
- Set up and managing Transaction Replication and Troubleshooting Replication issues
- Monitoring Daily/Weekly Backup and maintenance jobs
- Configured Database Mail and Users
- Creates Database Diagrams for specific functionalities for End user Training
- Created and Scheduled Monthly Backup and restore jobs for System Databases
- Performs code review on specific business stored procedure and shares best practices with Developers
- Verify and installation of SQL Server Patches and Service Packs.
- Development and schedule for daily import jobs using SSIS
- Installation and configuration of FieldClix System
- Installation and configuration of FieldClix mobile app
- Onboarding/Off boarding employees/users/customers
- Development, Testing and Implementation of Project Templates
- End User Training for Project Managers
- End User Training for Field Employees
- Users Access and security management
- System Libraries Management
- Developing reports
- End user support
- Mobile Devices Registration
- Profile Configuration & Deployment
- Remote Monitoring & Support & Trouble shooting
- Requirement Gathering & Analysis
- Design, Development and Testing of Reports
- Daily Reports upload
- Report Publishing to Key users
Sr. SQL DBA
- Managed Production, Development, QA and UAT environments
- Experienced in troubleshooting long running queries and resolving locking and blocking issues
- Involved in migration from SQL Server 2005 to 2016.
- Developed and Scheduled ETL packages using SQL Server Agent
- Designed and maintained Unified Database model
- Populated data from various data sources creating packages for different data loading operations for ETL application.
- Worked on Setting up and managing Snapshot and Transaction replication.
- Implemented AlwaysOn Availability Groups for high availability and disaster recovery
- Resolved issues related to creating & maintaining of databases, monitoring Disk Space, Database Security, Database integrity, Indexes management, blocking and daily checks.
- Setup & Automated Key Alerts on daily/weekly maintenance Jobs, Data Loads Jobs, Disk Space and CPU Monitoring,
- Monitored server performance, trouble shooting and fixing performance issues
- Developed complex business stored procedures, function and triggers
- Extensively used SQL Server DMV's for Performance Tuning
- Worked extensively with SQL server Profiler, Execution plan and Index Tuning Wizard for performance bottlenecks
- Created Backup, Restore and Verify strategy for production and development environment.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server which covers Database Integrity Checks.
- Working with development teams in design, validate and development of database schemas and objects
- Backup, Restore and verify the critical databases on regular intervals.
- Validate and executing the scripts in test, UAT and Production environment.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of MS SQL Server 2012/2016
- Capacity planning and setting up environment for new applications
- Updating Service packs and Security patches for the Servers.
- Analyzing data, Defining KPIs and publishing dash boards
- Preparing technical documentation and presentations on DB schemas, DB models and best practices
Environment: Database: SQL Server 2012/2014, MSQL,MS Access, Windows 7, 2008/2012
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Sr. SQL DBA - Lead
- Requirements Collection, Analysis and Client interaction
- Handling the DB team size of 8
- Around 400 databases servers maintenance and implement the change control requests
- Provide consultation on SQL Server questions/issues to development teams
- Installing, configuring, administering and securing development and production servers using SQL Server 2008R2 and SQL Server 2012
- Create automated processes/jobs to automate repetitive tasks
- Configure linked server & remote server to execute remote procedures
- Performed daily tasks including regular database and servers health check
- Standardize the process across all the environments
- Troubleshooting server outages, as well as troubleshooting and monitoring job failures Along with application issues
- Create and schedule Database maintenance plans
- Configure Mirroring and log shipping on development and testing servers
- Configure Always on SQL server 2012 on development and production servers
- Perform the Multi server administration
- Generation of Traces and diagnose the same in order to find out the performance bottle necks
- Responsible for applying patches by service pack installation and hot fixes
- Providing after hours on call support
- Providing necessary recommendations on the HW and SW upgrades
- Updating DB/Server/Jobs/Users/Roles artifacts on regular intervals
- Comparing Schema/data in various environments while trouble shooting
- CR’s Management
- Work Allocation/ Monitoring/Review and ensure On time delivery
- T-SQL Programming
- Coordinating with development team in terms of developing queries, stored procedures.
- Monitoring Block and locks and resolved the issues.
- Taken preventive measures in order to avoid performance issues.
- Review of work progress with team
- Attending Review Meetings with client
- Sending status reports to client as mutually agreed.
Environment: O/S: Windows 7/2003, Server 2005/2008, BMC, Redgate, SQL, Oracle 11i,MS Access
Architect & Sr. DBA
- Implement and maintain high availability strategies via log shipping, transactional replication, and clustering. Conduct disaster recovery exercises and ensure maximum up time with minimal latency between Active/Active data centers.
- SQL server cluster shared environment (Active\Passive).
- Created Database maintenance plans for Backup and Recovery.
- Prepared data migration plan and developed scripts
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented database archiving engine for production databases
- Performance monitoring and fixing of critical dash boards
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Packages, Triggers and Scheduled Jobs.
- Dynamic Queries to address complex business logics involving in multiple Databases.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Created Stored Procedures and T-SQL Queries for SQL Server reporting services (SSRS).
- Migrated Data Transfer Service (DTS) Packages to SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
- Created Bulk Insert Packages to Retrieve Data from Flat Files using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Analyzing new Report requirements and designing specification documents.
- Creating Reports from large Database using SQL server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created parameterized Reports using charts, Matrix, List, Sub Reports, and Running Totals using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Cascading Reports link giving hyperlink to a field and that will takes u to the another report or chart using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Responsible for performance tuning, optimizing the queries (TSQL statements), removing redundant and inconsistent data, joins from the database tables and normalizing them
- Rewrote TSQL queries, removed unwanted columns, established joins and created indexes wherever necessary
- Providing updated DB scripts for Schema and Data during Build preparations
- Prepared documentation/scripts for tables, stored procedures, SSIS tasks and comprehensive commenting of all codes. Maintained technical documentation for operational support
- Pre-sales support, Technical Proposal preparation and support
- Customer relations management, Invoicing, and Receipts Management
- Acting as single point of contact in reaching Tech Mahindra for all the business and technical requirements
- Team Management and resource allocation for various new requirements
- New business requirements, Analysis, identification and allocation of team.
Environment: Database: SQL Server 2005, Oracle 11i,ASP.Net, C#.Net, IIS, CTI,AVLT, GIS O/S: Windows XP/7, 2003,2005, SSIS, SSRS
- Requirement Analysis
- Data Modeling (Logical & Physical)
- Brainstorming with project teams on the proposed Database design
- Standardizing the SQL coding practices across the projects
- Logical and physical designing of Databases and documentation
- Writing T-SQL code, Stored Procedures, Views, Functions and Triggers
- Migration of Master data
- Monitoring and Maintaining Development and Testing servers
- Training the development teams on the SQL coding standards
- Installation and configuration of development and testing servers
- Review/recommendation on critical business functionality
- Query optimization, performance tuning
- Participating in project review meeting
- Participating in domain and technology meetings
- Publishing weekly report on DB development progress
- Publishing ‘Tip of the Day’ for all the projects team
- Managing and appraising DBA Team
- Code review, and re-writing the critical SPs
- Designing, Testing and configuration of suitable HA & DR models.
- Conducting training session for project teams on the new features and best practices
Environment: Visual Studio 2010, ASP.net and IIS, Windows 7, 2008,SQL Server 2005
Team Lead & Sr.DBA
- Databases and Servers Monitoring
- Managing and supporting 24/7 production activities
- Team Lead and Shift lead
- Configuring and managing Log-shipping, Replication for development servers
- Configuring and managing database mirroring for production servers
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Security Management of Servers and Database
- Index Management
- Scheduling and monitoring Jobs
- Backup and restore/verify activities
- Deadlocks and Blocks management
- Disk space management
- Patches and service packs installation
- Installation and configuration of SQL DB servers
- Planning & execution of weekly Maintenance activities
- Co-coordinating with project team on the deployment activities
- Stakeholders management
- Generation of ad-hoc reports and dash boards
Environment: Visual Studio 2010, ASP.net and IIS, Windows 7, 2008, SQL Server 2005
- Leading the Database Team
- Working with Development team for database design and development
- Monitoring and maintaining 4 production and 3 development servers
- Job Monitoring & publishing
- Creating and Scheduling new Jobs
- Monitoring disks statistics on production servers
- Monitoring and sending reminders to team on CVS Difference and Data Integrity Checks.
- Creating and maintaining users in Windows as well in SQL Server
- Creating environments for testing
- Verifying the Backup files status
- Providing support to Client on Day-to-day activities on the product.
- Creating and scheduling Windows Schedulers
- Coordinating with onsite support team
- Coordinating with CapGemini team for the Infrastructure support.
- Logging and resolving issues that are raised by client on the MDM product.
- Monthly maintenance of Address Doctor Database
- Following Defect tracking and analysis (JIRA)
- Analysing and Fixing the Production issues assigned through JIRA
- Preparing RCA documents
- Acting as primary contact to the first line support.
- Getting clarification from the client through first line support
- Installing, configuring, administering and securing database servers
- Writing Stored Procedure, T-SQL queries and UDFs
- Applying the DB scripts in Testing and UAT environments
- Troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning queries and stored procedures
- Backup and recovery management
- Production support through on line quarries
- Preparation of Build Request Documents
- Preparation of scripts and data for production rollouts
- Build support and performing smoke test
- Allocation and follow-up of tasks status with the team.
- Change Request Management
- Dealing with VSS for any code changes
- Preparing Unit Test Cases, Code Review Report Documents
- Updating the online defect tracking system for the issues delivered
- Supporting QA team
- Participating in weekly/monthly/quarterly review meetings
- Publishing status reports to PM
Environment: C#.net, IIS and Crystal Reports 8.5, SQL Server 2000, Windows XP, 2000s
- HIS Implementations at customer locations
- Installation and configuration of database servers
- Application installation, Setup and configuration
- Maintenance and support Production Databases and servers
- Demonstration of existing applications and features
- Preparation of functional gap reports
- Requirements gathering and analysis
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Code development using VB and T-SQL
- Unit, System, Integration and Functional Testing
- Reports Development using Crystal Reports and Printer Objects
- Creating and scheduling jobs and maintenance activities
- Interacting with customers, vendors for Integration and support
- Designing and Developing integration engines for external accounting systems
- Preparation of user manuals, installation documents and end user training guides
- End user training and assessment
- Writing Stored Procedures, Triggers and UDFs
- Creating and updating tables
- Configuration and managing database replication on production server
- Query optimization, performance tuning
- Performing daily check activity on the production servers
- Environment setup for development, testing & UAT
- Analysing Change request and preparation of FD, TD and DB documents
- Preparation of Impact analysis documents on the Change Requests
- Monitoring and Maintenance of Database servers
- Backup and restore databases
Environment: Windows 97/NT, SQL Server 2000, VB 6.0, COM/DCOM and Crystal Reports 8.58