- Information Technology professional in SQL database administration activities like installation, configuration, database design, backup & recovery, DR and high availability solutions, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, performance tuning and database security. Responsible for working primarily with development and operations teams to help stakeholders grow the business.
- 7+years of total IT experience mainly as SQL Server Database Administrator in Finance Industry, Telecommunication industries.
- Working on Application Server (Create Services, Config File)
- Proficient in managing OLTP and DSS environments and giving 24/7 production support
- Expertise in SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008 R2 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, SQL Server Surface Area Configuration, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, BCP and Bulk Load.
- Expertise in Database Administration (DBA) tasks like Backups and Recovery, Log shipping, Mirroring, Always On, space utilization, load balance, process scheduling, security, replication, etc.
- Expertise in managing 100+ Server including SQL Server and application server.
- Expertise in SQL Installation and Patching 2012/2008 R2/2008/2005 on all windows servers.
- Knowledge with OLEDB (Object Linking and Embedding, Database ) with SQL Server 2012
- Improving Database accessibility and modifying Dynamic Management Views and Functions in SQL Server 2012.
- Knowledge with Always on feature which includes Failover Clustering and Database Mirroring in SQL Server 2012.
- Proficient in Microsoft Standard Configuration.
- Implemented CLUSTERING, Mirroring, Log Shipping and Replication for DR
- Understanding of ETL Process using Partitioned Tables, SSIS and Deploying SSIS Packages using Package Configuration along with Deployment utility.
- Using DMV’s for performance analysis and Implementing Index Rebuild process for performance improvements based on Built - in SSMS reports.
- Expertise in system trouble shooting in production environment and development environments.
- Experience with VMware products.
- Expertise in work with End users and solving the issues.
- Expertise in work with Business Analyst and Developers to resolve the issues.
- Expertise in work on 24/7 environment with all day-to-day activities.
- Good knowledge of data ware housing project with knowledge of OLAP and OLTP.
- Good Knowledge of SAN, LAN (local area network), WAN.
- Experience in Sharepoint including Administration, Development & Configuration.
- Working with .NET Developer to Resolved issue as needed.
- Expertise in developing stored procedure, Jobs and trigger in SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2005.
- Upgrade/Migration from earlier / legacy version to SQL Server 2008 R2/2005 using suitable methods.
- Expertise in supporting team of application developers for .Net web and OLTP database application.
- Experience in the designing, developing, Implementation and testing on production server.
- Involved in building data warehouse using ETL Tools for creating analytical reports.
- Ability to perform all common Database Administration (DBA) tasks like performing database backups and disaster recovery, space utilization, load balance, process scheduling, security, clustering, etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Indexing and Query Optimization. Understanding of Query Execution Plans.
- Used third party tools like IDERA, REDGATE, SQL Litespeed for Backup and Monitoring
Operating Systems: Windows server 2012, 2008 R2 / 2003, VMware
Database: SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008 R2/2005/2000, MS- Access.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Profiler, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
Programming Languages: C#, VB.NET, Power Shell
Tools: & Utilities: IDERA, Red-gate tool for back-up, SQL data Compare and SQL Compare.
Reporting Tools: SSRS, SSIS, Share point, Crystal Reports
SQL Server Tool: Enterprise Manager, Profiler, Query Analyzer, Export and Import
Confidential, Orlando, FL
SQL server DBA
- Installing and configuring of SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014.
- Strongly knowledge working on Oracle (11g and 12c)
- Good Experience with All configuration and Work with MMC support.
- Strong Experience Databases upgrade.
- Strong Experience working in Mirroring.
- Installation Of Webmin for GUI of server details of Instance.
- Strong Experience working on deploy Data UAT to Production.
- Strong knowledge working in App server.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Provided 24x7 production supports for SQL Server databases.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO). Test backups every quarter to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO). Suggested backup strategies.
- Managed/Installed Microsoft Active\Active and Active\Passive Clustered SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2104 environments.
- Manage and Administer private clouds in Hyper-v infrastructure.
- Implemented disaster recovery solution at the remote site for the production databases using Log Shipping/SRDF.
- Installation and integration of ESB on AWS installation and integration of LDAP and AWS
- Responsible in creation of logins and assigning permissions to users. Created roles and set permissions to ensure that company’s security policies are enforced and in effect.
- Used System monitor to find the bottlenecks in CPU, Disk I/O and memory devices and improved the database server performance.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to monitor and record database activities of particular users and applications.
- Monitored Databases for lock escalation, dead Lock, resource utilization by sessions, package caching, buffer pool hit-ratios, captured long running SQL/runaway queries.
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases. This involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Create, Backup, restore & Drop datrabases per developer’s requirnments in postgressql.
- Implement slony replication for development, QA and Production databases in Postgressql.
- Synced up non prod environments (QA and Pre prod) including schema and data with production as requested by application users.
- Weekly/Monthly Maintenance tasks like Patching, installing Service Packs
- Implemented different types of Replication Models like Snapshot and Transactional.
- Did capacity planning and proactive monitoring with daily reports, alerts to avoid disk space, file growth and other database related issues. Have done Database forecasting with help from application teams participation, table size reports, idera reports
- Document the company’s database environment.
- Reviewed DB Scripts from the development team before releasing them into the Production
Confidential, West Nooritown, PA
SQL Server DBA
- Performed Node Injection for the enhancements of hardware in the Clustered environment.
- Installed and configured and maintained failover clustering for SQL SERVER 2005
- Migration of databases from SQL Server 2000/2005 to SQL Server 2005, 2008.
- Involved in Configuration and Administration of SharePoint 2007 environment.
- Monitored Log shipping as high availability solution.
- Configured Server Memory for maximum Performance and effective utilization.
- Monitoring SQL server performance using profiler to find performance and deadlocks.
- Integrated Performance monitor and SQL traces to have better graphical analysis to find system bottlenecks.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plans and disaster recovery strategies.
- Performed Compressed Backups for Huge databases.
- Migrated DTS packages to SSIS packages
- Monitored and tuned database resources and activities for SQL Server databases.
- Performed and automated SQL Server version upgrades and patch installs.
- Having very good knowledge on creation and scheduling of T-SQL jobs to run daily.
- Worked on Data portioning for high availability of data
- Used Dynamic Management Views (DMV) for monitoring the performance of the server
- Worked with IP Mon Tool by setting up alerts for the Monitors of various SQL Servers
- Worked and generated reports using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Performed Database Integrity Checks, updated Database Statistics and performed Re-indexing through Maintenance Planner
- Knowledge in QA.
- Maintaining the database consistency with DBCC at regular intervals
- Creating SQL Server Logins and assigning Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of User Support.
- Configured Database Mail for SQL Servers for the Positive Mail Notification.
- Experience in developing the applications using T-SQL Programming (DDL, DML, and DCL).
- Conversant with various phases of Software Development life cycle (SDLC) including development, designing, analysis, coding, testing and implementation.
- Created Maintenance Plans that helped in effective disk utilization and index maintenance.
- Effectively managed disk space using LITE SPEED for Data base Backups
- Worked on TFS and brought all the servers under Source control.
- Export all Maintenance Packages and brought them under Source control
- Created, Scheduled and monitored SQL Server Jobs, making sure jobs run successfully every night.
- Tuned stored procedures, triggers, views and adding/changing tables for data load and transformation, and data extraction.
- Worked on multiple instances of SQL server using VM Ware
- Extensively worked on Production support and involved in trouble shooting SQL servers in various levels.
- Review the Build level for all the servers every month
Confidential, Owensboro, KY
SQL Server DBA
- Developed stored procedures and triggers.
- Optimized SQL queries for efficiency and the front end developer with their queries and procedures.
- Backing up master & system databases and restoring them when necessary. Supported production environment.
- Logical and Physical design of database for projects on basis of user requirements using ERwin
- Reporting on a weekly basis to the project manager.
- Determine the SQL Server Installation options. Install SQL Server Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program. Test the Installation of SQL Server.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to Administer SQL Server.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Planned the Complete Backing up of Database and Restored the Database.
- Fine tuning of database objects and server.
- Job Monitoring and making sure all jobs ran successfully every night
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a job is failed or succeed.
- Moved the entire phase from the Staging to the Production.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003/2008 , MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , MSCS,Mcrosoft IIS 6, SharePoint2007, Microsoft.NET, SSRS,SSAS, Oracle 9i, MS Office Access 2003, MS Visio Pro 2002.