- Over 8 years of IT experience in SQL Database Administration, System Analysis, Design, Development & Support of MS SQL Servers 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 in Production, QA, Reporting Services, Integration Services, Development environment & Replication and Cluster Server Environments
- Extensive knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
- Strong experience with Data modeling and Database Logical /physical Design Using Erwin
- Strong experience with SQL Server Log shipping, Database Mirroring, snapshot/transactional/Merge replication, SSIS and SSRS
- Experience in developing and implementing policies, procedures and standards for preserving the integrity and security of data, reports and access
- Proficient with SQL Management Studio, SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor
- Experience with installing, analyzing, and supporting SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Strong experience with writing SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers and functions
- Strong experience with Full/Differential/Log Backup & Recovery
- Solid experience with creating SQL Server jobs/alerts, and implementing scheduled tasks
- Strong experience with server/database/scripts performance tuning and optimization
- Strong experience with clustered/non - clustered index
- Experience with monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving database issues
- Experience with configuring and managing Linked Server, data transfer between SQL servers
- Experience with establishing and maintaining development, testing and production environments
- Good Knowledge of system monitoring software (SloarWinds)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills. Proactive, independent, self-managing and teamwork spirits
- Experienced on 24x7 On-call Service
Operating Systems: Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012 Server, Windows XP/VISTA/WIN7/WIN8/WIN10/CentOS 6.5, Macintosh
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2008R 2/ 2012/2014/2016/2017, and Access
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, SSRS, SSIS, Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Query Store, Server Network Utility, Database Tuning Wizard, Index Tuning Wizard, Microsoft Clustering Services (MSCS), Erwin
Programming Languages: T-SQL
Applications: FTP, DNS, VPN, VMware workstation 9, Domain Controller, Linked server
Monitor Tools: SolarWinds
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Microsoft SQL Server DBA/SQL Developer
- Managed 10 Microsoft SQL Servers (SQL Server 2008R 2/ 2012/2014/2016/2017 ) and set up maintenance jobs
- Involved in designing, developing and deploying reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2012, 2014 and SSIS in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Involved in creating multiple parameterized stored procedures which were used by the reports to pull out results.
- Created parameterized reports, Drill down and Drill through reports using SSRS.
- Involved in the Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2008R2 to SQL Server 2012/2014/2016/2017.
- Used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Integrated CRM databases with the production databases for reporting purposes.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler, Query Store and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases.
- Responsible for installation and Configuration of SQL Server 2012/2014/2016/2017 database and configuration of Report manager.
- Created SSRS reports using Report Parameters, Drop-Down Parameters, Multi-Valued Parameters Debugging Parameter Issues Matrix Reports and Charts.
- Created Database Objects - Tables, Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures and User defined functions according to the requirements of the project.
- Created FetchXML reports in Dynamics CRM 2013.
- Teamed with developers to write new stored procedures for their needs.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
Microsoft SQL Server DBA, Consultant
- Managed and optimized more than 30 Microsoft SQL Servers (SQL Server 2008R2/2012) and set up and managed high availability strategy: failover cluster, replication, database mirroring and log shipping
- Configured Microsoft SQL Server maintenance plans to automatically backup/restore SQL Server databases, optimize index and update statistics
- Collaborated with the infrastructure team for database backup strategy: onsite backup, offsite backup and offline backup
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace long running queries for optimizing databases
- Restored MS SQL Backups to check backup integrity and practice disaster recovery
- Troubleshot SQL Server related CPU/Memory, I/O using Performance Monitor
- Troubleshot MS SQL Server issues and optimized MS SQL Server performance through slow query log and execution plan
- Configured database mail, linked servers in SQL server 2008R2
- Wrote Microsoft SQL T-SQL codes including stored procedures, functions, triggers and ad hoc queries
- Collaborated with system teams and development teams for code release including MS SQL database changes and patches
- Set up SQL Agent jobs, DTS and SSIS packages, and scheduled tasks to automate works
- Set up and configure the Zabbix tool to monitor MS SQL Server systems, Windows Application systems
- Created and manage full-text servers, linked servers to support production needs
- Documented Microsoft SQL Server database structures and functionalities
- Worked on 24x7 on-call rotation
Confidential, Pontiac, MI
Microsoft SQL Server DBA, Consultant
- Checked the configuration and performance of the existing databases including data files allocation, index, fill factor, fragmentation and the impacts on system performance. Analyzed potential problems (response delay, locking, server downtime, etc.)
- Created logical and physical database design, data structures using Erwin
- Migrated Access Databases to MS SQL Server 2005 using SQL Server Migration Assistance for Access
- Installed MS SQL server 2008R2 on the new servers and applied Service Packs
- Designed and constructed data workflow for real-time data transformation between different databases by using SSIS packages
- Provided suggestions to the network team regarding disk configuration, RAID level according to database sizing and capacity planning
- Developed and created the new database objects including tables, views, indexes, stored procedures and functions, advanced queries and also updated statistics using Query Analyzer and Enterprise Manager on the existing servers
- Wrote stored procedures, functions, triggers and etc. using T-SQL
- Loaded stored procedures and functions implemented by developer teams into production databases
- Created jobs and alerts, analyze activity logs and error logs
- Scheduled Full and Transactional log backups for the user created and system databases in the production environment using the Database Maintenance Plan Wizard
- Monitored and tuned databases to meet the performance and availability requirements of on-line systems and multiple applications
- Modified database structures including tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, user-defined functions, as well as disk configuration and storage allocation to support application enhancements
- Maintained day-to-day production servers
- Developed and implemented maintenance procedures
- Involved in capacity planning, sizing and database growth projections
- Implemented disaster recovery solution at the remote site for the production databases using Log Shipping
- Set up Database Maintenance Plans to reorganize indexes, re-indexing and update the index statistics on the production databases
- Used system monitor to find the bottlenecks in CPU, Disk I/O and memory devices and improved the database server performance.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to monitor and record database activities of particular users and applications
- Used DBCC commands to troubleshoot issues related to database consistency
- Used Index Tuning Wizard to redesign and created the indexes for better performance
- Fine tuned Stored Procedures using Execution Plan in T-SQL for better performance
- Streamlined the server/database level security by creating the Windows and SQL logins with the appropriate server/db roles and object level permissions
- Used SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), an Extract Transform Loading (ETL) tool of SQL Server, to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for applications
- Implemented triggers and stored procedures and enforced business rules via constraints
- Worked with various business groups while developing their applications, assisting in database design, installing SQL Server clients, phasing from development to QA and to production environment
- Reviewed DB Scripts from the development team before releasing them into the Production