- SQL Server Architect/ DBA/Analyst with over 18 years of IT experience, including more than 16 years as an Architect/DBA/Developer specializing in Finance and Manufacturing industry. Proficient in SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/ R2, 2012 and Dot Net.
- Possess strong communication and problem solving skills developed through a variety of projects.
- Offers proven abilities in team leadership and proactive systems support.
- Able to work independently in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Can identify threats as well as opportunities.
- Developing, mentoring and motivating teams to do better.
- Comfortable in dealing with Senior Managers and or Executives.
- Developing workable processes and policies pertaining to business as well as technical to ensure stable environment.
- Able to cope with pressure and work in a fast paced environment.
- Willing and capable of learning and adapting quickly.
- Understanding a client's needs and issues from a business point of view.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner.
- High level of personal organization and time management skills.
- Ability to always maintain self - motivation and be consistently pro-active.
Databases: MS SQL Server (2012, 2008/R2, 2005, 2000, 7.0, 6.5), ORACLE (9i Release 2)
Languages: SQL Programming, PowerShell, Visual Studio .Net
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/2003/2000, NT, Windows 7, XP, Linux, and UNIX
Networks: Windows NT, AppleTalk and Novell.
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports (4.0 - .Net), Cognos Impromptu/PowerPlay, MS Access Reporting.
ERP Systems: SAP R/3
Office Tools: MS Office
Project Management Tools: MS Project, MS Visio.
Source Code Control: Visual SourceSafe 6.0, Sub Version, Team Foundation Server
Miscellaneous: Windows API.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, PowerDesigner 10.0 MS Visio
Process Management Tools: CLEARQUEST, ServiceNow, JIRA
Monitoring Tools: HP Sitescope, Spotlight, FogLight, IBM Tivoli
Storage Management: EMC Symmetrix VMax, Clarion CX3-10, 20, 40 and NAS NS-40.
Clustering/Load Balancing Technologies: MSCS, WLBS/NLB, Application WEB Farms
Confidential - Wilmington, DE
Sr. Database Architect/Administrator
- Worked as a Data/Database Architecture for Financial Applications on Microsoft environment specifically SQL Server 2008R2/2012, MS Clustering, Storage requirements, Security and Network Operations.
- Role included Business Requirements gathering, prototyping new features and supporting the existing databases.
- Support the production deployments, performance tuning, Upgrades, Application as well as Database patching.
Confidential - Fort Washington, PA
Sr. Database Architect/Administrator
- Technical Management primarily as Database Architect for Microsoft environment specifically SQL Server 2008/2008R2, MS Clustering, Storage Requirements, Security and Network Operations.
- Planned, Strategized, implemented and supported large Data Center moves.
- Implemented policies, process and database security measures for SOX related Applications working alongside with internal/external auditors.
- Worked closely with the Infrastructure and Environment teams to design/implement enterprise wide monitoring solutions.
- Worked closely with the Application teams on developing enterprise wide production deployment solutions.
Confidential - Newtown Square, PA
- Planned and implemented Virtual environments for Database environments all the way up to production.
- Responsible for SQL Server 2005/2008/R2 migrations which included Database Services, Analysis Services and Reporting Services.
- Responsible for Business continuity, Application Release strategies and software upgrades.
- Planned and implemented a continuous Integration, Deployment cycles within an Agile Framework.
- Worked closely with the Application development, Infrastructure and Environment teams on various design solutions.
- Worked with all the Business partners internal and external to bridge the gaps between IT and various business units on requirements gathering, analysis and project plans.
Confidential - Conshohocken, PA
- Hands on Resource and Technical Management primarily as IT Solutions Architect for Microsoft environment specifically SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Clustering, Storage Requirements, Security and Network Operations.
- Designing and implementing SAN Storage designs specifically for Microsoft SQL Servers for high I/O and availability applications.
- Key Responsibility includes SQL Server 2005/2008 implementation, Performance tuning, high availability tasks, Log Shipping, DB mirroring, updates to the vendor products and system upgrades.
- Capacity planning for future data growth, Data Archiving strategies, Backup strategies for SQL and Networked systems.
- Project planning for implementation of software upgrades and releases for Application as well as systems.
- Responsible for Vendor Management for IT Infrastructure, Data Center operations.
- Responsible for Continuity of Business Design and implementation for the IT Infrastructure as a whole with an uptime of 99%.
- Co-ordinate Infrastructure Change Management audits on an ongoing basis.