Over 8 years of experience in Database Administration and Support of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005 in Production, Test, Development, Replication and Failover Cluster environments
SQL Servers & Tools: SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014, Azure cloud, Export/Import, PowerShell, SQLBackup, Lite Speed, Red Gate, Idera, SQLSafe, and Backup Exec.
ETL Tools: SSIS
Data Modeler: SSAS
Reporting & Audit Tools: SSRS, Report Builder, Idera SQL Compliance Manager and SQL Secure.
Third Party Tools: RedGate, Spotlight, and IderaSQLsuite, Ola Hellengren and Brent Ozar s Maintenance Scripts
DB Query Tools: MS SQL Server Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, ETL, SSMSOperating System Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008 and 2012 servers
Consultant SQL DBA
Confidential | Cranford, New Jersey
- Installed and Upgraded from SQL server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 to 2016 (rolling upgrade)
- Migrated Databases from SQL Server 2012 to SQL server 2014 and 2016
- Installed and administered failover cluster Active/Passive on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Enterprise Edition on SAN environment
- Provided 24/7 support during the migration process
- Worked with the System Administration team and Network Administration team during the windows clustering creation.
SQL Server DBA
- As a production L2 support, was responsible for resolving incident tickets escalated from L1 support and handling critical incidents (Sev1, Sev2 high)
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining databases as per supported LOB applications
- Created necessary T SQL scripts, stored procedures, tables, views, functions, triggers and indexes
- Created automation of day - to-day operations, critical SQL server alerts and repetitive tasks
- Monitored the health and performance of SQL server instances and in-house applications using Extended Events, SQL server Profiler, PerfMon and other third-party tools
- Setup and maintained Log Shipping between various environments
Junior SQL Server DBA
- As a L2 support, we worked on incident tickets escalated from L1 support team.
- Responsible for MS SQL Server 2005 and 2008 and database administration.
- 24x7 critical production support for hundred and ten SQL Servers out of which 75 were mission critical production support.
- Created database maintenance plans for SQL backups, optimization, and integrity check and t log backups.
- Created databases, tables, indexes, stored procedures and triggers, alerts and maintained user permissions.
- Applied monthly patches and hot fixes.