- DBA working with SQL Server since 2000, Oracle and Sybase since 2012
- Extensive background in database technical support and customer service within healthcare and financial services industries
- Excellent communication and teaching skills
- Architected and executed project to successfully upgrade all regional SQL Servers from SQL Server 2000/2005 to SQL Server 2008 R2 and subsequently from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2014, including consolidation and virtualization resulting in significant license cost savings.
- Lead SQL development effort for the implementation of a Global Financial Sub - Ledger application
- Reduced the time needed for quarterly patching of the Oracle database environment from three months to three weeks by standardizing database builds and developing automated patching procedures.
DATABASE TECHNOLOGY & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Microsoft SQL Server, T - SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Administration, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Development, Log shipping, Availability Groups, Mirroring, Replication, PowerShell (dbatools, dbachecks), Oracle Database 11gR1-12cR2, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 13c, Recovery Manager (RMAN), Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Automatic Database Diagnostic Manager (ADDM), Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager, Red-Gate Suite of SQL and Oracle tools, Private Cloud Infrastructure (VMWare)
Confidential, New york, NY
- Senior member of regional Database Administration team comprised of SQL Server, Oracle, and Sybase DBAs with focus on SQL Server.
- Responsible for oversight and implementation of database lifecycle management, licensing control, audit compliance, regular database maintenance, business continuity/disaster recovery design and planning, and performance monitoring and optimization. Participated in 24x7 on-call rotation in support of global middleware functional teams.
- Typical tasks included: ensuring RPO/RTO compliance; build, configuration, and migration of SQL instances; review, performance tuning, and troubleshooting of T-SQL and PL/SQL code; 2nd/3rd level support for all database-related incidents; primary point of contact for all database-involved project work.
- Senior DBA team member responsible for the migration of SQL Server 2000/2005 instances to SQL Server 2008 R2 and then to SQL Server 2014, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g on SuSE/RHEL Linux to Oracle 11g on Solaris 10 and then Oracle 12c on Solaris 11, and Sybase 12.5.x to Sybase 15.7.
- Managed regional Investment Banking & Finance Application Management teams, providing support for New York, London, Frankfurt, Sao Paulo, and Tokyo trading platforms and finance systems. Coordinated out-of-hours support with peers in other regions to ensure global system stability and high availability. Responsible for resolving Production job failures such as data quality issues, infrastructure failures, upstream delays and performance issues for Fixed Income, Treasury, and Equity Markets trading platforms as well as Regulatory Reporting, Sub-ledger, and P/(L) Reporting Systems.
Confidential, New york, NY
- Regional SQL Server Database Administrator: created Business Continuity /Disaster Recovery plan for SQL Server based applications; performed daily, weekly, and monthly database maintenance; implemented and maintained change management process; ensured proper server/database level security with auditing of activity (privileged user, DDL, filtered-DML).
- Responsible for the sourcing of data from Front/Back Office and Static data systems for consolidation into Sub-Ledger, development of ETL mechanism, enrichment of data via stored procedures to meet global standards, and creation of reports used by Finance for calculation of daily P&L, Balance Sheet Substantiation, Statutory /Regulatory Reporting, and SOX Compliance.
- Provided 24x7 support for existing Siebel 6 and 7 production environments.
- This included architecting backup and disaster recovery strategies, performance tuning and availability, off-hours maintenance as well as log-shipping, and data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) into other Horizon systems.
- Designed and configured database systems for the multi-million-dollar upgrade of Siebel 6 to Siebel 7.
- This entailed hardware specification and configuration, capacity planning, disaster recovery, stress testing, performance monitoring and data movement between disparate environments.