- Senior SQL Server DBA with over 7 years of experience in SQL Server administration, implementation and support. Deft in administering daily operations to ensure that the network and the infrastructure are up & running and as a whole provides a high degree of reliability and availability.
- Conversant with Architecture, RDBMS, SQL Server Databases, Backup, Recovery, Performance tuning, Monitoring,Migration, Version Upgrade and Administration.
- Hands - on experience in supporting SQL Servers 2005/2008/2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016 and SQL 2017. Solid track record based on professionalism, thoroughness, and dedication.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Backup and Recovery, Query Optimization and Security.
- Strong experience in Upgrade/Migration of MSSQL Server 2000/ /2008R2 and from MSSQL Server 2008\2008r2 to MSSQL Server SQL server 2017.
- Experience in AlwaysOn, Big Data support and SSDT
- Responsible for a large scale of database migration from SQL server to SQL Azure and Maintaining both Azure SQL Database and SQL server on Azure Virtual Machines(VMs)
- Strong hands on T-SQL, stored procedures, tables, views, functions, triggers and indexes.
- Experience in creating and maintaining ETL routines as well as assisting with reporting needs.
- Experience with developing and maintaining complex SSIS, SSRS and SSAS Packages
- Experience in FDA Validation procedures required for Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Work with Financial, pharmaceutical and communication Industries.
- Acted as a production and development DBA.
- Experience in Using Performance Monitor/Profiler to resolve Dead Locks and long /Slow running Queries.
- Implemented and provisioned Amazon Web Services (AWS) services combining hands on experience with services like Elastic Compute Cloud 2 and Amazon RDS
- Responsible for securing SQL Server, user management, assigning permissions and roles.
- Acted as a system administrator of various Windows operating systems.
- Experience in Database Mirroring, Hardware/Software Clustering and SAN technology.
- Hands on experience and knowledge on high availability SQL Server solutions, Replication
- Experience in creating standard documentation for technical documentations.
- Excellent experience in working independently as well as in team-oriented environments.
- Involved in problem solving and conflict resolutions.
- Experience in supporting and maintaining huge databases and troubleshooting their problems.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Languages: SQL CLR,T-SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, VB, .NET Framework, C#, C++, and Java
Reporting Tools: Tableau, SSRS, QlikView, Cognos BI, and Business Objects XIBackup Software: SQLBackup, Redgate,, FTP, EMC, and TSM, SQLSafe, Litespeed.
RDBMS & Tools: SQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2008 r 2/2012/2014/2016 and 2017, MS Access 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016 , SQL Loader, and Export/ImportOperating System: Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008/2008 r2/Windows server 2012 Windows Server 2012R2, and UNIX,Linux.
ETL Tools: Microsoft SSIS,DSS, Remedy MDM.
Data Model: Darwin, Erwin, and SSAS.
Third Party Tools: DB Artisan, RedGate, Spotlight, Quest's Toad, Idera, Litespeed
Database Query Tools: MS SQL Server QA, SQL Profiler, ETL, SSMS and Enterprise Manager.
Confidential, New York, NY
SQL Server DBA
- Experienced as a Production DBA support provided 24 X 7 for SQL Server
- Migrated SQL Server to SQL Azure by scripting schemas and moved data be SSIS.
- Experienced in provisioning database in Amazon RDS Instance.
- Experienced with creating SSIS packages for data import and export in SQL Server.
- Experienced with creating ETL package that extracts data from multiple data sources.
- Experienced in configured and maintained Always-On, Replications and Log-shipping.
- Experienced in launching DB instances wizard by selecting DB size and flavors.
- Experienced in migrating RDS Instance database to SQL Server by using SQLAzureMW.
- Installed and configured SQL 2014 and 2016 in development and Production Environment.
- Implemented SQL Server 2014 Database Mirroring and Database Encryption.
- Involved in upgrading from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2014 servers and SQL 2016. .
- Installed and configured the MS SQL Fail over clustering for production servers.
- Experienced with setting up the backup strategy for production, test and development.
- Installed and Configured Foglight and Precise Software to monitor all servers.
- Experienced in backup and restore production databases to test and development servers.
- Installed Quest Software and experienced with LiteSpeed backup and Restore.
- Configured the log shipping in production environment to create the backup server.
- Experienced with SQL Disaster recovery processes and documented the processes.
- Created the maintenance plan for database optimization and integrity checks.
- Experienced with improving SQL Server performance using windows performance monitor.
- Experienced with improving the database performance using execution plan, index tuning wizards and profilers.
- Worked with the SQL Developers to change the stored procedures codes to improve the performance.
- Experienced with monitoring all SQL Servers by Foglight and Precise.
- Experienced in securing the SQL Servers and assign the permissions to SQL Server users.
- Experienced in change management processes to implement the changes to production environments.
- Created the check lists to install SQL Server, apply service packs, securityhot fix and upgrade processes.
- Experienced in AWS Cloud creating EC2 instance and migrated SQL Databases.
- Excellent team player with good communication skills.
Confidential, Norwalk, CT
SQL Server DBA
- Installed and configured MS SQL Server 2012, SQL 2014 and SQL server 2016
- Worked on complex SQL environments that include 300+ databases (7+ TBs).
- Providing 24x7 dedicated production support for SQL Server problem resolution and server outages.
- Responsible for a large scale of database migration from SQL server to SQL Azure
- Maintain both Azure SQL Database and SQL server on Azure Virtual Machines(VMs)
- Responsible for a large scale of database migration from SQL server 2008\2008R2 to SQL server 2012, SQL server 2014 and SQL server 2016.
- Responsible for Creating T-SQL, stored procedures, tables, views, functions, triggers and indexes.
- Used PowerShell script for SQL Server Maintenance activities
- Involved in database and log backups and restoration, planning backup strategies, and scheduling.
- Involved in developing & Deploying SSIS packages & SSRS Reports.
- Implemented Database mirroring for High Availability.
- Always-On Availability Groups (AAG) and High Availability /DR Setup and Configuration.
- Backing up master & system databases and restoring them when necessary.
- Rebuilding the Indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Verify backups and error logs on the servers and troubleshoot any failures or alert problems, and open trouble tickets if necessary to work with technicians from other departments.
- Responsible for Installing, configuring and maintaining SQL Fail over clustering
- Involved in creating Logical & Physical Database Design using data model tool Erwin.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining Transactional, Snapshot and Merge replication in production environments.
- Involve in Change Management/Incident Management Process and using Remedy tool notify requests and open new requests and update all records in work history.
- Using third party tool Red Gate, ensuring all the databases are backing up on the regular basis and then restoring this database on requests.
- Involved in improving database performance using SQL Profiler, Trace Flags, Execution plan and Index Tuning Wizards.
- Monitoring and Tuning SQL Server - Managing Messages, System Monitor, Setting Trace Flags, Setting up Job Notifications and Capacity Planning and Sizing.
- Using third party tool Idera, monitor all the servers and their jobs in a single Management Console.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Supporting database servers of production, development, test & training environments
- Administering, Installing, configuring SQL 2005\2008R2\2012\2014 database servers on Clusters
- Worked with Windows and SQL server PowerShell using SMO, sqlcmd and sqlps.
- Created standard operation procedures (SOP) for initial database shell creations for specific customer package builds.
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS troubleshooting, performance tuning.
- Migrating production, development servers between windows servers
- Worked on Data Compression for helping Capacity planning projects
- Securing SQL Server via Managing Logins, users and object level permissions. Configuring and Optimizing SQL Server Agent, Managing all maintenance Jobs and Deploying.
- Monitoring and administering Replication, database Mirroring & Log Shipping
- Applying Service packs and Hotfixes on all production/dev/test/training Sql instances
- Administering and managing Terabyte databases on production and test environments
- Implemented SQL Server 2012\2014 Always-On with four replicas
- Performing and tracking regular production databases & transaction log backups
- Migrating/upgrading production Sql instances to different windows 2003\2008\2012 servers
- Performing maintenance activities & monitoring database space usages
- Automating and scheduling SQL jobs on all production servers
- Monitoring all servers, agents, Critical Jobs completion & tracking results
- Working with windows admins, Storage group, data centre engineers & network administrators
- Working, planning and performing DR (Disaster Recovery) tests with SunGard
- Performing database restores for multiple development groups and business teams.
- Working with installation, configuration and creation of SSRS.
Confidential, Peabody, MA
SQL Server DBA
- Responsible for Installing and configuring SQL Server 2005 and 2008, 2008R2 and SQL server 2012
- Worked with SQL DBA team and SQL Developers to optimize the SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Installed and configured SQL server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS), created user roles, managed security built reports and deployed them to production. Worked with configured SSRS to monitor all jobs on daily basis, fixed the failed jobs and re-ran them.
- Provided 24 X 7 dedicated supports to hundred and eight Production, development and clustered servers.
- Implementing Database Mirroring using high safety with automatic failover for Disaster Recovery.
- Developed the metrics and trending processes for SQL database sizing and growth.
- Daily monitoring of two-node active-passive SQL cluster in a host environment.
- Applied service packs and security fixes for all SQL Servers, and provided database administration support.
- Involved in upgrading from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008\2012
- Performed the database backups for production, test and development environments.
- Created the backup and restore strategy for the all three environments.
- Worked with the database optimization, Performance tuning and index tuning for optimization of queries.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
SQL Server DBA
- Installing and configuring SQL Servers 2008r2 applying service packs and patches.
- Created database maintenance plan for SQL Server backups, optimization, integrity check and transaction log backups.
- Created checklists for proper install of SQL Server, applied service packs and security fix. .
- Configured and maintained transactional and Snapshot replication for 3 environments.
- Worked with SQL Disaster Recovery (DR) processes and documented those processes.
- Worked with capacity planning, database sizing and monitoring.
- Improved SQL Server performance using the Windows performance monitor.
- Worked on user administration and responsible for upgrading project from SQL Server 2005 to SQL server 2008/2008R2
- Worked with application team to test the successful upgrade.
- Maintain Operators, Categories, Alerts, Notifications, Jobs, Job Steps and Schedules.
- Installed and configured SQL Server Analysis services (SSAS) for data warehousing projects.
- Responsible for Logical & Physical database designing, implementing and Data Modeling.
- Involved in upgrading from Server 2000 to SQL server 2005 and from SQL 2005 to SQL server 2008\2008R2
- Responsible for monitoring the progress of a SSIS packages and logging progress to a text file, SQL Tables and windows event log.
- Worked on database user administration and granted required privileges to users.
- Performed performance analysis using CPU, I/O and memory counters using performance monitors.
- Configured and maintained the Transactional replication between the production environments.
- Involved in maintaining database with maximum database availability, resolve any database issues.
- Created the BCP scripts file to export the data from text files to SQL Servers.
- Worked with tuning and configuration of production and development database servers.
- Created the stored procedures, views and scripts for application development.
- Experienced with Confidential commands, to check physical and logical consistency of the databases.