- Over 8+ years of Professional IT experience, which includes MSSQL in Database Administration & Development, System Analysis, Design, Security and Support of MS SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, 2005, 2000 in Production (24x7), Testing, Development, Replication & Cluster Server Environments.
- Experience in SQL server versions MSSQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014,2016.
- Experience in configuring & administering the standby servers through Log shipping and mirroring.
- Installing, configuring, administering of MSSQL server and securing production servers.
- Perform and oversee day - to-day database activities related to check SQL server error logs, backups, restores, integrity checks, optimizations, refreshing re indexing, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Basic administration experience on the postgre SQL database.
- Develop, establish and maintain overall database standards, processes related documentation and workflows necessary for production using DTS packages, stored procedures, batch jobs and system reports.
- Using T-SQL for creating databases, tables, stored procedures, triggers, indices and other objects within the databases based on requirements from developers.
- Management of Database Space, Growth Monitoring of Data & Transaction log files.
- Experience in Batch processes, Import, Export, Backup, Database Monitoring tools and Application support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to database integrity, database performance (deadlock, locking, blocking, etc.,) server performance (CPU, memory, I/O).
- Experience & Responsible for multiple migrations and upgrades (In place and side by side) from SQL Server 2000\2005 to SQL Server 2008\2008 R2\2012\2014,2016
- Experience in Migrating Database to AWS and Azure Cloud.
- Experience in configuring backup strategy and in case of database failure, to recovery the database point in time.
- Monitoring Event Viewer, SQL Error logs and Log File Viewer for Software and hardware related errors.
- 24 X 7 Production Database On-Call Support following the escalation matrix. Supporting the team in high priority issues.
- Extensively worked on Dynamic Management views (DMVs) and Dynamic Management Functions (DMFs).
- Created maintenance plans to perform Index De-Fragmentation, Re-Indexing and update the Index Statistics.
- Experience in Database Security and Management.
- Experience in Service Packs, Security Patches & Hot fixes install and management (schedule-install).
- Experience in Configuring and Maintaining Database Mirroring and Database Snapshots.
- Responsible for installing, configuring SQL server cluster and troubleshooting issues with SQL Cluster.
- Extensively involved in Replication and implemented Snapshot, Merge and Transactional Replications .
- Configured always on for providing AlwaysOn high availability (HADR) in both synchronous and Asynchronous modes as per application requirements.
- BCP out and BCP in of tables from one Database to another.
RDBMS: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 r 2/2012/2014/2016, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows server 2000/2003/2008/2008 r2/2012/2012r2, HP-Unix, Linux, Solaris.
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C#
Ticketing Tools: Service Now, IBM BMC Remedy and JIRA.
Hardware/Storage: SAN and NAS, VERITAS NetBackup7.0, NetApp, HP 3PAR
Tools: SQL Server management studio(SSMS), SQL Server Configuration Manager, SQL Server Profiler, Import & Export Wizard, Interactive SQL.
DWH / BI Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
Sr. SQL Server DBA
Confidential, Melbourne, FL
- Install, configure and deploy MS SQL Server. Perform capacity planning, performance turning, monitoring, troubleshooting and optimization of the databases.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Perform SQL administrative tasks including installing and upgrading SQL server products, creating maintenance plans, and creating database objects
- Provides database assistance and problem support to application developers, business analysts and business users
- Provides technical assistance and mentoring for staff for developing conceptual and logical database design and the physical database
- Help developers improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
- Standardize and manage Database Administrator procedures for monitoring database performance, testing, archiving, and optimizing
- Automation of Backup and Recovery of Databases using PowerShell scripts to move S3 Buckets.
- Hands-On Replication set-up and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases. This involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Power Shell, SQL Agent, MS Azure, SQL Profiler, Windows 2012 R2/2008/2003 server, Visual Studio 2008/2012, MS Visual Studio 2012.
SQL Server DBA/ Developer
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Build new SQL Servers and updated with latest service packs and cumulative patches (hot fixes) for SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 .
- Building new SQL Servers in multi node cluster environments VMware/ Physical environments.
- Troubleshooting the Disk failures in a Cluster Environment.
- Configured and Managing AlwaysOn High Availability on 3 node cluster environment.
- Migrated SQL Server 2008R2 databases to SQL server 2014 by using Backup-Restore and Management Studio Wizards and custom scripts.
- Created new database objects like Tables, Procedures, Functions, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment.
- Prepared Documentation for the Disaster Recovery plan.
- Managing Databases spread across multiple servers in Production, Development, staging & testing environments.
- Created complex stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Tables using T-SQL.
- Troubleshoot Performance issues causing Application slow.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server.
- Hands-On monitoring SQL Servers using SQL Sentry.
- Monitor Database consistency and health using DBCC Commands and DMVS.
- Ensure all database environments (Development, QA, UAT and Production) are in sync (DB Refresh when requested).
- Created Linked servers for distributed queries.
- Hands-On Replication set-up and troubleshooting.
- Created and deployed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Used SSIS to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for application, and to import data from other sources to SQL databases.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Power Shell, SQL Agent, MS Azure, SQL Profiler, Red Gate, Windows 2012 R2/2008/2003 server, Visual Studio 2008/2012, MS Visual Studio 2012.
Confidential, Lake Mary, FL
- Performed the physical database analysis and feasibility requirements. This involves the performance, security, archival, maintenance, and recovery requirements.
- Responsible for supporting 24x7 over 120 production sql servers, over 600 databases, average sizes of the databases are 100GB-17 TB.
- Migrating the databases and other database objects from SQL server 2000, 2014,2016.
- Supporting the projects during the UAT, SAT and troubleshooting the data issues from database end.
- Using ticketing tools like remedy and Service Now to support day to day activities.
- Helped with performance tuning for batch job delays and long running queries during the SAT and UAT testing. Applied patches and service packs to keep the database at current patch level.
- Responsible for backup, restoration, maintenance plans and databases security.
- Developed SSIS package to copy the data from other sources.
- Performed regular Database Maintenance task, checking the disk Defrag procedures in Development environment.
- Involved in Installation of SQL Server with Multiple instances, Service packs and Hot Fixes.
- Worked on the space issues because of Transaction log growth as well as data file growth.
- Configured Disaster Recovery solution using Log Shipping . Setup for Snapshot and Transactional Replication between Servers, troubleshoot and monitor Publishers, Distributors, and Subscribers.
- Used Index Tuning Advisor for Database performance for proper indexes.
- Involved in upgrading of existing Servers from SQL Server 2005/2008 to SQL Server 2012/2014/2016.
- Implementing Load Balancing Replication across the Databases.
- Performed Database Refresh tasks from Production to Development and Staging Servers.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of the SQL Server for Web based Production and Development environments.
- Documented the security standards and roles depending on Development, and Production environments.
- Resolved the issue of mission critical of high usage of system CPU, Disk, Deadlocks issue and Transaction per/sec, Memory involved in performance monitoring of Memory, Processor, Disk I/O.
- Day to day activities include providing Database support and troubleshooting of issues like Connectivity, Memory issues, Query performance, Server related, Auto jobs failures.
- Database support involves SQL server and Oracle databases of different versions.
- Creating user logins and adding users to databases aliases and allotting roles to users.
- Configuring Adaptive Server to achieve the best performance tuning, monitoring the server activity, Writing stored procedure, Replication & scheduling activities and all other database activities.
- Automation of Backup and Recovery of Databases using UNIX scripts.
- Automate DBCC maintenance activities on Databases, Tuning of Server by setting Configuration parameters.
Sr. SQL Server DBA
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Regular DATABASE BACKUP monitoring and reporting. Recovering the databases from backups in disaster.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Sql Server Cluster servers.
- Monitoring SQL Server performance using SQL PROFILER to find deadlocks and blocking. Utilizing the traces for tuning the performance (advisor).
- Maintaining the database consistency with DBCC at regular intervals.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Transactional Replication.
- Experience in using SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Migrated SQL server 2005/2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012 on Microsoft Windows Server 2012.
- Created, implemented and deployed SSIS, SSRS and SSAS packages.
- Troubleshoot system issues, monitored scheduled jobs and setting up maintenance plans for proactively monitoring the performance of SQL Server databases.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting performance issue using Foglight performance Analysis.
- Installed and administered two-Node cluster Active/Passive on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition on SAN environment
- Run database scripts in the databases ad hoc basis that comes from QC
- Generating weekly and Monthly reports as customer needed.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SVN tortoise, Windows 2003/2008 R2/2012.
SQL Server DBA
- Successfully upgraded SQL Server 2008 R2 that resembles the production configuration.
- Involved in creating SQL Server login IDs, database IDs, assigning permissions, and moving security between servers.
- Applied patches and service packs to keep the database at current patch level.
- Recommended Disk Capacity, Processors and Memory based on the Capacity planning.
- Installed Netbackup SQL agent for dedicated tape device for SQL Server so that resources would be Idle unless SQL server performing a backup/restore.
- Involved in the Conversion of the legacy systems data into MS SQL server using SSIS packages.
- Proactively handled complex server-class activities across various platforms and environments and provided resolutions for intermediate to complex database/reporting issues.
- Created Databases on production servers and database objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functions.
- Periodically involved in executing ETL process on Oracle databases.
- Implemented database standards and naming convention for the database objects.
- Maintained all the SQL documents including installation and data conversion procedures documents.
Environment: Databases: SQL Server 2008 / SQL 2008 R2, Oracle 9i & 10g, Windows Server, IIS 5.0/6.0
Jr. SQL Server DBA
- Installed SQL server 2008 on windows 2003 advanced servers, applied security fixes.
- Installed and Configured MS SQL Server 2008 R2, responsible for configuration, tuning and provide support to all Production and development servers.
- Part of Side by side migration of servers from SQL Server .
- Responsible of handling the P1/P2/P3 Incident tickets escalated from L1 (SOC).
- Maintained database response times in 24X7 Production environments, proactively generated performance reports. Automating most of the DBA Tasks and monitoring stats.
- Setting up Automatic/Forced fail over using Database Mirroring for mission critical production databases during patch upgrades, performance troubleshooting, and unexpected disasters.
- Planning and implementation of database backup/restore and disaster recovery.
- Analyzing business requirements and build logical data models that describe all the data and relationships between the data.
- Responsible for defining Check constraints, Business Rules, tuning data, indexes, and queries.
- Configuring and administering Database Mirroring, Log Shipping on SQL Server 2008R2
- Developing SQL scripts for maintaining administration tasks.
- Designed and implemented a disaster recovery system.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Transactional replication and log shipping as per requirement.
- Implemented MS SQL Server security policies and granted object level permissions.
- Managing Security of SQL Server Databases by creating Database Users, Roles and assigning proper permissions according to the business requirements
- Planning, Configuration and Monitoring of Log shipping. Performed Role Reversal of Primary and Secondary servers of the log shipped database.
- Performed all aspects of database administration, including data modeling, backups and recovery.
- Configured Replication between Primary Server and three Read-Only servers, with separate Distributor server and experience in troubleshooting replication problems.
- Prepared the reports for the day-to-day as well as weekly/monthly purposes.
- Performance Monitoring of MS SQL Server 2000/2008.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, 2005, Log shipping, Mirroring, Migration.