- Overall 5 years of IT Experience with SQL server Developer, Database and Business Intelligence Technologies with expertise on ETL process and Reporting using SQL Server 2012/2008/2005, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS .
- Experienced in Installing, Upgrading and Configuring Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 .
- Experienced in client requirement Analysis, Physical, Logical design, development (using Erwin, normalization and SQL Server Enterprise manager), Resource Planning, Coding, Debugging, Testing, Deployment, Support and Maintenance of business applications using SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, DTS, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS 2005/2008.
- Expert in TSQL DDL/DML , perform most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management Studio functionality using T - SQL Scripts and Batches.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple tables inner and outer joins.
- Experience in optimizing the queries by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Experience in Creating Tables, Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and other T- SQL statements for various applications.
- Excellent in Data Extraction , Transforming and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) , DTS, Bulk Insert, BCP.
- Expert in design and development of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and using various control flow task and data flow transformation.
- Excellent in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Expert in creating various type of reports such as Complex drill down & drill through reports, Matrix reports, Sub reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) based on Relational and OLAP databases.
- Expert in designing complex reports like reports using Cascading parameters, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports and Report Models and adhoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) based on client requirement.
Programming skills: C, C#, DotNet, MSSQL, PL/SQL.
Databases: SQL Server 2005/08, MSSQL.
Development Tools: Visual Studio.NET 2005/08/10/12, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
Web Servers: IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0, Apache, Tomcat.
Source Control: Team Foundation Service (TFS).
Reporting Tools: SAP Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services
Modeling Tools: ERWIN, SSAS
Operating Systems: Server 2003/2008/2012, Windows 97/XP/Vista/7/8, UNIX/LINUX.
Confidential - Norfolk, VA
SQL, SSIS, SSRS Developer
- Create Entity Relationship (ER) Diagrams to the proposed database
- Create database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, Triggers etc.
- Develop reports in SQL Server Reporting Services. Design, Develop and Deploy SSIS Packages.
- Monitor industry trends and identify emerging technologies that should be adopted.
- Develop and maintain BI strategy. Monitor business use and performance of the BI and provide feedback to BI architects, developers, metadata manager, and database administrators.
- Develop, manage, schedule and document BI operations and tasks, including extraction, movement, loading, archival, security, backup and aggregate table creation.
- Create new SSIS package to extract date from legacy to SQL Server Objects using Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) and Visual studio 2008.
- Developed SSIS Templates which can be used to develop SSIS Packages such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Dev, Test and Production Environments.
- Generated reports using SSRS, Excel (Pivot) that could be used to send information to diverse group of users, clients, and managers. Responsible for creating the reports basing on the requirements using SSRS 2008 .
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
- Wrote queries for drill down reports to get the dataset required to build the report. Identified and included report parameters for parameterized report. Formatted the reports using Global variables and expressions. Deployed generated reports onto the Report Server to access it through browser.
Confidential - Auburn Hills, MI
MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS Developer
- Developed Logical and physical data model using ERWIN and mapped the data into database objects.
- Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, TSQL Scripting for complex business logic.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Optimized the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Increased the performance necessary for statistical reporting by 25% after performance monitoring, tuning and optimizing indexes.
- Created Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of Scheduled Jobs.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Used SSIS to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Created SSIS packages to load data into Data Warehouse using Various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, bulk insert task, data flow task, file system task, send mail task, active script task, xml task.
- Created SSIS Packages to export and import data from CSV files, Text files and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Designed and developed matrix and tabular reports with drill down, drill through and drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Created Ad-Hoc Reports, Summary Reports, Sub Reports, and Drill-down Reports using SSRS.
- Scheduled reports for daily, weekly, monthly reports for executives, Business analyst and customer representatives for various categories and regions based on business needs using SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS).
- Problem identification, troubleshooting, resolution, and index tuning databases.
- Taking Database Full Backup, Transaction log backup & differential backup in daily Routine.
- Created Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of scheduled Jobs.
- Diagnosing and tuning the server optimal performance using SQL Server 2008 SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Wizards.
ETL\ SQL\ ASP.NET Developer
- Actively participated in interaction with users, team lead, DBAs and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Wrote several SQL Scripts such us finding tables that have Identity Columns, finding tables that do not have primary key.
- Used Joins, correlated and non correlated sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables from different databases and implemented triggers and stored procedures and enforced business rules via checks and constraints.
- Created indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analyses in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Reduced the T-SQL overhead successfully by avoiding unnecessary use of The UNION, statement & using the TOP operator to limit the Select Statement in certain Queries.
- Created views to restrict access to data in a table for security.
- Used complex expressions to Calculate, Group, Filter, Parameterize, and Format the contents of the report.
- Involved in Report Design and Coding for Standard Tabular type reports, including Drill down and Drill through functionality and Graphical presentations such as Charts and Dashboard type metrics using SSRS
- Created Cross-Tab and Sub-Report using RDL and promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically.
- Worked on querying data and creating on-demand reports using Report Builder in SSRS reports and send the reports via email.
- Integrated ASP.Net Web Pages to the SQL Server 2008 Back End.
- Designed and developed database solutions based on functional requirements.
- Web module development and deployment using ASP.net MVC3.0 with jQuery.
- Made integration with file server from web code to write attachments on a file server.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and Union all; Scheduled and maintained nightly and weekly loads of data by creating the corresponding job tasks.
- Enhanced performance using optimization techniques-normalization, indexing and Transaction Isolation levels, monitoring logs to ensure the completeness of batch processes and scripts.