- Microsoft SQL DBA Professional with over six years of experience as MSSQL Database Administrator. I managed both production and non - production environments in multiple organizations.
- I have proven track record of problem solving skills and good team player with a sharp learning curve for new technologies. I also have excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016
- Windows Server 2003R2/2008/2012R2/2012
- Installation and configuration
- SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- High availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR)
- Always ON, Replication, Log shipping
- Performance and Troubleshooting
- Hardware: SAN, NAS, RAID
- Transact SQL (T-SQL)
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
SQL Server DBA
- Installed, configured and administered SQL Server 2014/2016 environments.
- Installed, maintained & monitored production SQL servers and making sure they are up-to-date with latest rollup hotfix and service packs.
- Installed and configured windows server 2016 failover clustering Active/Passive and configured Always-ON for High availability and (DR) disaster recovery solutions.
- Designed and Implemented log shipping, mirroring, replication from primary site to the secondary site to support mission critical applications and offload queries.
- Migrated multiple databases\SSIS packages\SSRS reports\SSAS cubes between different SQL versions 2014\2012\2008R in both in In-place and Side-by-Side migration methods.
- Moved several existing production databases, jobs, packages, reports, linked server, logins and other computer objects to new versions of SQL server.
- Worked on performance tuning, optimization of stored procedures and queries.
- Monitoring & Managing the Table spaces and data files growth. Analyzing Tables & Schemas, collecting system statistics and rebuilding indexes.
- Responsible for database Maintenance tasks such as index fragmentation, DBCC operations, monitoring performance and optimizing queries for maximum efficiency.
- Automated database refresh from production to test using custom scripts.
- Set up linked servers between SQL servers, DB2 and oracle data sources.
- Created databases, Logins, Roles and granted appropriate permissions.
- Worked with out of state team on pending issues and coordinating migration project activities to meet the project deadlines.
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages and SSRS Reports.
- Managed windows and SQL database users\groups accounts using Active Directory.
- Handling day to day support tickets and development and production issues.
- 24 X 7 Production on Call Support and performed other duties as needed.
Environment: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2\20 bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2005\2008\2012\2014/2016, Profiler, Jabber, Alexsys, AppDynamics, VMware, SharePoint, perfmon, Compass.
Confidential, Kansas City, KS
SQL Server DBA
- Actively participated in gathering Business Requirements and System Specification from users.
- Day to day database maintenance operations, SQL server database backup-restore point in time recovery, job scheduling in a real time production and Stage environments.
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring and failover and send (automate) daily status report and confirm that the database is up and running as expected.
- Partition of the tables, Index to improve the performance, estimated the table space to hold the ETL process and bulk data flow from source to target.
- Fine tuning of database objects and server to ensure efficient data retrieval.
- Involved in performance tuning, optimization of stored procedures and queries.
- Troubleshoot database performance issues and tune database objects by using traces and profiler.
- Worked with production change management and change control procedure.
- Developed various T-SQL stored procedures & functions for data validation process.
- Created and maintained various databases for Production, Development and Testing using SQL Server and planning the location of data, index, and Transaction log files on the disk.
- Supported Development team in deploying and testing the application.
- Provided 24*7 on call support
Environment: Windows server 2005\2008 R2\2012, SQL server 2008R2\2012\2014, Lync skype, SQL Sentry, Solar Winds, Data domain, WebEx, Service Now Ticketing
Confidential, Richmond, VA
SQL Server DB A
- Worked extensively on installation and configuration of SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2012.
- Migrated SQL Server 2008R2 databases to 2012 by using Backup-Restore and Detach-Attach.
- Worked with database tuning advisor, SQL server profiler, Performance counters and activity monitor for Performance tuning.
- Extensively worked on full, differential and transactional log backups, and Verification of the Backups/Recovery to ensure the business’ Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Worked on tables, views and wrote complex Store procedures and triggers.
- Configured Log shipping, mirroring, replication, clustering and Always on Availability Groups.
- Managed point in time recovery of the production databases and SQL server locking and blocking.
- Undertook automation of daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance tasks such as database backup, indexes, cleanup tasks and scheduled jobs.
- Excellent experience in creating Indexes, Indexed Views in observing business rules and creating effective Functions and appropriate Triggers to assist efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Maintained Security by managing Logins, Users and Role and the permission for different SQL Server objects under the security principle of Least Privilege (PLP).
- Exported and imported data from text files and excel to SQL Server using bulk copy insert and BCP utility.
- Undertook running DBCC consistency check, and fixing data corruption in different databases.
- Coordinated with the development team concerning tuning the SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Environment: Windows 2003/2008R2/2012, SQL Server 2008 R2/2008/2005 Enterprise Edition, Clustering, SharePoint, OLTP & OLAP, Microsoft Azure, Report builder2.0, Spotlight, Erwin,ETL, SSRS.Idera, Solarwinds Orion.