- Around 6 years of experience in IT industry as a SQL Server Developer with specialized skills in SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- About 2 years of Exclusive Experience in AB Initio (GDE, Co>operating system).
- Expert in MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2005 and Business intelligence (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Highly proficient in the use of T - SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, Views, Indexes, User profiles query writing and SQL joins.
- Solid knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Data Warehouse Concepts, OLTP and OLAP and experience with Working on SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Data Analysis, Data Cleansing/Data Scrubbing and Data Migration.
- Good knowledge of Normalization/De-normalization, data design methodology and building Referential Integrity
- Experience in Error handling, Debugging, error logging for production support in SSIS.
- Used Try catch and @@error for exceptional handling.
- Experienced in creating complex SSIS and DTS packages for ETL purposes. Implemented complicated Transformations to be used in SSIS packages.
- Used DTS/Integration services (SSIS) to migrate data from one system to another and performed several transformations to ensure data integrity and validity.
- Experience in building Data Integration, Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
- Worked heavily on testing various Data warehouse ETL process with tools includes Informatica, Data Stage, AB Initio, SSIS as well as many reports developed used various BI tools includes Business Objects, Congo's, Micro strategy, OBIEE, SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Worked with ODS (Operational Data Source), Data validation and cleansing process using AB Initio.
- Hands on experience in end-to-end of Data warehousing ETL routines, which includes developing AB Initio graphs, stress testing, and data quality process.
- Experience in various AB Initio parallelism techniques and implemented AB Initio Graphs using Data parallelism and MFS techniques.
- Good Exposure to Dimensional Modeling, Star Schema, SSAS, MDX, Crystal Reports, Informatica Power Center
- Experience in using tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Hands on experience with performing various SSIS data transformation tasks like Look-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Conditional Splits and Event Handlers, Error Handlers etc.
- Experience in developing Dashboard, Ad-hoc and Parameterized Reports, Create complex reports (ex: drill down reports using different objects) using SSRS.
- Experience in .NET/C# application development environment to use SQL Server Databases.
- Experience in Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, Logging.
- Involved in creating MDX queries with OLEDB.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Log Shipping, DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Created, Built and deployed successfully dynamic SSIS packages into SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 Databases and scheduled them according to requirements.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages to automate the Import and Export of data to and from SQL Server 2005 using SSIS tools like Import and Export Wizard, Package Installation and BIDS.
- Extensive experience in report generation using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) from both relational databases and OLAP cubes.
- Experience in developing various kind of reports like Cascading parameters, Drill down, Drill through, Sub Reports and Charts.
- Created and Executed the Stored Procedures and Complex Queries for Reports.
- Experience in working with SSAS in creating cubes, data source views, named queries, dimensions and deploying of analysis services projects
- Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Experienced in writing expressions and fine tuning reports. Created many Drills through, Sub, Parameterized and Drill Down reports using SSRS.
- Developed OLAP Cubes by using SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS
- Designed complex SSAS solutions using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups and KPIs to analyze performance of Strategic Business Units as well as corporate centers
- Developed data interface layer using ASP.NET and C# for data access.
Relational Databases: SQL Server 2012/2010/2008 R2/2005/2000, MS Access.
Tools and Packages: SQL Server Management studio, SSIS, SSRS, DTS, Microsoft Visual Source Safe and SQL Query Editor, Power Pivot.
Languages: T-SQL, HTML, XML,SQL,C, VB.Net, ASP.Net
Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT/2000/XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, UNIX, LINUX
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XSL, IIS(4.0/5.0/6/0)
Application Packages: MS Office, MS Outlook (Microsoft Office Suite)
Confidential, Allendale, NJ
SQL Server Developer
- Worked on Full life cycle development (SDLC) involving in all stages of development.
- Created Database Objects - Schemas, Tables, Indexes, Views, Stored Procedure, Constraints and Roles.
- Designed and Developed Custom reports/files for client requirements in AB Initio .
- Extensively used AB Initio ETL tool in designing & implementing Extract Transformation & Load processes.
- Different AB Initio components were used effectively to develop and maintain the database.
- Used various transformations like Derived Column, Data Conversion, Condition Split, Lookup etc.; in SSIS to load data from Flat files, Excel and XML files to SQL Databases.
- Designed and developed data load jobs using SSIS package and scheduled using SQL Agent.
- Translated business requirements into working logical and physical data models for Staging, Operational Data Store and Data marts applications.
- Created and maintained Logical & Physical Data Models for the project. Included documentation of all entities, attributes, data relationships, primary and foreign key structures, allowed values, codes, business rules, glossary terms, etc.
- Created Model reports including Data Dictionary, Business reports
- Migrated legacy data from MS Access and Oracle database into SQL Server 2014 using SSIS Packages in SQL Server Data Tools.
- Created SSIS packages (.dtsx files) using SSIS to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases and data mart databases.
- Extensively worked with SSIS tool suite, designed and created mappings using various SSIS transformations like OLEDB Command, Conditional Split, Aggregator, Merge, Union all, Script Component Data Conversion and Derived Column.
- Installed SQL server 2012 for SCCM Database configuration.
- Creation of collections, packages, advertisements, queries, reporting, testing and troubleshooting packages, monitoring advertisement status, and SCCM Software Updates.
- Performed Error Handling mechanism one using the MaximumErrorCount properties, propagate system variable, using Stored procedure & logged errors in error Table.
- Used SSIS packages to roll our data to OLTP Tables and to Processing Database.
- Configured the SSIS Package for run time in different environments using Package and Project Parameters.
- Designed SSIS Packages to extract, transfer, load (ETL) existing data into SQL Server from different environments for the SSAS cubes.
- Scheduled SQL jobs to run SSIS packages on a daily, weekly, monthly basis using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Developed database objects such as SSIS Packages, Tables, Triggers, and Indexes using T-SQL (DDL and DML), SQL Analyzer and Enterprise Manager.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Wrote stored procedures and User Define Scalar Functions (UDFs) to be used in the SSIS packages and SQL scripts.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Developed tabular queries for efficient analysis of report using Pivot/Un pivot in T-SQL.
- Improved performance of SQL Server Queries and Stored Procedures using Execution plan and Profiler
Environment: MS SQL Server Management Studio 2014, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, TFS, Visual studio Data Tools 2015, PL/SQL, 2013&2012 and Visual studio 2015, 2012,DATA stage,AB Initio GDE 3.1.3, SCCM 2007,2012, Informatica 8.6/9.1
SQL Server Developer
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Created numerous efficient Stored Procedures to perform data cleansing and loading task when data is loaded into staging area.
- Used advanced features of T-SQL in order to design and tune T-SQL to interface with the Database and other applications in the most efficient manner and created stored Procedures for the business logic using T-SQL.
- Developed ETL code based on Business requirements using various AB Initio components.
- Used AB Initio Components like Sort, Partition, Rollups, Reformat and Merge to build complex graphs.
- Improved performance of AB Initio graphs by using various AB Initio performance techniques like using lookups in memory joins and rollups to speed up various AB Initio graphs.
- Carried the performance tuning on the AB Initio graphs to reduce the process time.
- Used ETL tools to extract data from source systems, loaded the data into Oracle database.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008 as SSIS Packages.
- Created efficient, robust SSIS packages for data movement and loading with error checking and well documented code.
- Created SSIS packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases.
- Used DTS/SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed action in XML.
- Extensively worked with SSIS tool suite, designed and created mappings using various SSIS transformations like OLEDB Command, Conditional Split, Lookup, Aggregator, Multicast and Derived Column.
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer data from various sources like Oracle, text files, XML Files, SQL Server, Excel and Access to SQL Server.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Extensive work on SSIS creating all the interfaces between front end application and SQL Server 2012 database, then from legacy database to SQL Server Database and vice versa
- Involved in performing Audits and recovery operations of SSAS objects.
- Wrote stored procedures and User Defined Scalar Functions (UDFs) to be used in the SSIS packages and SQL scripts.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse and data marts
- Deployed SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Tested, Cleaned and Standardized Data meeting the business standards using Fuzzy/exact lookups using SSIS tasks.
- Used DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for the creation of calculations and measures in the Tabular Models.
- Data management and data processing solutions using SSIS, this includes Error Handling and Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Created Time Dimensions on OLAP Cubes using SSAS.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Experience in creating Multidimensional cubes using SSAS and designing DW schemas.
- Enhanced the functionality of OLAP Cube by creating KPI, Actions and Perspective from huge dataset using SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services (SSAS).
Environment: MS SQL Server Management Studio 2008, 2012, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Visual source Safe, Java, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), AB Initio GDE 3.1.3.
SQL Server Developer
- Developed complex programs in T-SQL, writing Stored Procedures, Triggers and Queries with best execution plan.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Created User Defined Functions (UDF’s) to encapsulate frequently and commonly used business logic making the system more modular, secured and extensible.
- Optimizing Stored Procedures and long running queries using indexing strategies and query-optimization techniques.
- Created Grouping, Sorting columns and writing expressions according to the business requirements.
- Conducted database management, performance measurement and performance tuning for new databases and existing databases by using SQL Profiler, Data Engine Tuning Advisor and index tuning wizard.
- Modified the existing SSIS packages to meet the changes specified by the users.
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each Package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Developed, deployed and monitored MS SQL Integration Services Packages SSIS.
- Created SSIS packages (.dtsx files) using SSIS to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases and data mart databases in BIDS.
- Created complex stored procedures, triggers and user defined functions using joins to apply business rules to data imported using SSIS packages.
- Deployed SSIS packages from Dev/Staging/Prod using SQL Server table configurations.
- Implemented logging and error handling in SSIS using Event Handlers.
- Designed dynamic SSIS to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS and RDBMS.
- Extensively utilized SSIS packages functionality to create complete ETL Process using scripts, stored procedure, Functions and Transformation of Data in BIDS.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Drill-through, Drill-down, Cross Tab Reports and Sub-Report using RDL.
- Deployed and uploaded the SSRS reports to SharePoint Server for the end users to look at them.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS Share point, Management Studio 2005/2008, PL/SQL.
SQL Server Developer
- Designed T-SQL scripts to identify long running queries and blocking sessions
- Writing and Debugging T-SQL, stored procedures, Views and User Defined Functions
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
- Error handling using Try-Catch Block
- Normalization and De-Normalization of tables
- Developed Backup and Restore scripts for SQL Server 2005
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2005 with latest service packs.
- Created database objects like tables, views, indexes, stored-procedures, triggers, and user defined functions
- Written T-SQL queries for the retrieval of the data.
- Developed administrative tasks of SQL Server of performing daily Backups and Recovery procedures.
- Worked with the developing team in the Writing functions in Visual Basic 6.0 for Upload download functionality, Data transfer and migration.
Environment: SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, T-SQL, Enterprise manager, VBS, MS Office