- Over 5 years of experience as SQL Server Developer/DBA (2005, 2008, 2012,2014) in Production, Development and Staging Environments.
- Performed Installation, Upgrades, Patches, Configuration and Administration SQL Server Development & Production Environments.
- Involved in migration of database and SSIS Packages 2005/2008 to 2012 and troubleshoot migration issues
- Experience in Upgrading the database version from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 & SQL Server 2012
- Extensive experience in writing T - SQL as part of developing database schema & objects.
- Experience in Configuring and Maintaining Database Mirroring and Database Snapshots.
- Experience in Configure, Implement and Maintain HA solutions including Log Shipping, Transactional Replication and Mirroring in SQL Server 2008/2012 versions.
- Optimize T-SQL code for better performance of the queries without compromising the business requirements.
- Experience in BI Development and Deployment of DTS, SSIS packages from MS-Access, Excel sources
- Involved in Designing the backup and restore strategy based on database criticality with minimal RTO
- Expertise in Scheduling Database tasks - Jobs, Alerts, Emails and Notification.
- Experience in controlling the User Privileges, Monitoring the Security and Audit issues as per Standards.
- Knowledge in optimizing the database query performance using Activity Monitor, SQL Profiler and Database Tuning Advisory tool.
- Experience in solving Database issues with Index fragmentation, DBCC checks, Optimization of Query, Data Integrity, Index tuning, Update Statistics, Error and Event Handling
- Experience in Monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server performance using DBCC Commands, Dynamic Management Views (DMVs) and performance counters.
- Experienced in T-SQL programming tasks-Stored Procedures, Triggers and Cursors
- Knowledge in SDLC life cycle for Design, Development and Staging phases of the projects with support of Data-Flow, Process Models, E-R Diagrams.
- Involved in VLDB data migrations, transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS), and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert based on requirement.
- Provide on-Call Support for Production Database.
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Good knowledge in OOP’s concepts and Business Objects & Database analysis and database design experience using Erwin.
- Working knowledge of .Net Framework 3.5 (VB.Net), IIS 6.0
- Strong Communication & Management skills and Excellent Team player.
Databases: SQL SERVER 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014
O/S: Windows Server 2003/2008/XP/98
Programming Languages: T-SQL, VB 6.0, VB.Net, C#, VBScript
Web Technologies: Asp.Net, HTML, XML, IIS 6.0, Java Script
Tools: MS Visual Studio .Net 2003, Quest LiteSpeed 5.0/4.5,Toad for SQL Server, VERITAS Netback up, Erwin, BMC Portal
SQL Server Developer/ DBA
- As a team member I was part of SDLC in which we designing, coding and testing the application
- Interact with BA to collect the requirements and interrupt the user requirements to write in VB.NET language
- Developed ASP.net pages to meet the business requirements and also involved in requirements gathering
- Implemented input validation using the Java Script.
- Creating and maintaining user and technical documents
- Worked with the team for coding and handled coding of batch process operation
- Created the triggers, functions and stored procedures in SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 versions
- Implemented changes in coding and designs using knowledge of VB .NET
- Conducted release testing, bug verification and software testing
- Worked and enhanced the flow of internal applications like PRM (Public Relations Management) and Help Desk Support application.
- Involved in Creation of logins, Users as per Security standards and groups, roles, jobs, alerts and sending mail confirmation upon tasks. Performed Uploading of bulk data using BCP Utility
- Responsible for validating the T-SQL Queries for effective performance and coordinate with the application team
- Database support with Store Procedures, Cursors and Queries, monitoring the flow of Order Management by the Oracle Back-End support using TOAD tool.
- Performance tuning with application teams to isolate and resolve performance issues
- Implemented DB schema changes in SQL server 2014 as part of performance improvements.
- Involved in Creation of databases, writing queries, monitoring of execution plan for tracing the execution flow for critical throughput.
- Evaluated data storage considerations to store databases and transaction logs.
- Created databases using SQL Server enterprise manager, Database Wizard and Transact SQL Statements.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with the help of SSIS and also prepared ETL mapping processes and maintained the mapping documents
- Work closely with the application team on the Migration and Upgrade SQL Server version 2005 to SQL Server 2014.
Environment: VB.NET, C#, IIS, SQL Server 2005/2008, DTS, Import/Export tools