- Holding 5+ years experience as SQL Server DBA with focus on Database administration, design, Development, Security and Support of MS SQL Server 2014,2012,2008,2005,2000 and in production, Testing, Replication & Cluster server Environment.
- Extensive experience on both SQL Server Administration and T - SQL Application Development.
- Used SQL Indexes for improving query performance, low storage and maintenance cost.
- Hands-on working experience in installing, configuring, upgrading and managing SQL server.
- Expertise in installing and configuring SQL Server 2012 always on availability groups on windows servers.
- Hands on experience with High Availability & Disaster Recovery Solutions -log shipping, Mirroring, Replication (Snapshot & Transactional) and Clustering (Active-Passive and Active-Active).
- In-depth knowledge of T-SQL, MDX and XQUERY (XML).
- Strong working experience in Creating and maintaining of Databases, Roles and managing user permissions for database integrity.
- Strong database design/implementation skills and capacity planning.
- Experience in tuning, monitoring, maintaining & scheduling SQL Server Jobs, alerts and automating them.
- Experience in Monitoring and troubleshooting with help of Event viewer, SQL Error logs and Log File Viewer for resolving the production incidents to keep the system up and running.
- Experience with cross-platform database migration and database instance consolidation.
- Experience with database automation tasks using windows power shell script.
- Experience in production support of 160+ (SQL 2008 R2 and 2012) instances running on Windows 2008 servers.
- Experience with large volume data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) logic and tools.
- Expertise on Database creation and Specific hands on administering large and complex Databases like Monitoring file growths, adding database files.
- Administered, maintained, developed and implemented policies and procedures for ensuring the security and Integrity of the company database.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills along with can - do attitude.
- Easily adapt to new technologies at greater pace and fulfill the project goals and objectives.
Programming languages: SQL, T-SQL, Oracle, C, Java, Linux
Database Applications: SQL Server 2005, 2008 & 2008R2, Data Modeling, Clustering
IDE Tools: Eclipse 3.0/3.2,MyEclipse 5.x, Net Beans 6.0
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, SQL Server 2005, 2008 & 2008R2, Red Hat.
PROTOCOLS: HTTP, FTP, TCP/IP, SFTP
SQL SERVER DBA
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Managed SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/ 2012 and 2014 instances containing 4 TB of Data.
- Installed and administered two node Active/Active cluster on MS Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise database Servers.
- Implemented normalization principles, logical and physical modelling, database design principles, tuned queries, stored procedures, and provided production support.
- Implementing Disaster Recovery solutions like Transactional Replication and Clustering for high availability.
- Setting up proactive database monitoring using centralized tools like Idera Diagnostic Manager, Batch scripts, and jobs.
- Implemented Database Migration and upgraded databases from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL2014.
- Partitioned large tables into multiple file groups and compressed data using Row and Page level compression and switched out yearly partitions on a scheduled basis.
- Worked with Business Analysts and Users to understand the requirements.
- Worked extensively on installation, upgrade and configuration of MS SQL Server and MS SQL databases.
- Involved High-level Design document to provide an overview of the technical design specification system required for Application Enhancements.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, DTS (Data Transformation Service) packages, triggers, cursors, views.
- Configured the compatibility levels of the database and updated software, installed service packs, hot fixes in Clustered environment.
- Daily tasks included Troubleshooting performance tuning issues: dead locks, blocking, memory, I/O, disk and network bottlenecks, wait events and monitored space requirements, and file growth, and security issues, and fixed orphaned users, managed logins.
- Extracted large volumes of data from different data sources and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Worked in SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using VB scripts.
- Actively involved in change control Process using Remedy change tracking.
- Configured with checkpoints, package logging, error logging and event handling to redirect error rows and fix the errors in SSIS.
- Worked with SSIS Execute SQL task, script task using C#, data flow tasks, look up, conditional split, script component, row count, union all, multicast, derived column transformations.
- Backed up master & system databases and restoring them when necessary. Supported production environment.
- Point of contact for all Disaster Recovery tests and was extensively involved in the design.
- Developed Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Tabular Reports, Charts, and Drill down reports, using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Worked on querying data and creating on-demand reports using Report Builder, Report Rebuilding indexes with different fill factors and update statistics manually and developed automated scripts.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery with and without compression.
- Daily routine Developer/DBA tasks like handling user's permissions and space issues on Production and QA Servers and handling maintenance Jobs including backups and restores.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/ 2014, T-SQL, Analysis Services (SSAS)2008 R2, Report Builder 3.0, Integration Services (SSIS)2008 R2, .Net, C#, VB, SQLProfiler, Enterprise Manager, Windows 2003 Server OS.
SQL SERVER DBA
- Designed and implemented tables, functions, stored procedure and triggers in SQL Server 2005 and wrote the SQL queries, stored procedure, functions and views.
- Built data connection to the database using C#.
- Lead DBA in a project that migrated legacy applications to a three cluster, two node PeopleSoft environment.
- SQL Server 2005 and 2008 Installation along with SP3 and SP1 respectively.
- Responsible for managing web applications on windows 2008 environments by using IIS 7.0 and Windows 2008 servers. Also, develop and implement web applications using HTML, ASP and SQLServer stored procedures.
- Physical design and implementation SQL Server database.
- Extensively involved in database mirroring and tuned the SQL queries using SQL profiler. Also, Involved in tuning the database.
- Implementing Oracle obfuscation Data Masking for sensitive information including financial and privacy information and Database migration from Sybase to Oracle.
- Install Oracle database software for both database and client and assist in design and management of a SQL Server infrastructure to support 2500+ users for PeopleSoft.
- Manage more than 80 SQL instances (2000-2012) with a team of four DBA's .
- Maintain the integrity, availability, and recoverability of all production databases.
- Monitor and make recommendations for performance improvement that include reading execution plans, index creation, index removals, index modification, and index maintenance.
- Migrated SQL server 2008 to SQL Server 2008 R2 in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition.
- Designed and developed SQL statements and queries for SQL Server 2008 database.
- Migrated SSIS packages from SQL Server 2005 to SSIS 2008.
- Extensively worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Worked on SQL Server 2012 migration from SQL Server 2008/2005.
- Develop SSIS packages to help with ETL processes and to help with automating daily processes.
- Keep database documentation, including procedures and definitions for build standards.
Environment: Windows-2003 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server- 2008R2/2008/2005, Java, VB .Net, ASP.Net, I-Recorder, XML, E-trust audit.
SQL SERVER DBA
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Create, upgrade and patch SQL 2005/2008 servers, instances, and databases. Also, provided day to day support and administration of 40+ SQL Servers.
- Install SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2000, service pack and hot fix installations.
- Maintain SQL Servers at peak performance through proactive monitoring, capacity planning and maintenance planning.
- Monitoring IIS application logs, System logs and security logs by using Event Viewer for troubleshooting application and windows server related issues.
- Provide disaster recovery for all databases which include full, differential, and transaction log backups and testing restores.
- Configured Replication Server worked on replication server and contributes to the ETL processes for loading and extracting data.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS concept in the database like SQL Server 2008. Also, developed and executed T-SQL scripts and stored procedures for business processes.
- Utilized SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) to produce a Data Warehouse for reporting.
- Implement and maintain high availability options including replication, mirroring, log shipping, and AlwaysOn.
- Design, monitor, and administer two SharePoint site collections that include DB maintenance, security, creation of sites, and implementing web parts.
- Work closely with systems and network engineers to optimize infrastructure and administer the document management system (Image right) that has over 75 million documents and is larger than 12TB in size.
Environment: SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server 2008R2/2005/2000, SQL Analysis services, Enterprise manager, Query Analyzer, Sql server 2005,MS Project, MS Access 97 / 2000 & Windows Server 2003 X64.
SQL SERVER DBA
- Installed and configured IIS 6.0 on windows 2003 servers and analyzed the existing SQL Server in Production Environment and maintain Reporting services on MSSQL 2000 platform.
- Backing up master & system databases and restoring them when necessary and design backups for migration using LiteSpeed.
- Export or Import data from other data sources like flat files using Import/Export by DTS and from Bloomberg.
- To analyze long running slow queries and tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
- To set up SQL Server configuration settings and implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Maintain transactional replication on production SQL Servers and maintaining the database consistency with DBCC at regular intervals.
- Designed and created databases, tables, views, store procedures and triggers and rebuilding the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Designed and developed file loading process by creating complex stored procedures, functions and bind them with DTS package for logical execution.
Environment: Windows server 2003, SSIS, SQL Server 2000/SQL Server 2005, Litespeed, T SQL.