- Around 7+ years of extensive experience in SQL Server Suite of products (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS) and involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle from gathering requirement, development, implementation, testing and support.
- Experience in MS - SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, OLTP, OLAP, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Data Cleansing and Data Migration.
- Good Knowledge of data warehousing techniques and standards.
- Extensively worked on Erwin Data Model Tool and good knowledge of Relational Database Modeling/Loading and Dimensional database modeling concepts.
- Experience in High Level Design of ETL Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations.
- Created user interfaces using Resource Layout and publishes reports with Report Caster. Proficient in Data migration between homogeneous/heterogeneous systems and SQL Server using Integration Service (SSIS), BULK INSERT, DTS Import/Export utility and Bulk Copy Program (BCP).
- Scheduling the SSIS packages and Jobs.
- Specialized in creating several reports such as drill down reports, parameterized reports, linked reports, sub reports, Matrix Reports, Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Created email subscriptions for data driven reports by using Report Manager.
- Used C#.Net, ASP.Net for GUI design and business logic implementation.
- Extensive knowledge of Client/Server and Web based applications using Visual Basic 6.0, ASP, and ASP.Net.
- Used Report Manager to assign roles, permissions and to create report schedules.
- Experience with Ad-Hoc reporting using Report Builder in SSRS for daily reports.
- Used Performance Monitor/Profiler to solve dead locks/long running queries.
- Worked on analyzing and performance tuning queries by looking at Query Statistics and Execution plans.
- Expertise in SQL Server Development Skills including writing Stored Procedures, User-Defined Functions, Triggers and proficiency in Joins and Indexes.
- Created UNIX Shell Scripting for invoking SQL scripts.
- Experienced in managing Alerts, Operators and Jobs through SQL Server Agent.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple table inner and outer joins, temporary tables, table variables.
- Experience in creating indexed views, complex stored procedures, effective triggers, and useful functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage.
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder.
- Experience of working with huge databases (size>5 M rows).
- Hands-on experience in debugging stored procedures to optimize performance
- Assisted in restoring and updating the production database into development and QA environment for testing various stages of monitoring the queries.
- Experienced in creating front end Application Bridge to ASP.NET based applications.
- Experience in both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Has experience in driving and maintain the scrums/ sprints.
- Experienced in data modeling.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio.
SQL Server tools & Packages/ BI Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Cognos, Business Intelligent Studio, ETL, SSIS,SSRS,SSAS, Erwin Data Modeler, PostgreSQL, Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Database Tuning Wizard, MS Visual SourceSafe, Power BI, Tableau.
Database: MS SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2010, 2008 R2, MS-Access, MySQL
Operating System: Windows 2007/2000/XP
Scripting: VB Script, Java Script, UNIX Shell Scripting
Other Software: MS Office, Adobe Professional.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Developed SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the data warehouse database from SQL Server 2012 MS Excel and Flat files.
- Involved in migration from SQL Server and 2014.
- Used various transforms in SSIS to load data from flat files to the SQL databases.
- Created ETL packages using SSIS to extract data from relational database and then transform and load into the data mart.
- Developed SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the data warehouse database from heterogeneous databases/data sources.
- Prepared Visio diagrams/documents to track and implement the blueprint of the ETL dataflow/process implementation from Initial phase, Ongoing, Deployment to Production Environment.
- Created SSIS packages to mitigate into the data warehouse database from heterogeneous databases/data sources.
- Created packages with different control flow options and data flow transformations such as Conditional Split, Multicast, Union all and Derived Column etc.
- Worked on Design and implement row level data warehouse security.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages
- Generated several drill down and drill through reports using SSRS.
- Involved in designing, developing, debugging and testing of reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created reports in SSRS with different type of properties like chart controls, filters, Interactive Sorting, SQL parameters etc.
- Write Complex Queries, stored procedures, Batch Scripts, Triggers, indexes and Functions using T-SQL for SQL Server 2012.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Created SSIS packages for Data Conversion using data conversion transformation.
- Used Bulk Copy program (BCP) to import and export large amounts of data in and out of SQL Server databases.
- Used Visual Team Foundation server for version control, source control and reporting.
- Advanced extensible reporting skills using SQL Server … Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views using T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Wrote stored procedures and User Define scalar Functions (UDFs) to be used in the SSIS packages and SQL scripts.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data using SSRS 2012
- Developed various types of reports like Drill down, Drill through and parameterized reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Defined Key Performance Indicator metrics to create scorecards.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Used DDL and DML for writing triggers, stored procedures to check the data entry and payment verification.
- Developed mapping spreadsheets for (ETL) team with source to target data mapping with physical naming standards, datatypes, volumetric, domain definitions, and corporate meta-data definitions.
- Created SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task with Master SSIS Package to run all other packages.
- Created and modified UNIX Shell Scripting according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
- Supported application written in Oracle PL/SQL and converted into T-SQL packages.
- Created data extraction ETL jobs using SSIS, DTS, extracting data from MS ACCESS, Oracle and MS Excel and loading into SQL Server Databases.
- Participated in Databases Architecture and data modeling design.
- Created SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2012.Identified the data source and defined them to build the data source views.
- Involved in designing, developing, debugging and testing of reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Inspected the reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures and also tuned Reporting Services to the T-SQL.
- Advanced extensible reporting skills using SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (SSRS).
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, 2012, 2014 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 MDX, T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, Windows 2008 Server, OLAP, Visual basic .NET, UNIX shell scripting.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. ETL and DW Developer
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing database based on business needs for insights & analytics. Assisted DBA in architecting, developing, validating BI solutions such as reports, dashboards, KPIs and alerts.
- Worked with Teradata.
- Studied in-house requirements and conducted Joint Requirement Development (JRD) session to analyze the database requirement in detail.
- Developed C# scripting for packages using Scrip task
- Gathered Requirements, Analysis and Documentation for creating reports. Analyzed complex technical requirements and made determinations for modifications of existing programs/modules.
- Developed conceptual, logical and physical data models for creating schemas using MS Visio. Created Star/Snowflake Schema for Data Marts.
- Involved in creating UNIX Shell Scripting. Defragmentation of the tables.
- Developed Shell Scripting to automate repetitive database processes.
- Designed, Created and managed primary objects such as tables, triggers, db links, indexes, and privileges, based on logic design model. Developed all the required stored procedures and user defined functions, and worked with stored procedures for data set results in reporting services to reduce report complexity and to optimize runtime.
- Designed extract, transform and load (ETL) packages to load business retail data received from different stores and other locations into data marts using Data Flow Task, Execute SQL Task, Lookups, Fuzzy Lookups, Conditional Split, Derived Column and Execute Package Task.
- Designed and implemented data structures for new functionality and restructured existing data structures to increase performance by writing queries and stored procedures.
- Created SSIS packages to automate maintenance, database backup and restoration, update statistics, re-build indexes as well as create error log for event during data load.
- Used MDX queries for pre calculated measures and created reports model on SSAS cubes as well as changing default configuration on existing cubes. Created perspectives, partitions, and Designed aggregations in cubes using SSAS.
- Manipulated database security by creating authentication on databases. Created Window users, Work Group and SQL Server logins based on various security requirements. Created Cell Level Security in cubes using SSAS.
- Researched and resolved complex issues and implemented longer-term solutions to frequent occurring issues.
- Conveyed problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers and management. Developed and maintained clear and succinct documentation.Imported data from text files and excel spread sheets into SQL Server 2005 database using SSIS package.
- Experience in developing Database Schemas / Stored Procedures / Data Dictionary.
- Responsible for Deploying the SSIS packages and scheduling the package through Jobs in all Tiers including Dev, INT, UAT and Production.
- Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2012 MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2012 MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) … C#, Oracle 11, PL/SQL, Microsoft Visual Studio, MS Excel., MS Visio 2013, UNIX shell scripting
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2008.
- Designed and developed packages for data warehouse using Integration services (SSIS) SQL Server
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with the help of SSIS.
- Developed, tested, published documentation and implemented security and auditing standards for multiple DBMS's
- Deploy SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports using SSRS 2012.
- Analyzed data after the reports were created for accuracy of data generated by the reports using Business Objects 3.1
- Created Crystal Reports using Business Objects.
- Designed SSRS reports with sub reports, dynamic sorting, defining data source and subtotals for the report.
- Worked with T-SQL to create Tables, Views, and triggers and stored Procedures.
- Experience in creating Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Parameterized Reports, and Sub Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 (SSRS).
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau Ad-Hoc reports.
- Generated tableau dashboards with combination charts for clear understanding.
- Responsible for logical and physical data modeling, database design, star schema, data analysis, programming, documentation and implementation.
- Experience and advanced knowledge of Kimball Methodology for Data Warehousing.
- Transform the data from the staging database and perform the transformation using the Data Flow Tasks.
- Build database queries and test cases for the testing team to test the reports.
- Involved in Migration of SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008.
- Used SSRS Report Manager to assign roles, permissions and to create report schedules.
- Experience in creating Ad-Hoc reports Using Report Builder 1.0 and Report Builder 2.0.
- Used Linq2sql .Net language in order to manage the relational data.
- Experienced in Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Data management and data processing solutions using SSIS, this includes Error Handling and Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, developing reports using MDX and SQLEnvironment: MS SQL Server … SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Business Objects 3.1, ETL, MDX, MS Access, Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, Oracle PL/SQL Tableau, Windows XP, VB.NET, ERWIN, XML, Performance Point Server.