- Experience in data modeling including physical and logical, ERwin and Toad Data Modeler as well as script generation for forward/backward engineering.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring, SQL Server 2005, 2008R2, 2012, and 2014.
- Expertise in implementation of security models; creating users, roles, permission, Transparent data encryption (TDE), data masking as well as server authentication modes.
- Experienced in writing Stored Procedures, Functions, and Triggers using T - SQL.
- Upgrade from SQL server 2005 to 20008 R2 and 2012 by using side-by-side, in place as well as the documentations.
- Architecture planning and install for upgrading to SQL server 2014.
- Windows Service Pack, hot fixes, cumulative updates, and patches on windows server 2003, 2008R2, and 2012R2.
- Strong work experience and knowledge with SQL Server Database Mirroring, Replication, Log shipping.
- Configured and managed AlwaysOn in Cluster Environment.
- Expertise on Business Intelligence Solutions to Create SSRS Reports, SSIS Packages, and SSAS with OLAP.
- Performed data transformations between servers using BCP, DTS, SSIS, and bulk insert.
- In depth knowledge of native SQL Server tools, such as SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Query Analyzer, Activity monitor.
- Proficient in resolving performance problems, lock, block and deadlocks.
- Database Consistency Checks using DBCC and DMV's and Re-indexing, Updating Statistics.
- Monitoring Event Viewer, SQL Server Error logs, and Log File Viewer for Software and hardware related errors.
- T-SQL, Trigger, and Stored-Procedures.
- Assisted Database Developers to optimize SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Expert in data warehouse (designing Star Schema, snowflake schemas with identifying Facts & Dimensions).
- Experience in supporting very large database (VLDB) more than 1.00 TB and troubleshooting problems.
Database: SQL Server 2005, 2008R2, 2012, 2014.
Operating System: Windows Server 2012R2, 2008R2, 2003, VMware.
Data Modeling: Toad Data Modeler, ERWin, SSDD (SQL Server Database Diagram).
SQL Tools: Query Analyzer, Profiler, Query Execution Plan, Management Studio.
ETL Tools: SSIS/DTS, BCP, SSDT-BI SSIS/DTS, BCP, SSDT-BI.
Performance Monitoring Tool: Profiler, PerfMon, Activity Monitor, Database Tuning Advisor, Execution Plan, DMV.
Reports Development/Management: SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), MS Access, Excel.
Programming: SQL, T-SQL, JOIN, Stored Procedures, Trigger, Functions.
Networking: Active Directory, TCP/IP.
Hardware/Storage: SAN, RAID, Cloud.
SQL Server DBA
- Installed and Upgraded from SQL Server 2005 to SQL server 2008 R2 and 2008 R2 to 2012.
- Migrated Databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL server 2008 R2, also 2008R2 to 2012 and 2014.
- Prepared documentation for the Disaster Recovery Plan and performed Backup and Restore.
- Worked in Active-Passive, Active-Active Cluster as a High Availability solution.
- Configured and maintained Database mirroring with High Safety and High Availability automatic failover.
- Created new database objects like Tables, Procedures, Functions, Indexes, and Views using T-SQL in development and production environments.
- Designed data integration jobs with Error Handling and email notifications.
- Performed query tuning on slow running queries using Profiler and Statistics I/O by using different methods in terms of evaluating joins, indexes, updating Statistics, and code modifications.
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Tables Joins, and Statements for Applications by using T-SQL.
- Worked with TDE (Transparent Data Encryption), Data Masking, table compression, database compression, and merge statements using SQL server 2008 R2 and 2012.
- Generated periodic reports based on the Statistical Analysis of the data using SSRS.
- Experience with OLTP and OLAP databases to include reporting and data modeling.
- Monitored and modified Performance using execution plans and Index tuning.
- Experience in database security and integrity planning.
- Daily DBA routine tasks like handling user's permissions and space issues on Production and Semi-Production Servers and handling maintenance Jobs.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, 2008 R2, and 2005, T-SQL, Red Gate, ASP.Net 3.0, SSAS, SSIS, SharePoint, (ETL), SSRS, Windows 2003 R2 and 2008 R2 Servers.
- Installed and configured SQL server 2012 on virtual machine.
- Applied patch to SQL server on a virtual machine.
- Managed SQL instances/servers on a two node cluster.
- Migrated SQL databases from physical cluster server to a virtual machine.
- Administering Microsoft servers and Microsoft SQL server databases.
- Creating and managing disaster recovery procedures
- Automating jobs such as backup, index building and index reorganizing
- Actively managing database and backup growth(purging)
- Responding to incident tickets.
- Creating and resolving remedy tickets
- Extracting and exporting data from development, test, pre-production and production environment.
- Auditing database error logs
- Auditing database security using splunk server.
- Monitoring database growth.
- Creating and assigning permissions to user accounts.
- Deploying database change codes.
- Managing and administering cluster for Microsoft SQL servers.
- Monitoring server and database security.
- Creating and executing database maintenance plans.