- Around 7+ years of IT experience as SQL Server DBA and Developer in Design, Development, Implementation and Administration of Client - Server Application and Database systems using MSSQL 2005/2008/ 2012/2014/2016 for both OLTP & Data warehousing applications in all SDLC environments.
- Experience in installation and configuration of MS SQL Server 2005/2008/ 2012/2014/2016 (Standalones, Failover Cluster Instances, Always On) applying Service Packs and Hot Fixes.
- Experience in Migrating SQL servers 2005/2008(R2)/2012 to 20012/2014/2016
- Expertise in Database Design, Performance Analysis & Production Support for Large (VLDB) and Complex Databases.
- Experience in Capacity planning and disaster recovery planning and Drills.
- Experience in Database Programming in writing T-SQL, Stored procedure, Triggers, Views and Indexes using various DDL and DML commands.
- Experience in Clustered SQL servers in Active / Passive Environment on Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012/2012R2 enterprise servers.
- Extensive experience in Database Backup, Restore, Moving of Databases and Disaster Recovery Management (including DR/Standby servers).
- Extensive experience in Monitoring Daily Jobs, Scheduling Jobs, DB Maintenance Plans, Run DBCC jobs for Re indexing, check DB and Fragmentation etc.
- Expertise in Database Maintenance by Managing Index Fragmentation, Managing Statistics, Shrinking Files and Using DBCC Commands.
- Expert in Security Administration creating Users, Roles, Granting Privileges, Managing Schemas, handling Database Security for windows/ web applications.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Sending Alerts using Database Mail.
- Experienced in performing root cause analysis (RCA) and running SQL profiler for slow running store procedures and looking into the execution plans for performance.
- Experience in Troubleshooting, Monitoring and Tuning SQL Server performance using SQL Profiler, System Monitor, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Optimizing queries, tuning indexes
- Experience in configuring, administering and maintaining Replication (Transactional, Snapshot, merge) log shipping for high availability fall back solutions.
- Experience in configuring Linked Servers & handling distributed queries across multiple data sources.
- Highly experienced in Implementing and Managing Database Mirroring in SQL Server 2008.
- Experience in SQL Reporting services (2005/2008/2012/2014 ) (SSRS), SQL Analysis services (SSAS), Integration Services (SSIS).
- Provided after hours 24/7 database maintenance and production support & on call Rotation.
Sr SQL DBA
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 on standalone, Failover Cluster and AlwaysOn
- Supported 1400 back-end databases across over 155 Production SQL Server instances.
- Expertise in supporting high-concurrency transactional databases size varying up to 60 TB and troubleshooting SQL Server Failover Clustering.
- Worked on an internal ticketing system which has over 20,000 users.
- Experience in troubleshooting all kinds of general issues from SQL Server 2008 to 2012 and including backup and data recovery, installation/patch, connectivity and performance tuning.
- Worked on security groups and provided administration and support on Microsoft Windows Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Performed Service Account Password changes and Patching to maintain security compliance.
- Worked on configuration of Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Experience in Log Shipping from Primary to Standby servers and SQL maintenance plans.
- Partnered with development teams to provide support, troubleshooting and performance tuning advice to the development teams.
- Managed and provided support for the various SSIS, SSRS and SSAS solutions including deploying a front-end SQL 2012 cluster with Analysis and Reporting Services.
- Worked on database moves, disaster recovery, alerting, and data warehouse data collection and analysis.
- Worked closely with team geographically to meet the deadline and resolving issues.
- Worked closely with Network Engineers, System Administrators, Architects and Project Managers to plan and implement complex, technical solutions and architecture.
- Participate in 24/7 DBA on-call rotation.
Sr. SQL DBA
- Experience in installation, configuration, and up gradation of MS SQL Server 2008 to 2012 servers.
- Experience in applying Service packs, feature packs and hot fixes in Multi node Clustered environments.
- Maintain Security compliance by regular Service Account Password changes and applying security patches.
- Handling any user or business escalations directly and work with Engineering and Business teams to provide high - technical support for the resolution of escalations.
- Provide analysis and troubleshooting for complex SQL Server and Analysis service applications.
- Provide Problem Management, Release and change support for Microsoft’s internal business applications.
- Experience in project team activities prior to and through release by analyzing testing, and Approval of the deployment to help define and drive operational best practices.
- Validate system health and security check with monthly audits.
- Experience with working on VLDB’s cube processing and cube publish for the business users to pull business reports in specified SLA’s.
- Responsible in driving the implements of recovery exercises accordingly (Planned and Unplanned) in a year.
- Design automation techniques and monitoring methods to reduce manual efforts by identifying the scope of need.
- Conduct global meetings online and offshore for the team sync up on change requests, new application designing and implementations and global trainings.
- Monthly server auditing and regular server upgrade & patching activities.
- Operations/Systems support.
- Automation, Process improvement and documentation.
- Work on High visibility monitoring systems that are in place to act upon any issues according to the set priorities. At any point of time, was available on-call depending on the criticality of the issues.
- Responsible for the Installation, configuration and up gradation from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 and 2008 to 2012.
- Experience in handling over 150+ Production servers in production Environment.
- Involved in applying service packs and hot fixes for SQL Servers in clustered environment.
- Involved in Maintaining and administrating core databases and applications systems.
- Experience in maintaining Ad center KPI Cubes 24/7 in terms of support and availability.
- Involved in setting up SQL Server Agent Jobs for periodic Backups with backup devices according to the backup strategies and Recovery models to ensure data integrity.
- Involved in setup of Database Mail for alerting purposes.
- Performing Re indexing and Index Defrag operations for large online tables.
- Maintaining the Database Health by Doing DBCC CHECK DB.
- Monitored database status including CPU, memory, I/O, space, and deadlocks using SQL Server utilities.
- Managed the production and development databases for performance tuning, capacity planning and database security configuration.
- Performed root cause analysis to track down problems & used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting.
- Setup data transformations and system high availability with Microsoft SQL Server Mirroring.
- Configured and maintained transactional, snapshot replications.
- Created a cloned environment of the production databases for Business end users reporting purpose.
- Generated various database file growth / SAN usage reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Provided 24X7 on-call system support.
Confidential, Providence, RI
SQL Developer/ Jr. DBA
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2000 and 2005 on Windows server 2003
- Involved in Database up gradation and Migration of SQL2000 to SQL2005 and co-ordinate all Upgrade activities.
- Documentation of daily tasks and scripting them. Created documentation to install SQL Server, apply service pack, hot fix.
- Migrated huge databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 using attach/detach and copy database wizard.
- Experience in Performance monitoring and performance tuning by Optimizing queries, Tuning indexes and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Experience in troubleshooting dead lock issues and performance issues for optimal performance. Used the Index tuning wizard and rebuilt indexes for faster query response.
- Worked on DTS/SSIS packages for transferring data from various data sources like Oracle, MS Access and Excel.
- Configured the Log shipping and scheduled jobs to setup log shipping between production servers.
- Suggested Backup Strategies and scheduled the Backups & Restoration for Databases and Transaction log.
- Experience in Setup of maintenance jobs in all Servers schedule to run at various times.
- Monitoring backup jobs daily and run the jobs manually in case of failure depending upon the necessity and prepared daily report on the job failures, backup failures and disk space.
- Creating and managed schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements and converting them into technical specifications.
- Implemented Database Mirroring for high availability of the databases in SQL Server 2005
- Granted permission to user(s), role(s), and object(s). Support column level permissions. Administrate security for server’s logins (Windows and SQL Accounts).
- Made Estimates for Database, table size growth and prepared the reports for the day-to-day as well as weekly/monthly purposes.