- Over all 4+ years of experience in Database Design, Programming, Development and Implementation of Client - Server Applications & Database systems using MSSQL 2012/2008/2005/2000.
- Expertise in Database Administration on Production Servers with Server Configuration, Performance Tuning and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities.
- Excellent Experience on Installation, configuration, maintenance and optimization of SQL Server High Availability (HA) / Disaster Recovery (DR) solutions; Failover Clusters and AlwaysOn Availability Groups, Replication, Log Shipping, Mirroring.
- Experience in Upgrade and Migration of MS SQL Server 2008 to MS SQL Server 2012, from SQL Server 2012 to MS SQL Server 2014.
- Worked in OLTP & OLAP environment that includes Production (24x7), QA and development databases in SQL Server.
- Expertise in Troubleshooting, Installation, configuration, Backup/recovery, database security, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Database design, query optimization, Security administration.
- Familiar with Virtualization technology and running Windows inside a Virtual Machine.
- Responsible for securing SQL Server, user management, assigning permissions and roles.
- Experienced in monitoring the health and performance of SQL Servers and its applications using SQL Server native tools and other third party solutions.
- Experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence using SSIS, SSRS and SSAS Packages to serve company needs.
- Experience in using ETL tools, DTS and SSIS, Batch processes, Import, Export, Backup.
- Adept at T-SQL, Stored procedures, tables, views, functions, and triggers.
- Expert in using DTA/Extended Events/PerfMon/SQL Profiler/Scripts and other third-party tools to resolve bottlenecks, dead locks and slow running queries.
- Experienced in creating technical documents and process archiving and change management.
- Experienced in working independently as well as in team-oriented environments.
- Strong ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
Databases: MS Access, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012, Oracle 8i/9i/10g
Data Warehouse Tools: SSMS, Visual Studio, SQL Server Profiler, MS SQL Query Analyzer, ETL, Enterprise Manager, Tuning Adviser
Languages: T-SQL, CSS, HTML, ASP.NET, C#, .NET Framework, C
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Cognos, Microsoft Clustering Services (MSCS), Crystal Reports
Data modeling: Power Designer, ERwin, ER Studio, MS Visio, SSAS, Red gate
ETL Tools: Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS), BI (SSDT), Informatica, Pentaho
Virtualization: VMware and Hyper-V
Cloud: Microsoft Azure
Operating Systems: Windows NT/98/2000/XP/2003 Server, Unix, Linux, Sun Solaris
SQL Server DBA
- Installed SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 on Windows server 2008/2012 on both cluster and on standalone servers.
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in databases. This involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Aided developers with troubleshooting performance issues and helping end users with daily problems using a Service desk ticketing system.
- Proactively monitoring Servers for job failures, server alerts and log threshold/warning alerts by setting up of Alerting Mechanism using SQL Tokens and SMTP.
- Developed Data Transformation services (DTS) packages and an Extract Transform Load (ETL) tool of SQL Server for import and export operations and implementing the business logic for loading data into OLAP databases.
- Implemented Database Encryption, Data Encryption based on business needs.
- Implemented Backup compression and Data compression wherever required.
- Administration of SQL Server security by creating logins, assigning roles and permissions as per requirement.
- Optimized various Queries by implementing indexes using Execution Plan Analysis.
- Tuned Server/DB/Application Performance by analyzing various metrics gathered using Performance Monitor, Data Collector, Who-Is-Active table data.
SQL Server Developer
- Administration and maintenance of SQL Server Instances into PROD-QA-DEV-DR environments.
- Design/setup of active-active/passive (2+1) multi-instance SQL Server 2008 failover clustering solution.
- Assessment, Setup, Monitoring and troubleshooting of routine maintenance jobs and processes.
- Evaluation of SQL Server environment and provided standards for installation, configuration, storage specifications, CPU, Memory, accounts and security to follow MS best practices and standards.
- Development of Installer package for Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services and required components.
- Maintenance and Administration of Databases and Multidimensional Cubes (Process, Backup, Restore).
- Extensively Worked on Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SSAS Packages to serve company needs.
- SQL Server upgrade and migration from version SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
- Responsible for creating the reports as per requirements using SSRS.
- Used ETL tools to maintain the quality of data and to improve the metadata capabilities.
- Created various Database Objects - Tables, Indexes, Views, and Roles.
- Performed Full and Differential backup with bulk-logged recovery models.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Database Tuning Wizard (DTA).
Jr. SQL Server Admin
- Responsible for configuration of Microsoft Server/Client Products and implementation.
- Developed various T-SQL stored procedures/functions for the Application.
- Responsible for database tuning using normalization and application tuning
- Extensively used Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, and SQL Server Profiler.
- Data migration between different environments and Third-Party Databases.
- Monitored user accounts, user permissions, table partitions and backup.
- Interacted with the users and troubleshooting the problems involved with the development of stored procedures, tables, views, functions, triggers.
- Generated MIS reports using Crystal Reports.
- Estimating of Table sizes and Record sizes.
- Performed database consistency checks.
- Backup recovery schedules, Backup scripts.