- Over 6 years of IT experience in design, development, tuning and maintenance of client/server side of SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005 in various phases of software development life cycle.
- Expert in implementing Business Intelligence Solutions for Enterprise Decision support systems using Microsoft suite of products like SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Excellent backend skills in creating SQL objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Functions, User Defined Data - Types, Rules, And Defaults.
- Experience with SQL Server Database Administration, Excellent ability using Clustering, Standby/Replication, Database Mirroring, and Log shipping.
- Experience in making sure that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are working correctly.
- Data modeling experience in high activity normalized OLTP systems and analytical highly useable de-normalized OLAP systems, staging and Data art.
- Experienced in using Power BI tools for highly interactive ad-hoc reporting needs.
- Experience in creating package configurations like XML, SQL Server Configurations and Logging using text, XML and Windows event log.
- Experience in data manipulation languages and working with Database Design
- Worked on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large-scale Data Warehouses using SQL Server SSIS 2008.
- Expert in creating different formats of reports for internal and external reporting purposes including drill down and drill through based on needs of granularity using SSRS 2005/2008/2012 .
- Experience in monitoring user access and security, configuration of Microsoft SQL Server and databases.
- Experience in T-SQL (DDL and DML).
- Experienced in creating and populating data warehouses OLTP data with various SSIS ETL packages with transformations, containers, variables, configurations and schedules. Debugging knowledge with loggers and event handlers.
- Strong ability in defining query for generating drill down reports, handling parameterized reports and creating stylish report layouts in SSRS.
- Experienced in performance testing and query optimization for faster data access.
- Capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member. Strong Analytical skills and ability to work cross functionally.
- Experience in creating jobs, SQL Mail, Alerts and schedule SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent.
- Experience working in Troubleshoot performance problems, fine-tuning of databases and index Analysis.
- Experience in extracting and transforming data using DTS Import/Export
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server DTS and SSIS services.
- Expert in handling parameterized reports in SSRS 2008.
- Created share dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes and aggregations on MSOLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Experience in translation business goals and requirements into the realization of planning solutions.
- Self-motivated and possess ability for critical thinking, analysis, good interpersonal and communication skills. Team-oriented, technically motivated and creative. User oriented with a desire to learn client's business requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP, Windows Vista, 7, UNIX.
Programming Languages Software: C,C++, T-SQL, C#.Net, VB.Net, ASP.Net, HTML, XML,UML,XMLA,SAS Clinical,.NET script, Java, MSOffice 2010/2007
RDBMS: MS SQLServer 2012/2008/2005, SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), SSAS, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MS Access
ETL Tools: DTS, SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Import Export Data, Bulk Copy Program (BCP).
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), Tableau, PowerView, SharePoint 2007
Data Modeling Tools: MS-Visio, Visual Studio 2008,2010,2012
Database Query Tools: MS SQLServer Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler
Analysis Client Tools: SharePoint, Performance point and Excel.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
MS BI/ SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Worked in Agile Scrum Methodology with daily stand up meetings, great knowledge working with Visual SourceSafe for Visual studio 2010 and tracking the projects using JIRA.
- Involved in upgrading the databases and servers of SQL Server 2008R2 to SQL Server 2012.
- Experience in creating packages to transfer data between ORACLE, MS ACCESS, Informix, FLAT FILES, Excel Files, to SQL SERVER 2008R2 using SSIS.
- Deployed the SSIS Packages and created jobs for efficient running of the packages.
- Expertise in creating ETL packages using SSIS to extract data from heterogeneous database and then transform and load into the data mart.
- Involved in creating SSIS jobs to automate the reports generation, cube refresh packages.
- Great Expertise in Deploying SSIS Package to Production and used different types of Package configurations to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to author, manage, and deliver both paper-based and interactive Web-based reports.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Wrote store procedures to generate different FTE (Full Time Equivalency) Reports and College Internal Reports.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2005 and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Knowledge on integration of BI suite of products with Microsoft Office range of products like MOSS 2007 (SharePoint), Business Scorecard Manager, Dashboards, Performance Point Server.
- Created different types of Tabular reports like Cascaded Parameters, Drill through, Drilldown, sub-reports and Matrix reports and developed some graphical reports using Report Designer.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries using multiple joins for creating Adhoc reports using Report builder based on the requirements.
- Deployed SSRS reports to Report Manager and created linked reports, snapshots, and subscriptions for the reports and worked on scheduling of the reports.
- Performed maintenance duties like performance tuning and optimization of queries, functions and stored procedures.
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization of SQL server 2008 and SQL code.
- Worked with T-SQL to create Tables, Views, and triggers and stored Procedures.
Environment: s: MS SQL Server2012/ 2008, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MS Visual Studio.NET# 2008, SAP Business Objects, Microsoft Excel.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
MS BI/SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Designed MS SSIS Packages to extract data from various OLTP sources, Text Files, XML (Extensible Markup Language) Files, MS SQL Server 2008/2012, Excel and MS Access 2007 to EDW system (SQL Server 2012).
- Experience in database administration (DBA) of MS SQL server.
- Wrote T-SQL queries with the help of Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors, Views, and Indexes.
- Planned, Defined and Designed data based on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Gathered data and documenting it for further reference.
- Designed Database using Erwin data modeler.
- Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Cache Transform, Conditional Split and Derived column etc.
- Developed SSIS Packages using Look Up Values & implementing rules provided by Business in the mapping document.
- Developed SSIS packages using Fuzzy Look Up and Fuzzy Grouping for data cleansing purpose.
- Used SSIS Variables for storing the values which are used in various components of Data Flow Task.
- Developed Unit Test Plans for SSIS packages for checking the functionality of each component.
- Modified the existing SSIS packages to meet the changes specified by the users.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis.
- Created the Load packages for loading the CSV files from DB2 into SQL Server using SSIS 2012.
- Generated parameterized reports, sub reports, tabular reports using SSRS-2012.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2012
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS 2012.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically onto the Dashboard
- Responsible for Monitoring and Tuning Report performance.
- Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using Report Manager
- Scheduled report and exported in PDF format.
- Fine-tuned SQL Queries for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Provided documentation for all kinds of reports and SSIS packages.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SSRS, T-SQL, SSIS, Visual SourceSafe, Win 2003 Advanced Server, PowerBuilder 5, Erwin v8.0, ASP.Net, C#.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
MS BI/SQL Server SSRS/SSIS Developer
- Involved in designing multidimensional OLAP cubes in SSAS from the existing data warehouse for various sales, marketing and buying divisions.
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages for ETL from OLTP and various sources including Oracle, DB2, MS Access, and Excel to staging and staging to Data warehouse using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Merge, Slowly Changing Dimension and more.
- Configured the package to send email messages if tasks in the package workflow succeed or fail, or send messages in response to an event that the package raises at run time.
- Handled the exceptions with the help of SSIS by transferring the data into separate flat file or error table and performed Performance Tuning by using unblocking Transformations and row transformations for better Performance of SSIS packages.
- Managed subscriptions, snapshots and security in the report manager.
- Responsible for creating database objects like table, views, Store Procedure, Triggers, Functions etc. using T-SQL to provide structure to store data and to maintain database efficiently.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from the database.
- Improved database performance including CTE, views, stored procedures, Index, etc. and optimized the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler and Execution Plan.
- Built effective queries and stored procedures for high performance reporting and rendered them to HTML, PDF and EXCEL formats using reporting services.
- Used “SQL Profiler T-SQL Duration” template for tracking execution time of T-SQL Statements.
- Generated different reports using MS SQL Reporting Services.
- Used power BI tools in Excel to spot favorable, unfavorable trends and outliers.
- Generated parameterized queries for generating tabular reports using global variables, expressions, functions, and stored procedures using SSRS.
- Works closely with the Data Warehouse development staff to develop new databases to support reporting needs and to identify and resolve database performance problems.
- Created SSIS packages to import data from Excel, flat files and other OLEDB sources.
- Developed, and scheduled variety of reports like cross-tab, parameterized, drill through and sub reports with SSRS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SSRS, SSAS, Microsoft Access, Visual Studio, Performance point server, Excel Power BI
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
MS BI/SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Developed various T-SQL queries, Stored Procedures for data retrieval, maintenance and testing.
- Developed various SSIS packages for managing current and historical data using various transformations.
- Good experience in Master Data Services (MDS).
- Created different Models, Versions and Managed different entities using MDS.
- Automated the Batch Processing and Version Validation.
- Created and published various Business rules to validate master data to ensure Data Accuracy and completeness.
- Involved in designing Parameterized Reports and Report Models for generating Ad-Hoc reports as per the client requirements.
- Involved as a part of Data Governance team in MDM.
- Worked with the business to meet their requirements on time.
- Integral part of the Warehouse team for the Design, Development and functioning of cube.
- Worked in Production environment and resolved the tickets in time to deliver the requirements.
- Overall hands on all tasks of MDM, MDS and all other Data related issues.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2, SSIS, SSAS, MDS, VULCAN, EXCEL, Visual Studio.
MS BI/SQL Server SSIS/ SSRS Developer
- Filtered inaccurate data from legacy system using complex T-SQL statements, and implemented various constraints and triggers for data consistency.
- Managed index, statistics and optimizing queries by using execution plan.
- Used SSIS features like package event handlers, property expressions, and package configurations, transactions in packages, checkpoints and protection levels.
- Involved in designing database using MS Visio
- Written and executed complex T-SQL queries using SQL Server Management Studio for back end data validation testing
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Worked on performance monitor counters for monitoring SQL Server environments.
- Created and maintained logins, roles and permissions on the SQL instances and databases and provided required privileges according to the user’s requirements.
- Used MS Access for creating the tables.
- Utilized SSRS reporting services to generate different types of reports from the database.
- Created Report Subscription using SSRS 2008.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports (SSRS 2005/2008).
- Performed Data Analysis for automating various Customers Order Reports utilizing SQL Reporting Services.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, Indexes, tables, and views and other SQL joins for building various applications.
- Manipulate information using MS Access and Excel for reporting.
- Used C# and VB.Net scripting when performing SSIS packages
- Used SSRS to create reports, customized Reports, on-demand reports, ad-hoc reports and involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports in SSRS.
- Created reports using SSRS from OLTP and OLAP data sources and deployed on report server.
- Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on the requirements.
- Designed SSRS reports with sub reports, dynamic sorting, defining data source and subtotals for the report and deployed SSRS reports.
- Building dashboards using SSRS 2008 Build, test, and execute one-off procedures as needed to support business commitments. Answer business user questions. Investigate and resolve issues or problems that arise. On call for production troubles
- Querying and manipulating multidimensional cube data through MDX Scripting
- Designed/Implemented a reporting dashboard for use by the SQL Reporting Services group using Visual Studio
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, deployment.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes wherever necessary.
- Gathered requirements to identify and create database objects such as tables, views, triggers and indexes.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, MS Analysis Services 2008, MS-Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, Share Point, MS Integration Services 2008, MS Reporting Services 2008