- Over 7 years of programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer in Analysis, Design and Implementation of Business Applications using the Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Experience with Data flow diagrams, Data dictionary, Database normalization theory techniques, Entity relation modeling and design techniques.
- Expertise in Client - Server application development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL *PLUS, TOAD and SQL*LOADER.
- Effectively made use of Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Query Re-Write and Transportable table spaces.
- Created Tables, Views, Constraints, Index (B Tree, Bitmap and Function Based).
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Developed materialized views for data replication in distributed environments.
- Experience in Oracle supplied packages, Dynamic SQL, Records and PL/SQL Tables .
- Loaded Data into Oracle Tables using SQL * Loader .
- Experience with Oracle Supplied Packages such as DBMS SQL, DBMS JOB and UTL FILE .
- Created Packages and Procedures to automatically drop table indexes and create indexes for the tables.
- Worked extensively on Ref Cursor and Collections .
- Expertise in Dynamic SQL, Collections and Exception handling .
- Experience in SQL performance tuning using Cost-Based Optimization (CBO).
- Good knowledge of key Oracle performance related features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans and Indexes.
- Experience with Performance Tuning for Oracle RDBMS using Explain Plan and HINTS .
- Created Shell Scripts for invoking SQL scripts.
- Documentation of projects for Functional Requirement Spec (FRS), Use case Spec, ER-Diagram, Test Plan, and Test Script & Test Cases.
- Assisted QA Teams for bug testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) & System Integration Testing.
- Highly motivated, excellent team player, enthusiastic, strong initiative and quick learner of new technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with customers.
Databases: Oracle 7.x/8i/9i/10g/11g (SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers)
Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, Unix Shell, XML.
Oracle tools: Oracle Forms & Reports 6i/9i/10g.
Tools & Utilities: SQL Loader, WS FTP, Putty, TOAD, PL/SQL developer, Oracle s SQL*Plus, HP Kintana (4.7).
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2000/ 2003.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center.
Confidential, Jamesburg, New Jersey
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Coordinated with the front end design team to provide them with the necessary stored procedures and packages.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
- Generated server side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and materialized views for remote instances.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Created scripts to create new tables, views, queries for new enhancement in the application using TOAD.
- Created indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader calling UNIX scripts to download and manipulate files.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF and AUTOTRACE.
- Extensively involved in using hints to direct the optimizer to choose an optimum query execution plan.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Created PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL* plus.
- Partitioned the fact tables and materialized views to enhance the performance.
- Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects for improving the performing.
- Created records, tables, collections (nested tables and arrays) for improving Query performance by reducing context switching.
- Used Pragma Autonomous Transaction to avoid mutating problem in database trigger.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Performed modifications on existing form as per change request and maintained it.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day. Used standard packages like UTL FILE, DMBS SQL, and PL/SQL Collections and used BULK Binding involved in writing database procedures, functions and packages for Front End Module.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate repetitive database processes.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Windows XP
Confidential, Mountain view, CA
Oracle PL/ SQL Developer
- Involved in full development cycle of Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Developed and modified triggers, packages, functions and stored procedures for data conversions and PL/SQL procedures to create database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
- Wrote sequences for automatic generation of unique keys to support primary and foreign key constraints in data conversions.
- Created and modified SQL*Plus, PL/SQL and SQL*Loader scripts for data conversions.
- Upgraded Oracle 9i to 10g software in different environments for latest features and also tested databases.
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus programs required to retrieve data using cursors and exception handling.
- Designed Data Modeling, Design Specifications and to analyze Dependencies.
- Creating indexes on tables to improve the performance by eliminating the full table scans and views for hiding the actual tables and to eliminate the complexity of the large queries.
- Fine-tuned procedures/SQL queries for maximum efficiency in various databases using Oracle Hints, for Rule based optimization.
- Created some Custom reports for the end users to check the details and errors.
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Windows 2000, Toad.
Oracle PL/ SQL Developer
- Created and maintained PL/SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Designed, developed and maintained data extraction and transformation processes and ensured that data is properly loaded and extracted in and out of our systems.
- Investigated data quality issues and implemented appropriate solutions.
- Helped to improve the performance, scalability and stability of database systems.
- Identified and implemented programming enhancements.
- Developed technical system documentation.
- Documented code in accordance with company policies, company standards and industry best practices
- Developed, tested, debugged and documented Oracle PL/SQL packages and types in accordance with company policies, company standards and industry best practices.
- Assisted in the conversion of existing PowerBuilder code to PL/SQL and Java to support a new Flex application.
- Tested coding modifications and assisted with application and system testing to minimize errors and downtime.
- Implemented 11g and upgraded the existing database from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g.
- Translated business requirements into technical requirements and delivered application code that is fully tested and meets the business requirements.
- Maintained versioned code in Subversion in accordance with company policies, company standards and industry best practices.
- Designed, coded, tested, and debugged enterprise wide applications.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g SQL, PL/SQL, Forms 9i, Reports 9i, SQL*Loader, SQL Navigator, TOAD.
Oracle PL/ SQL Developer
- Worked with SQL*Loader to import and export data from flat files in and out of the legacy database.
- Participated in the development of new PL/SQL procedures, function, triggers and updating old ones based on the change requests.
- Created various DML and DDL statements using oracle PL/SQL and SQL.
- Tuned some existing quires using Hints to improve execution time of the queries.
- Worked with SQL Trace, TKPROF in generating statistics for queries which are performing badly.
- Participated in creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, cursors(Implicit, Explicit, REF),procedures, packages, cursors using Oracle tools like TOAD,PL/SQL,SQL * Plus, SQL * Loader.
- Prepared the test scenarios and performed unit and regression tests on PL/SQL programs .Assist Java development team for writing SQL queries for the application.
Environment: Oracle 9i, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Windows 2000, Toad.
Oracle PL/ SQL Developer
- Worked in Production Support Environment as well as QA/TEST environments for projects, work orders, maintenance requests, bug fixes, enhancements, data changes, etc.
- Wrote Shell Scripts for Data loading and DDL Scripts.
- Wrote conversion scripts using SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, functions and packages to migrate data from SQL server database to Oracle database.
- Performed Database Administration of all database objects including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences packages and procedures.
- Involved in Logical & Physical Database Layout Design.
- Set-up and Design of Backup and Recovery Strategy for various databases.
- Performance tuning of Oracle Databases and User applications.
- Provided user training and production support.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
- Wrote packages to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, sub queries and database links.
Environment: Oracle 8i, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Windows 2000, Toad.