Graduate Business Analytics student with over ten years of software development experience cross function and cross geography in Business Intelligence industry as well as strong communication skills seeks a position where background in data analytics can drive innovative decision making.
- Data Mining
- Data Visualization
- Java programming
- Big data technology (Hadoop/Spark)
- Enterprise Data Modeling
- Predictive Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- PMP certificated
- SAS, Hadoop, SAS Enterprise, SPSS, Palisades Decision Suite, R, Python, SQL, Tableau, Optimization Software
- ETL, data warehouse, data model Cost Analysis
- Design of Experiment, A/B test
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:Senior Software Engineer
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Utilize python to analyze historical data from ' Confidential ', build regression model to find covariance between types of complaints, reduce the repeated call and improve IVR call routing efficiency to help them to provide better customer service while simultaneously reducing customer effort and operational expenses.
- Design of Experiment and DOE analysis for Lego car December 2018
- Design and perform a screening experiment to identify which factors contribute most to the distance a Lego car would go. Ran the Design of Experiment in Minitab and analyzed the result to optimize Lego car design.
- Applied SAS to build logistic regression model to identified key factors that affect advertising click behavior of online users to help to better deploy online advertising.
- Big data applications with python & spark: Based on Hadoop/Spark and ASW Platform, used Python to build and interpret three popular Big Data applications: Recommendation Systems (user - based and item-based), Text Mining, and Social Network Analysis models for data analysis.
- Utilize SPSS to build clustering model to characterize the consumption patterns of regions and channels by clustering on the annual spending figures.
- Customer churn prediction based on NLP: Utilize SPSS to do the text analytics based on natural language processing (NLP), then extract the key attributes to build clustering model and classification model, combine predictions both from clustering and classification models in a stacked model to improve the prediction accuracy.
Senior Software Engineer
- Design, development, and trouble-shooting for Confidential CIM which is a marketing analytics software package, also known as CRM. Make contribution to more than 100 worldwide clients to automate their marketing campaign creation and management. Technology involved includes Confidential data warehouse, data model, SQL, Java, J2EE, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, EXTJs, GWT.
- Collaborated with off-shore PM and DEV team to design and implement OLAP analysis to provide clients a visualization tool to present transaction analysis report (such as behavior trend analysis, cross-segment analysis) clearly.
- Lead developer in charge of ‘SQL generation’ function which is to allow clients to locate the best leads for the marketing campaigns based on various strategy without writing SQL, simplify the leads selection process and improve efficiency of marketing campaign.
- Domain expert for data model tuning based on the specific business logic in client’s site, resolve the client’s issue in high efficiency.
- Effectively delivered solutions for more than 50 software issues independently reported by global clients each year by source code evaluation, analyze the accuracy of the data model in client site, and root cause analysis to lead to a resolution of the issue to improve customer satisfaction.
- As the principle software engineer responsible for the issues derived in ‘SQL generation’, a strategic and complex module in CIM, I help cross-trained and mentored newer employees to improve the work efficiency of the whole team.
- Provide global technical support for other teams (such as QA group, global service department) to ensure that the issue was resolved in time and ensure a successful delivery of maintenance release to clients’ site every two months.
- Responsible for 5 or 6 emergency code packages each year to correct high priority issues found at the client site to make sure the software run smoothly for 7*24 in clients’ site.
- Lead developer in charge of parsing Confidential by calling DB kernel interfaces to generate the table topological graph for ‘Data Generator project’, which is to develop a database tool to generate random data according to given database schema and data statistic information to mimic the real data in customer site to help to test database function without the sensitive data from clients' site.
Software Engineer & Development lead
- Promoted to development lead after one year based on proven leadership skills
- Led a team of five to seven engineers to develop an Office-Automation system and supported implementation and utilization
- Ensured system deliverables met requirements and were completed on-time and on-budget
- Customization development based on the Office-Automation product, such as OA for Peking University. Analysis the requirement from customer, delivered solution and implemented based on product
- Pre-sale support for Henan Xinmi e-government solution to help to improve efficiency of government work