- Strong SQL Server skills (10 years) - TSQL (stored procedures, functions, triggers), SSRS and SSIS (SQL 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012 and 2016)
- Strong MS Access development (12 years) - database design, reporting, forms and complex VBA using all programming constructs
- Microsoft Business Intelligence concepts
- Skilled organizing disparate information into efficient systems for collecting, retrieving and reporting data using relational databases.
- Experience learning how to use new software and hardware
- Experience teaching others to use software
- Strong communication skills
- C#, VB.net and Powershell
Confidential, Rochelle Park, NJ
SQL Server Developer
- Developed new reports, corrected and expanded complex reports using TSQL Stored procedures and SSRS
- Migrated databases from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2016
- Frequently created ad-hoc TSQL queries for financial analysis
- Set up and maintained SQL Agent jobs
- Set up test and development environments for company Dynamics GP, Unanet and in-house developed applications
- Created SSIS package to automate porting production data to a test environment
- Revamped internal employee database to integrate SharePoint document functions with MS Access and SQL Server.
- Performed dba functions including SQL backup and maintenance operations
- Provided desktop support and assisted with networking issues
- Created Excel macros and VLookups to automate processes and created pivot tables
Confidential, Elmwood Park, NJ
- Created over 50 reports using SQL 2008 TSQL Stored procedures and SSRS including setting up subscriptions for email delivery
- Prepared data extracts for export to a data warehouse using TSQL and SSIS
- Created HL7 from TSQL, Access and VBA
Confidential, Kinnelon, NJ
SQL Server Developer
- Automated system for sales force, done with Excel files, to follow up on contractors with winning bids using SQL Server 2000 and Access.
- Using SSIS, replaced contact tracking system in Excel to SQL Server with an Access front end.
- Developed DTS and SQL Agent jobs to update local tables from remotely stored data.
- Administered a Windows domain with 3 servers (Windows 2003 and 2008) and 40 computers (Windows XP and Windows 7), SonicWall and vpn access.
- Filled client special request reports from SQL queries to Excel files
- Developed DTS and SQL stored procedures to maintain company revenue snapshots.
Confidential - UMDNJ Newark, NJ
- Designed and wrote a laboratory database management system to track over 250,000 laboratory tests including modules to follow samples from collection through reporting results, freezer inventory and shipping tracking. The systems is used both for clinical and research reporting and querying. Initially done in Paradox and later converted to SQL Server with an Access front end.
- Designed and wrote a database tracking effectiveness of HIV medications in preventing mothers from infecting their babies using Oracle and Delphi.
- Built a network of 40 division computers with Novell Netware, including making and running cabling, and helped migrate it to the university Active Directory. Provided the first line of network support for division computers and users.
- Converted a system of tracking international laboratory testing quality assurance data from a series of complex Excel files to an Access database with flexible querying and reporting functions including tracking site correspondence.
- Created Access databases for tracking division purchase orders, laboratory quality control and to track equipment usage time and billing.
- Provided technical support for division computer users including doctors, nurses, laboratory technicians and secretaries including informal training of users in Office, GroupWise email and scheduling and WordPerfect.
- Wrote sections of grant applications applying to computing capabilities and involved in proofreading grant applications.
- Went to Guyana to write the national immunology testing laboratory database including code to automate calculations and quality control procedures.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Created a Labor Analysis Business Intelligence solution for a fictitious national construction company.
- Existing data from diverse data sources were consolidated into a uniform SQL Server 2005 database. SQL Server Integration Services was used to define imports of the data, build scheduling packages, to define integration flow, log data error exceptions and orphaned data and to define Database Maintenance Plans and send emails.
- Created a number of cubes, dimensions and business critical KPIs using SQL Server Analysis Services representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance.
- Developed several detail and summary reports including line and pie charts, trend analysis reports and sub-reports according to business requirements using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Implemented business intelligence dashboards using Excel Services producing different summary results based on user view and role membership.
- Created score cards with executive summary dashboards using MS Office Performance Point Server 2007 Dashboard Designer that display performance monitoring measures for sales, sales trends, and book return rates for a fictitious book publisher deriving data from a SQL Server 2005 OLAP data source and deployed them to SharePoint sites. The dashboards also contain drill-down capabilities to view book sales by book category and customer, through summary reports and sales trend charts.