- Expert knowledge and 6 years plus of proven IT systems and database administration skills acquired through years of hands - on training and participation in multi-platform operational environment, with effective academic training and a steady track record on job practical experience. Highly adaptable to change and able to learn and implement new ideas per business request and great efficiency that guarantees client satisfaction. Able to work effectively with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information, assistance, to resolve their problems, as well as satisfy their expectations. Uncanny ability to identify problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information and use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
DATABASE: (SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/20005/2000/7.0/6.5 , Oracle 11G/9i/ 8.0,, Data Modeling, OLTP,DTS/SSIS,OLAP, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, MS Reporting Services, MS Analysis Services, SSAS, SSRS,BCP
SYSYEMS: Windows server 7,8/XP/NT/2000/98/95, Unix, LinuxRDBMS MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
ETL TOOLS: SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio), SQL Profiler, DTA, SQL Server, Configuration Manager, DTS (Data transformation services)
DEVELOPMENT SKILLS: Transact SQL (T-SQL), SQL(Oracle)/PL/SQL
REPORTING TOOLS: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS),(SSIS) Microsoft Office Suite.
SQL Server DBA
- Worked extensively on Installations and configurations of SQL Server in clustered and non - clustered environment
- Experience with SharePoint, Replication, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server Performance Monitoring tools and OLAP.
- Applied patches and Hot Fix for SQL Server
- Experience setting up transparent data encryption (TDE)
- Worked on Migration of SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 in clustered and non-clustered environment
- Designed and implemented Backup and Restore Strategy on SQL Server
- Implemented SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users
- Extensive knowledge on creating SQL databases, tables, writing and tuning complex SQL queries and generating reports for data analysis
- Performed activities such as Index maintenance, database consistency check, Index Defragmentation and Data partitioning
- Worked on Incident Tickets, Change Requests and Problem Management
- Assisted application team on Investigation, diagnose and resolve of any database problem within SLA
- Monitored and worked on day-to-day operations on troubleshooting SQL Jobs /SSIS/ Access Issues/customer queries
- Worked on Maintaining DB mirroring, Transactional, Peer to Peer Replication, Log shipping and Alwayson Availability Group.
- Monitored and tuned the database for disk usage, optimal performance and integrity.Extensively worked on DBCC commands and Dynamic Management Objects and SSIS Packages
SQL Server DBA
- Provide Production Support for MS SQL Server Databases in High Availabilities
- Perform day - to-day administration on SQL Server environments
- Set up and Configure database Mirroring, Log shipping, Replication
- Ensure database health and integrity across all systems
- Diagnose & troubleshoot issues, Conduct performance tuning for optimizations
- Manage database Capacity growth, refresh data from production to lower environment
- Monitor databases, migrate SQ Server from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008
- Support SSIS, SSRS, Data warehousing
- Manage and implement production release
- Lead the Disaster Recovery
- Install SQL Server in Cluster and Migrate SQL Server from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008
- Set up and configure database Mirroring, Log shipping, support SSRS, SSAS
- Automate maintenance jobs, install services patching
- Identify problems, find root cause and perform tuning to ensure application performance
- Manage database Capacity growth, write stored procedures, triggers
- Maintain & manage Database security, install monitor tools on the Server
- Assist in Cloud Migration to restore databases
- Import and export data in Oracle Data Pump utility
- Manage User security in Oracle and backup database
- Involved in carrying out successful Microsoft SQL Server performance optimizations to provide a quality customer experience.
- Install, configure and upgrade the server to suit the database needs.
- Build up the database architecture and data model.
- Developed T - SQL Scripts with joins, subqueires and co related sub queries where required.
- Designed and Created databases, tables, views, stored procedures, Cursors and DDL & DML triggers. control the access for database by giving security password and permissions
- Worked with the project team to identify/clarify project goals, establish useful milestones, and developed a breakdown of the engineering tasks to be performed.
- Performed Database analysis, design and troubleshooting.
- Optimized the Views, Queries and Stored Procedures to enhance the Reports Performance. Created indexes wherever possible to speed up the queries which in turn enhance the performance of the Reports.
- Created new SSRS Reports in Visual Studio 2008 with enhanced layout and modifications.
- Used Import /Export Wizard to transfer the data from Excel file to table.
- Optimized the Reports performance by checking the Execution Plan and SQL Server Profiler.
- Successfully deployed the reports on the Report Manager.
ENVIRONMENT: MS SQL Server 2012/2008,2005, Windows NT, SSIS, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL MS Access