- 6+ years of experience on SQL Server Database design, development and administration.
- Experienced in developing logical and physical data models, preparing technical design documentation, capacity planning, designing high availability and disaster recovery solutions, and installation of SQL Server in clustered environments.
- Experience in the agile software development process including working with the business to prioritize requirements into logical and manageable groups for rapid intake into the agile development process, based on development resource capacity.
- Experienced in determining database structural requirements by analyzing use - cases and performance objectives, including high availability using database mirroring or SQLAlwaysOn availability group and replication strategies.
- Hands-on experience in SQL Server implementation, maintenance, administration and 24x7 support in multi data center environments that includes development, UAT and Productions infrastructure.
- Expertise with using third party tools like Red Gate SQL compare, Data compare, SQL monitor, Quest Foglight etc.
- Experienced in migration from Data Center to MS Azure Cloud in both IaaS and PaaS platform. Experienced in implementing different types of Replication models like Snapshot, Merge and Transactional (P2P).
- Experienced in MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 installation with latest service pack, configuration, performance tuning, client/server connectivity, query optimization, Database Maintenance plans, Database Consistency Checks using DBCC.
- Extensively experienced in Capacity planning, Disaster Recovery, troubleshooting, backup and restore procedures.
- Experienced in overall database design, such as creating normalized databases, authentication, query tuning, assigning proper indexes, creating stored procedures, functions, triggers and data types.
- Extensive knowledge in Tuning SQL queries & improving the performance of the Database.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining of Databases, creating Roles and managing user permissions.
- Good experience in resolving blocking and Dead lock Issues by using SQL commands.
- Experienced in Creating, Configuring and deploying various applications using SSRS and SSIS packages in Test and Production environments.
- Experienced in Data Loading, ETL process and Supported Cube Processing in SSAS and Transferred data to Data Warehouse Environment (ETL) using SSIS.
- Experienced with recovering SQL Server in disaster conditions, performed production support for critical servers.
- Experienced with using version control/source storage systems.
- Experienced in Data Modelling (Logical and Physical Design of Databases), Normalization and building Referential Integrity Constraints.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000, ORACLE, MS Access, MySQL
Database Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Analysis Services, Business Intelligence & Development Studio and Erwin
Development skills: T-SQL, PL/SQL,SSIS/SSRS/SSAS, Oracle
Languages: T-SQL, HTML, XML
ETL Tools: DTS, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), Informatica.
Reporting Packages: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Objects, Crystal reports, MS Excel
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX. PowerShell.
Tools: /Methodologies: MS Visio, Erwin, MS Project, SQL Profiler, SQL*Loader, TOAD for SQL Server and Oracle, SQL Security
Confidential, Reston, VA
SQL Data Base Administrator (DBA)
- Involved in database consolidation project where we migrated 45+ stand-alone database into SQLAlwaysOn infrastructure that covers our high availability and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Responsible for managing SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Responsible for configuring and managing on premise and cloud-based servers and maintain database servers and processes, including designing and implementing Database High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) infrastructure in multiple data centers.
- Responsible for installing and maintaining SQL Server database systems. Maintaining the database systems includes successful backups, resolving system issues, opening cases with technical support to resolve issues, monitoring success and failure of automated jobs, monitor system availability, updating system documentation, system and database recovery, etc.
- Responsible for providing SQL Server problem resolution and 24x7 production support and server outages.
- Responsible for providing database administration in terms of performance, maintenance, synchronization, security, and accessibility of production Microsoft SQL Server database systems with demonstrated proficiency in database replication, backup and restore, performance tuning and scalability. These enterprise database systems support Microsoft SharePoint Portal Services, Microsoft System Center.
- Responsible to set up maintenance plans for proactively monitoring the performance of all SQL Server databases including monitoring failed and long running MS SQL Server jobs. Monitor, tune and analyze database performance and allocate server resources to achieve optimum database performance using Fog Light application.
- Resolved post-migration dependency issues of databases using SSIS packages.
- Monitored the health and performance of SQL OS, server instances and home-grown applications using Extended Events, SQL server Profiler, Perfmon and other third party tools.
- Tested newly built servers for performance impact with DB load simulators.
- Created necessary T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, tables, views, functions, triggers and indexes.
- Operated and oversaw database and log backups and restoration, planning backup strategies, and scheduling.
- Optimized the Indexes, adding/deleting them when necessary for better performance.
- Verified backups and error logs on the servers and troubleshoot any failures or alert problems, and open trouble tickets if necessary to work with technicians from other departments.
- Responsible for Installing, configuring and maintaining SQL failover clustering for production environments.
- Involved in improving database performance using Extended Events, SQL Profiler, Trace Flags, Execution plan and DTA and third-party tools.
- Worked with installation, configuration and creation of SSRS.
Environment: Linux, Windows 2008/2012 Server, Oracle, SQL Server 2012/2014, MS Office, ALM, UFT, Java, Jira, XML, HTML, MS SQL Server, MS SQL Server Integration Services, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, T-SQL, Team Foundation Server, ASP.NET.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
SQL Server DBA
- Involved in Installation, Upgrade and Configuration of SQL Server, Performance Monitoring, Tuning, Profiler Trace.
- Worked with Automation and Monitoring Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail, Pager and Notification Services.
- Worked on Security and Grants, Managed Permissions for user/logins and assigned server/database roles.
- Performed Backups, Mirroring and Database Restore, Log Shipping, Replication, Cluster Solution.
- Worked on Clustering servers and maintained Active/Passive Clustering Servers.
- Administered the MS SQL Server by creating user logins with appropriate roles, dropping and locking the logins, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups, granting the privileges to users and groups.
- Responsible for Code Move which includes Moving the different database objects from Development Environment to Test Environment and then finally to Production Environment.
- Used Red Gate SQL Compare for promoting SQL Server Objects to Test and Production Environments.
- Used Red Gate SQL Data Compare to synchronize data between Production, Test and Development environments.
- Created SSIS Packages for migrating the data across different servers and other databases.
- Installed SQL Server 20008, and the service packs installation based on the errors and flows that are found in the applications.
- Used DMV’s and Database Consistency Checker commands to check physical and logical consistency of the databases and Rebuild indexes.
- Monitored NT Event log for system, application errors, available disk space, Backup registry, keep emergency repair disk as current and responsible for Query optimization and Performance tuning
- Monitored Server Level Blocks/deadlocks & Maintain all the OLTP Servers with Maximum Database Availability, Reliability & Investigate and resolve any Database Related issues /performance related issues with Minimal Downtime & Maximum Reliability.
- Coordinated hardware and software installations and upgrades to ensure work is performed in accordance with company policy.
- Recommended resolutions to complex matters of significance and coordinate the implementation of the approved course of action.
- Coordinated testing, upgrading and configuration of system files and services. Ensured changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2008R2, SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and Windows 2003 Server.
Confidential, Golden Valley, MN
- Installed MS SQL 2008 servers on production, Test and Development boxes.
- Handled user requested issues through Service Tickets.
- Involved in Change Control Management is the discipline of systematically identifying and controlling change requests to a project from both internal and external sources.
- Created database objects like tables, views, indexes, stored-procedures, triggers, cursors
- Successfully installed SQL servers 2008 on cluster server.
- Involved in creating logins, groups, users, roles, database devices, databases, mirroring devices, checking for database consistency, fixing DBCC errors, monitoring error logs, database space allocations, transaction log space allocations, fine tuning SQL performance.
- Migrated SQL Server 2005 database to MS SQL Server 2008.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery strategies Implemented.
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate the data from database to Text files.
- Deployed builds in Production servers for schema changes.
- Successfully Configured Snapshot, Transactional and Transactional with updatable subscription in Replication.
- Created Maintenance Plans for production servers (Full, Differential and Transactional Backups).
- Analyzed long running slow queries and tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
- Monitored and modified Performance using execution plans and Index tuning.
- Created Linked servers for retrieving data from other Servers including Oracle.
- Co-coordinated with the programmer analyst for optimizing query, writing stored procedures.
- Conducted Root Cause Analysis of application availability and narrow down to issues related to coding practices, database bottlenecks, or network latency.
- Resolved Locking and Blocking issues by using various SQL server internal commands.
Environment: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2005, SSIS, SSRS, OLAP, OLTP, ETL, Replication, Clustering, Microsoft Office, SharePoint Portal Server 2003, .NET, LiteSpeed