- 6 Years of professional experience as a Software developer.
- Over 4 years of experience with expertise in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse applications.
- Experienced in analysis, design, development, implementation and test SQL Server Applications.
- Experienced in Developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the Data warehouse from heterogeneous data sources.
- Built an ad - hoc analytical solution using SSAS, Power BI and Excel 2016 that provided insight into key measures.
- Performed tabular slicing and dicing capabilities, which helped with inventory management and refined the process more efficiently to the market.
- Worked directly and continuously with senior business leadership iteratively to deliver reports and charts via Excel, Power BI and SSAS.
- Developed reports using SSRS on SQL Server and good understanding of SSAS and OLAP cube.
- Experienced in developing Parameterized, Chart, Graph, Linked, Dashboard, Scorecards, and Report on SSAS Tabular schema using DAX queries manipulation.
- Good understanding of Data Warehousing Concepts, Multidirectional and tabular cubes.
- Experienced in developing SQL queries and using different Joins on multiple tables to perform Back-end Testing.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts, very co-operative team player, fluent communication skills and interpersonal skills, innovative and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to accomplish critical business objectives and to make decisions under pressure.
- Big Data:
- Experience in Hadoop architecture and various components.
- Passionate about Hadoop and Big Data technology.
- Knowledge in Widows Azure, SQL Azure, COSMOS and HDInsight.
- Exposed to all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and experienced to work as a team member as well as an individual performer under the large development groups.
- Securing in depth working experience in data modeling, designing and creating table/views, writing intermediate/advanced level scripts, stored procedures, against SQL Server/ORACLE relational databases.
- Experienced with version control systems Git, SVN, MVN
- Excellent work ethics, self-motivated, and team oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Programming Languages: C#, Java, C, C++
Database: SQL Server, SQL Azure, Oracle, MySQL, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), DB2
Development Tools: Visual Studio, Power BI, SQL Developer (Oracle), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Windows Power Shel
Big Data: HDFS, Hive, HBase, Pig, Oozie
Web: ASP.NET, XML, JSON, Web services
Sr. Data analyst
Confidential, Redmond, WA
Environment: SQL Server, Excel, Power BI, SSAS tabular
- Analyzed data coming from different data sources and queried them and developed custom reports and ad-hoc reports.
- Built custom reports for CPE (Customer Partner Experience) in Excel pivot tables, created efficient mappings and data models.
- Worked on power BI dashboards involves DAX complex functions and calculations.
- Built Pivot table reports, dashboards in Power BI, used efficient DAX and also working with new version of Power BI.
- Used SQL Server database as backend and did complex queries and T-SQL per reporting needs, handled large volume of data.
Business Intelligence Developer
Confidential, Pittston, PA
Environment: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server, SQL Server Data Tools, Azure, Power BI
- Built complex Power Pivot models, delivered self-service reporting and ad-hoc reporting
- Presented tile data in reports using power BI
- Developed data Power View, Power Pivot, Power Query and Power Map to retrieve, analyze and present data in well-designed visualizations and wrote T-SQL scripts for the additional functionality.
- Performed data discovery, data validation, defined metrics and built those metrics into dashboards
- Developed personalized dashboards for the general manager, directors and Sr. business managers
- Acted as a mentor and educator providing technical guidance and unblocking team solutions
- Attended SCRUM meetings and prioritized team backlog
- Quickly shifted priorities to fulfill ad-hoc data requests for executives on last minute requests
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Gathered the business requirements from the Business Partners and Subject Matter Experts.
- Worked with Data Modeler and DBAs to build the data model and table structures.
- Actively participated in discussion sessions to design the ETL job flow.
- Worked with 10+ source systems and got batch files from heterogeneous systems like Unix/windows/oracle/mainframe/db2.
- Handled 20 TB of data volume with 10 Node cluster in Test environment.
- Used to manage and review the Hadoop log files.
- Supported Map Reduce Programs those are running on the cluster and also Wrote MapReduce jobs using Java API.
- Involved in HDFS maintenance and loading of structured and unstructured data.
- Imported data from mainframe dataset to HDFS using Sqoop. Also handled importing of data from various data sources (i.e. Oracle, DB2, Cassandra, and MongoDB) to Hadoop, performed transformations using Hive, MapReduce.
- Wrote Hive queries for data analysis to meet the business requirements
- Analyzed the data by performing Hive queries and running Pig scripts to know user behavior.
Environment: Hadoop, Java, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Linux, XML, Eclipse, Cloudera, CDH4/5 Distribution, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle 11i
Senior BI Developer
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
Environment: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server, SQL Server Data Tools, Excel
- Performed most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management Studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts and Batches.
- Developed T-SQL procedures for a functionality to retrieve a particular scenario to get results from claims and company tables.
- Designed and implemented Views and other application database code objects to help with complex mappings.
- Transferred data from MS Excel, Flat Files etc. to SQL Server using SSIS/ETL using various data transformations components like data conversion, look up transformations etc. Created derived columns from the present columns for the given requirements.
- Created several batch processes which loads data from DB2 (AS400), MS Excel, MS Access, Flat Files etc. to SQL Server on daily basis based on the business requirement.
- Involved in Initial designing and creating Use case diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and class diagrams using the MS Visio Tool.
- Involved in developing Zip code wise display page using C#, ASP.NET.
- Designed and developed user interfaces of Agent finder using ASP.NET, HTML and CSS.
- Developed SQL scripts and used in ADO.NET.
- Developed SQL queries to retrieve different scenarios of type of agents and insurance plans.
Software Development Engineer
Environment: C#, SCCM 2007, SQL Reporting Services, XML, SQL Server, WMI, WQL, windows XP, Vista,2000,2003,2008 (x64, x86), Product Studio
- Developed Systems Center Configuration Items for x86 and x64 OS.
- Registry queries development using WQL and WMI.
- Built up machines with active directory (like central site, clients etc.) with different windows OS (XP, Vista, 2000, 2003, 2008) manually and with automation scripts.
- Developed baselines, assigned to client machines in Desired Configuration Management (DCM) using SCCM.
- Used Desired Configuration Management Model Verification tool, transformation of xml files to SML.