- Around 8 years of IT experience in Database Design, Data Modeling, Migration, Development, Administration, Relational Database Management Systems, Implementation using SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008
- Highly proficient in the use of T - SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, views, indexes, user profiles, Relational Database models, Data integrity, query writing and SQL joins.
- Experience in developing, modelling, monitoring, extracting and transforming data using DTS/SSIS, Import Export Wizard, and Bulk Insert.
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance and specifically waterfall and Agile Scrum methodology with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- High expertise in creating Reports of all types in SSRS, like Ad-hoc Reports, Drill-Down Reports, Drill-Through Reports, parameterized Reports, Pivot and Tabular Reports based on client requirement.
- Extensive experience with monitoring, tuning, analyzing DB performance and allocating server resources to achieve optimum DB performance by performing various query-optimization techniques.
- Experience on publishing Power BI reports on dashboards in Power BI server.
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions based on business requirement.
- Experience in creating SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication modes as a part of security policies for various categories of users.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Highly skilled in configuring and creating SSIS(ETL) solutions for ETL and Business Intelligence Process for Data Integration and Migration services and managing Event Handlers, Package Configurations, User-defined Variables for SSIS(ETL) Packages.
- Experience in transforming unstructured data from various data sources using SSIS (ETL) Transformations like Conditional Split, Lookup, Merge Join and Sort and Derived Column for cleaning bad data, validating data.
- Created SSIS (ETL) packages using package logging, Breakpoints, Checkpoints and Event handling to fix the errors.
- Experienced in Data Conversion, Normalization and Data Modeling, Multi-Dimensional Modeling and involved in creation of Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Star Schema and Snowflake dimensional schema.
- Expert in able to drive Status meetings, Program meetings, Technical Team meetings and weekly dashboards.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, comfortable in interaction with both business and technical team members.
- Experience in working with multiple teams under strict deadlines.
- Quick learner, adaptive and possesses good inter personal skills and work ethics.
- Excellent communication skills, diligent and good team player.
- MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008
- Visual Studio 2010/2012/2013/2015/2017
- MS SQL Server Integration Service SSIS(ETL)
- MS AZURE
- Core Java
- MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
- MS SQL Analysis Services(SSAS)
- Tableau Desktop
- Power BI
- Microsoft Access 2007/8.0
- Microsoft Excel
- MS SQL Profiler
- Microsoft dynamics CRM
- SQL Query Analyzer
- Database engine tuning advisor
- Excel VBA
- Crystal Reports 8.5
- MS Visio 2005/2010.
Confidential, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Senior SQL Server SSIS/SSRS/ Power BI Developer
- Responsible for overseeing the company's requirements, development, testing and deployment of Microsoft CRM projects
- Integrated SQL Server 2014 with CRM using SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, and Importing/Exporting data from legacy data sources using SSIS.
- Developed complex reports and Documents using SSRS and deployed into MS CRM
- Extensively work with MS Dynamics CRM reports, Dashboards, SSRS and Out of the box reports.
- Pulled the data from SQL Server with CRM from legacy data sources using SSIS.
- Used SSRS to develop different kinds of reports like canned, ad-hoc reports for the State and Local Agency users.
- Develop reports using complex formulas and to query the database to generate different types of ad-hoc reports using SSRS.
- Used Package Configurations to make use of same SSIS package in Dev/Testing/Prod Environments
- Build efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex Transforms and type 1 and type 2 slowly changing dimensions.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements with error handling.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Good at building Sales \ Marketing Dashboards and customizing dashboards in MS Dynamics CRM
- Used Complex Stored Procedures, Views and Temporary Tables, Joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases as per the requirement.
- Extensively used T-SQL in constructing User defined Functions, Views, Indexes, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Data Dictionaries, and Data Integrity.
- Created Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Charts, Matrix reports, Linked reports Cross-Tab reports, Drill down reports & Summary reports by Using SSRS.
- Created report snapshots to improve the performance of SSRS.
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Experience with Many visualization and Power BI semantic Layer.
- Utilized Power BI (Power View) to create various analytical dashboards that depicts critical KPIs such as legal case matter, billing hours and case proceedings along with slicers and dicers enabling end-user to make filters.
- Utilized Power Query in Power BI to Pivot and Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Implemented several DAX functions for various fact calculations for efficient data visualization in Power BI.
- Created SSRS reports from scratch using CRM Report Wizard and Visual Studio 2012(BIDS)
- Worked on troubleshooting process, issues, and errors using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Involved with Query Optimization and Performance tuning to increase the performance of the Report.
- Created scripts and SQL jobs to facilitate database backup and recovery, server and data processing monitoring and alerting
Tools: MS SQL Server 2014, SSIS(ETL), T-SQL, Power BI, .NET, MS CRM, SSRS, TFS, SSMS, SharePoint, MS Access, Excel, Visual Studio 2012
Confidential, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/Power BI Developer
- Extract data from various heterogeneous sources like DB2, oracle, SQL server into SQL server database and data warehouse by using SQL server integration services SSIS(ETL).
- From staging database loaded data into data warehouse and transform and load into Dimension and Fact tables in Data Warehouse using SSIS.
- Responsible for rebuilding the indexes and tables as part of performance tuning
- Worked on troubleshooting process, issues, and errors using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Proficient in creating dynamic packages for Incremental Loads and Data Cleaning in Data Warehouse using SSIS(ETL)
- Created Ad-hoc reports Using Report Builder, generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services ( SSRS ).
- Worked on-demand report and scheduled reports for business analysis and management decisions using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) by utilizing Subscription.
- Created interactive reports with SSRS, using the report parameters, query parameters, Filters and Expressions.
- Using SSRS, Deployed and generated reports of each quarter onto the Report Server to access it through browser.
- Designed SSRS reports with sub reports, dynamic sorting, defining data source and subtotals for the report.
- Created Jobs Performance reports that queries system tables to track the duration of each job and weekly-average duration using SSRS.
- Designed complex data intensive reports in Power BI utilizing various graph features such as gauge, funnel, line better business analysis
- Utilized Power BI (Power Pivot/View) to design multiple scorecards and dashboards to display information required by different departments and upper level management.
- Good at creating different visualizations in Power BI using Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps, Scatter, Bullets, Heat Maps, Tree maps, etc.
- Published reports into Power BI service and schedule the datasets and dashboards, providing row level security.
- Implemented ETL to Extract and Transform data from Flat File or CSV, Excel instance and to load into Staging Database.
- Created Dynamic SSIS(ETL) packages using expressions, variables and control flow Components such as For Each Loop, For Loop to loop over a Directory to load inbound files coming daily.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS(ETL) packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Extensively worked on production support that includes Deployment of SSIS Packages into Development, Production Servers, Creating, Scheduling and Managing the SQL Jobs.
- Expertise in creating the Star Schema, MDX cubes and dimensions using SSAS.
- Extensively involved in the SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Involved in creating calculated members, named set, advanced KPI’S for the SSAS cubes.
- Created Complex Stored Procedures Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications and queries to pull data out of database for generating reports
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring performance, integrity and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
- Created the automated processes for the activities such as database backup processes and SSIS Packages run sequentially using SQL Server Agent job.
- Created stored procedures and views in order to get audit count for daily, weekly and monthly process and added those in the BPA automation as a task.
Tools: MS SQL Server 2016, SSIS(ETL), Power BI, T-SQL, .NET, IM 6.7, SSRS, TFS, SSMS, SSAS, Teradata, Oracle, MS Access
Confidential, Princeton, New Jersey
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer
- Worked with project lead and business users to understand business processes, gather and document project requirements and translate them into functional and non-functional specifications for BI reports and applications.
- Created logical data model from the conceptual model and its conversion into the physical database design using forward engineering in Erwin.
- Designed and developed Complex SSIS (ETL) packages for auditing using SQL SERVER Integration Services SSIS (ETL).
- Identified Dimensions and Facts, Used MDX to extract data from cubes and Created MDX script for representing Cube Calculation.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Developed Excel Power View, Power Query and PowerPivot dashboards for data analysis.
- Created various reports like Tabular reports and Matrix reports in Power BI
- Created Power BI Reports and effective Visualizations on Import Connection and published to Power BI Service
- Performed Query optimization & Performance Tuning.
- Formatted the SSRS reports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Scheduled SSRS reports using reports server to run as per business user requirements.
- Provided design, implementation and maintenance for custom reports and quarterly reports as bar charts for the management using different techniques like data filtering, adding interactivity, deploying reports to report server using SSRS.
- Creating and maintaining complex stored procedures, Extended System SP, Triggers, views, Tables, user defined functions, DBCC commands.
- Implemented Database Mirroring and Log Shipping as part of Disaster Recovery.
- Implemented SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various Categories of users.
- Responsible for creating database objects like Views, Store Procedure, Triggers, Functions etc. using T-SQL to store data and to maintain database efficiently.
- Used ETL to implement the SCD transformation, to maintain historical data in data warehouse. Applied various data transformations like Data Conversion, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Derived column in SSIS(ETL).
- Developed and deployed data transfers packages using SSIS, also maintained the jobs running on Servers.
- Worked SQL Server Agent Jobs for scheduling jobs related to .Net applications and SSIS(ETL) Packages.
- Created SSIS(ETL) Packages to perform filtering operations and to import the data on daily basis from the OLTP system, Staging DB to Data warehouse and Data marts.
- Responsible for implementation of data viewers, SSIS Logging, error configurations for error handling the packages.
- Deploying, Testing and Scheduling SSIS(ETL) packages using SQL Agent.
- Developed Custom Functions, Manual Running Totals and Complex Formulas for reports used calculations, sorts, filters and sections to enhance data presentation in reports.
- Developed many Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Drill down Reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Highly involved in automating reports generated weekly and monthly basis for the client and business sales teams.
- Worked with production control team to deploy code and for schedule run in both staging while testing and production. Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call production support for daily job and ETL loads.
- Adding Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to the cube to evaluate business performance.
Tools: MS SQL Server 2014/2016, T-SQL, ODBC, .NET, SSIS(ETL), SSRS, Win 2003 Advanced Server
Confidential, New York, New York
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer
- Worked with application developers and production teams across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options.
- Successfully installed and configured MS SQL Server on the production server.
- Automated the migration of data from Oracle DB to MS SQL Server DB using Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA).
- Generated assessment reports to analyze the scope and complexity of the migration projects.
- Converted the Oracle DB objects to MS SQL Server DB objects like tables, views, and stored procedures.
- Excellent in Building underlying queries for SSRS Report.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS(ETL) packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS(ETL) Packages.
- Experience in BI Development and Deployment of DTS, SSIS(ETL) packages from MS-Access, Excel, DB2 and Oracle.
- Created SSIS(ETL) packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task.
- Created indexed views and appropriate indexes to reduce the running time for complex queries.
- Designed a new schema design for the data warehouse using dimensional modeling and developed it using the Erwin tool.
- Worked with Various control flow tasks such as Sequence containers, for loop container, Execute SQL Task, Dataflow task, SMTP Task, FTP Task, File System Task, WMI Event Watcher, Web Service Task, Script task for implementing custom functionality using C#. NET and VB.NET.
- Migrated the entire schema as well as data into MS SQL Server and also validated the migration process to ensure that it has been successfully migrated.
- Performed various transformations like conditional split, sorting and included data about the environment using the audit transformation.
- Designed drilldown, drill through, and parameterized report using SSRS.
- Deployed generated reports onto the Report Server to access it through browser.
- Designed, reviewed, and created primary objects such as views, indexes, views and store procedures.
- Worked with User Defined Functions, triggers to store data into appropriate tables as and when data arrives and created indexes to the tables that have least update to improve the query performance.
- Defined referential relationships with the measure groups and fact tables.
- Documented the development work and production release for future reference.
Tools: MS SQL Server 2012/2014, SSIS(ETL) 2013, .NET, Visual Studio 2013, T-SQL, MS Access, Windows XP, Erwin v 7.0.
Confidential, Melville, New York
Senior SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing database using Erwin on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Installed SQL Server and Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Designed SSIS(ETL) Packages to transfer data from various sources like Text Files, XML Files, SQL Server, Excel and Access to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Applied various data transformations like Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Derived column.
- Wrote T-SQL queries, Store Procedures and used them to build packages in SSIS(ETL).
- Handled slowly changing dimensions to maintain the history of the data in SSIS(ETL).
- Migrated packages from development server to production server using package configuration.
- Created Cubes and used basic MDX to retrieve the result set for Calculations.
- Created new cubes and modified existing cubes using SSAS to make data available for the decision makers
- Applied conditional formatting in SSRS to highlight key areas in the report data.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Implemented AD HOC reporting with the report builder for the end users.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accepts parameters.
- Generated reports using Expressions and Functions using SSRS.
- Responsible for optimizing all indexes, SQL queries, stored procedures to improve the quality of software.
- Designed, reviewed, and created primary objects such as views, indexes based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints.
- Improved Performance of the database by creating Clustered and non-clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Used SQL Server profiler for auditing and analyzing the events, which occurred during a particular time horizon and stored in script.
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as Tuning, Backup, Restoration and Disaster Recovery.
Tools: SSIS(ETL), SSRS, MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, Windows 2003, MS Access
Jr. SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Designing Data Model and implementing changes in the earlier phase of the project to accommodate business logic and dynamic nature of the front-end application.
- Experience in generating On-demand and Scheduled Reports for business analysis or Management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status
- Designed and modeled Microsoft SQL Server data warehouse and data marts, including the modification of existing Microsoft SQL Server data warehouse and data marts.
- Used SSIS packages to roll our data to Live Tables and to Processing Database.
- Developed database objects such as Tables, Triggers, and Indexes using T-SQL, SQL Analyzer and Enterprise Manager
- Develop the Documents for Logging/Error Handling for SSIS(ETL) Packages
- Schedule Package using SQL Server Job for weekly/monthly basis.
- Used Checkpoint for avoiding re-executes Package from the first task.
- Develop the Slowly Changing Transformation to maintain the Historical Data in SSIS(ETL).
- Handling the errors during data moving and Sequencing the task as per requirements.
- Perform T-SQL tuning and optimizing queries for Reports, which take longer time in execution SQL Server.
- Migrated some Crystal reports to SSRS reports manually
- XML result set from Stored Procedures to create custom XML file for third party data export.
- Extensive work on SSIS(ETL) creating all the interfaces between front end application and SQL Server database, then from legacy database to SQL Server Database and vice versa.
Tools: MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2, SSIS(ETL), SSAS, T-SQL, SSRS-2010, MS Visio 2007, Enterprise, Visual Studio.