- Over 6.5 years of experience with focus on database design and development using different tools of ER diagram, T - SQL coding of MS SQL Server.
- Experienced in Finance Industry, Healthcare, E-commerce, Retail, Technology and Energy Sector.
- Expertise in working with the Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), which includes SQL server Integrated Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Good Experience in designing, implementing, maintaining, and documenting complex database applications, and data warehouse.
- Expert level skills in Data Modelling, Data Mapping, Table Normalization, Optimization and Tuning, RDBMS concepts and constructs, Kimball and Inmon Data warehousing methodologies
- Solid understanding of RDBMS database concepts and Experience in writing complex stored procedures, functions, Indexed views and triggers and T-SQL queries for data consistency and manipulation.
- Expertise in creating indexed Views, complex Stored Procedures, effective Functions, and appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency by using SSMS.
- Expert in writing SSIS Template Package using - Configuration, Logging, Error Reporting and Variables in SQL Server Integration Services to make package portable which Deployment and Troubleshooting
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) by using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Extensive experience in Data Migration between homogeneous & heterogeneous systems using various tools (DTS Import/Export Data, Bulk Insert and BCP, SSIS)
- Involved in Data Integration by identifying the information needs within and across functional areas of an enterprise database upgrade and scripting/data Migration with SQL server Export Utility
- Experienced with performing various SSIS data transformation tasks like Look-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Conditional Splits and Event Handlers, Error Handlers etc.
- Experienced in using Audit functions and extensively used exception handling for catching and reporting errors.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills in designing of ER modelling for OLTP and dimension modelling for OLAP.
- Proficient in building Star schema and Snowflake schema depending on business requirements.
- Expertise in Configuring and managing data sources, data source views, cubes, dimensions, mining structures, roles and creating hierarchies with SSAS.
- Expertise in SQL Server reporting services (SSRS)2005/2008 in generating complex reports in cascaded reports, parameterized reports and Ad Hoc reports.
- Experienced in generating Drill through and Drill down reports with Drop down menu option, sorting the data, defining subtotals in SSRS.
- Experienced in dashboard development by using Power BI.
- Experienced on Designing, developing and executing tests that validate the data movement processes that are consistent, repeatable and scalable.
- Expertise in Database Administration operations like Backup, Recovery, Replication and using SQL Profiler.
- Skilled in Query Optimization, Performance tuning, and providing database security by creating users, permissions, and role-based access to data.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project-oriented team player with solid technical skills to develop creative solution for challenging client needs.
Development skills: T-SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, MySQL
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R 2/ 2012/2, MS Access, Oracle 8i/9i,10g/11g/12
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS). SQL Profiler, MS SQL Server Index Tuning Wizard, BIDS, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, DDL, DML, Stored Procedures, UDF, Triggers, DTS. Star Schema/Snowflake Schema modelling, Performance Tuning, Capacity Planning, Data Migration, Import/Export Wizard
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/2003/2000/ NT 4.0, Windows XP/98/95.
Application Packages: Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Visio, Power BI
Other Tools: Visual Studio 2015/2010/2008/2005/2003
Confidential, New York, NY
SQL Server BI Developer
- Involved in the life-cycle of the project, i.e., requirements gathering, design, development, testing and maintenance of the database
- Created Packages which includes Control flow tasks, Data flow tasks, Event Handlers, Breakpoints and Checkpoints in SSIS.
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources for data analyzing, deploying and dynamic configuration of SSIS packages.
- Used Package Logging feature to troubleshoot problems that occurred during the execution of the package during run-time.
- Identified the problems in the data and fixed them on the data flow and validation objects of SSIS. Whenever a new pattern of data problem appears on the incoming data, the problem is logged into the log file, and data is analyzed and immediate solution is provided, validated and implemented into production.
- Performed Data Cleansing and Data Profiling using several transformations like Data Conversion and Derived Column.
- Designed and implemented a Promotion Process to deploy the SSIS Packages, Configuration Files on to different environments.
- Scheduled the SSIS Packages to be run on different environments and monitored the process.
- Added custom logging to new and existing SSIS package to track performance of runtime process.
- Responsible for creating SSRS reports (Drill down, sub-reports, charts, and parameterized linked reports) for paper machine sites using Microsoft SSRS 2008 R2.
- Created Reports using SSRS Dashboard - Parameterized, Drill Through, Drill Down, Link, Chart, Gauge report based on parameter and scheduled Monthly, Quarterly, Daily reports.
- Created summary and executive dashboards using Power BI Desktop and deployed reports to Power BI Service.
- Developed OLAP cubes using SSAS 2008 and Expertise skills in calculating measures and dimension members in SQL Server Analysis Services using multidimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions
- Performed Database administration tasks such as taking backup of tables and databases, Restore a database by moving data from one database of a server to another database of a server using import and export.
- Created various stored procedures using Dynamic SQL, advance T- SQL techniques like Common Table Expressions, ranking functions etc using SSMS.
- Created logical mapping documents and converted into physical mapping document.
- Worked on de-duplication data using SSIS and T-SQL.
- Created User defined functions to encapsulate frequently and commonly used business logic making the system more modular, secured and extensible.
- Wrote T-SQL scripts to validate and correct inconsistent data in the staging database before loading data into database.
- Participating in status meetings, and conducting internal discussions, reviews as well as formal walkthroughs among team members.
- Mapped sources system data elements to target systems and develops, tests, and supports extraction, transformation and load processes - define mapping, sessions and workflow
- Defined and captured metadata and rules associated with ETL processes
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, SSIS, SSRS, Excel, Power BI Desktop, Power BI Web, Visual Studio 2010/2013.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
SQL Server Developer
- Actively participated in interaction with users, team lead, DBAs and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Wrote several SQL Scripts such us finding tables that have Identity Columns, finding tables that do not have primary key.
- Used Joins, correlated and non-correlated sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables from different databases and implemented triggers and stored procedures and enforced business rules via checks and constraints.
- Created indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analyses in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Reduced the T-SQL overhead successfully by avoiding unnecessary use of the UNION, statement & using the TOP operator to limit the Select Statement in certain Queries.
- Created views to restrict access to data in a table for security.
- Direct and/or execute the technical characteristics of the overall strategy of the data warehouse and ETL process.
- Work closely with IT and the Business group to understand business reporting requirements and analyze logical model and develop subject matter expertise in a short time.
- Facilitate Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for gathering requirements for building a data warehouse and data marts.
- Participate in development and execution of tactics and strategies to optimize data quality in data warehouse, and OLAP environment.
- Create and design logical and physical data models using data modeling tool to identify entity & its relationships and define the project’s informational needs. Design Source to target mapping as per the requirement of the client and business rules to load the data from ODS to Data Warehouse.
- Architect the database schema and implement a relational (for ODS) and dimensional model (star schema). Review and maintain the schema, its tables, indexes, views and TSQL procedures in SQL SERVER.
- Lead the application development team in providing support & maintenance of data marts and data warehouses. Maintains the integrity of data movement into the data warehouse and other environments
- Maps sources system data elements to target systems and develops, tests, and supports extraction, transformation and load processes - define mapping, sessions and workflow
- Defines and captures metadata and rules associated with ETL processes
- Review and analyze database performance, cubes and reports generated using SQL SERVER 2012 R2 Reporting Services.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MS Excel.
Confidential, Kansas City, KS
SQL Server Developer
- Analyzing different user requirements and coming up with specifications for the various database applications
- Developing database applications which are automated
- Planning and implementing capacity expansion in order to ensure that the company’s databases are scalable
- Involved in Technical decisions for Business requirement, Interaction with Business Analysts, Client team, Development team, Capacity planning and upgrading of SQL Servers.
- Performed Physical and Logical Data Modeling for databases of varied sizes including VLDBs.
- Involved in Creation, Development and Deployment of SSIS packages in SQL Server 2008.
- Implemented the Snap Shot View as extra layers for high availability of data while the ETL process loading the data in to the SQL Database.
- Developed SSIS packages to extract data from sites (Flat Files, Excel Files OLEDB to Sql Server) and load the data into the Data warehouse.
- Created report formats and delivered personalized messages from the BI platform through MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server to a wide range of users. Worked on Performance tuning of Reports.
- Maintained two different databases: Read-only reporting database and Disaster recovery database
- Developed Stored Procedures, Triggers, and SQL scripts for performing automation tasks
- Performed and fine-tuned Stored Procedures and SQL Queries and User Defined Functions.
- Implemented new T-SQL features in SQL Server 2005 like Partitioning, Advanced Error handling, Common Table Expression (CTE) and LINQ.
- Involved in training Update features for Business solution of SQL Server.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, ORACLE, MS Access, Excel, Visio, BIDS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Visual Studio
Confidential, Manhattan, KS
SQL Server BI Developer
- Developed backup restore scripts for SQL Server as needed.
- Involved in Disaster recovery, database maintenance plan and Implemented replication.
- Designed and implemented data access stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Involved in Performance tuning and Query Optimization.
- Used Active-X scripting in SSIS for transformation of data into staging tables and performed multitask data pump
- Effectively worked on Facts, Dimensions, and Cubes and wrote MDX queries using MS Analysis Services (SSAS). Created stored procedures, views, triggers, user defined functions to in corporate the flow of business and called various stored procedures from DTS to make the flow of DTS effective.
- Implemented various tasks and transformations for data cleansing and performance tuning of packages by using SSIS. Designed and implemented stylish report layouts.
- Identified and worked with Parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS 2005 and BIRT.
- Deployed the generated reports in PDF format and in SSRS 2005 and BIRT
- Designed and developed different type of reports including: tabular forms, matrix form, conditional, list items, charts and sub reports, drill down reports.
- Developed advanced reports with functions, formula, parameterized reports, sub reports, cross tabs, ranking and conditional formatting.
- Scheduled the reports to run on a daily and weekly basis and then review in Excel Spread Sheet
- Created OLAP models based on dimension and facts for efficient loads of data based on Star Schema structure.
- Created lots of cubes, dimensions and business critical KPIs using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance.
- Used Data-Mining tools in SSAS to make prediction, scenario analysis to simulate the future price of the company so that can make the best decision.
Environment: SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, MS Office, Database Engine Tuning Adviser.
SQL Server Developer
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing database using data modeling tool on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Developed Logical and physical data model using data modeling tool and mapped the data into database objects.
- Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, TSQL Scripting for complex business logic.
- Extensively used Joins and subqueries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Optimized the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Increased the performance necessary for statistical reporting by 25% after performance monitoring, tuning and optimizing indexes.
- Created Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of Scheduled Jobs.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Used SSIS to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse
- Created SSIS packages to load data into Data Warehouse using Various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, bulk insert task, data flow task, file system task, send mail task, active script task, xml task.
- Created SSIS Packages to export and import data from CSV files, Text files and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Designed and developed matrix and tabular reports with drill down, drill through and drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Created Ad-Hoc Reports, Summary Reports, Sub Reports, and Drill-down Reports using SSRS.
- Scheduled reports for daily, weekly, monthly reports for executives, Business analyst and customer representatives for various categories and regions based on business needs using SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS).
- Problem identification, troubleshooting, resolution, and index tuning databases.
- Taking Database full Backup, Transaction log backup & differential backup in daily Routine.
- Created Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of scheduled Jobs.
- Diagnosing and tuning the server optimal performance using SQL Server 2008 SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Wizards.
Environment: MS SQL-Server 2005/2008, DTS, ETL Strategies, BI tools, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL server integration services, SQL Server analysis services, T-SQL, MS Access, Microsoft Excel, SQL Profiler, Acrobat reader.