- 5 years of experience in Microsoft SQL including 2014/2012/2008/2008 R2, SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS enterprise editions and exposure to 2016.
- Involvement through the phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, testing, and Post - Production Support.
- Experience in planning, installing, configuring, and managing of SQL 2014/2012 and 2008 R2 server.
- Working with system and user defined databases, database files, and file groups.
- Skill in designing, creating, configuring, monitoring, upgrading, and supporting databases.
- Experience in planning, Implementing, and administering HA/DR solutions like log shipping, Mirroring, Replication, Clustering, and Always on Availability group.
- Proficiency on performance monitoring using SQL server profiler, performance monitor, activity monitor, extended events, Database engine tuning advisor (DTA), and Server side traces.
- Experience in migrating, copying, detaching and attaching, Backing up, and restoring databases.
- Knowledge on capacity planning and storage management, expanding, and shrinking databases.
- Skill on creating database objects like views, indexes, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Extensive experience creating user and groups’ logins, granting necessary permissions, and monitor activities enforcing security policy.
- Setting up, Scheduling and maintenance plans, jobs, notifications, and alerts.
- Creating and configuring and managing partially contained databases, and database snapshots.
- Monitoring, Rebuilding and reorganizing indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Strong understanding in performance tuning, query optimization, and resolving database performance issues including blocking, deadlocking, and index fragmentation.
- Proficient in Creating, implementing, and deploying SSIS packages.
- Skilled in database encryption and column level encryption.
- Implementing, managing and troubleshooting SQL server security, and audit.
- Troubleshooting SQL server by Reading and analyzing event viewer and SQL server error logs.
Confidential, Richmond VA
SQL database administrator
- Designed and normalized relational database models.
- Performed side by side migration from 2008 R2 to 2014 enterprise edition.
- Created tables, views, triggers, functions, and Stored Procedures SQL Server 2014 and 2008/R2.
- Implemented Always ON for High availability on SQL Server 2014/2012.
- Applied transparent data encryption (TDE) to secure databases and backup file .
- Provide analysis and recommendations for setting up a Backup and Recovery Strategy for SQL Servers.
- Performed full, differential, and transaction log backups.
- Used DBCC commands to check physical and logical consistency of databases.
- Used SQL Agent to setup and automate internal processing tasks and backup tasks as well as setting up alerts to monitor the server and database health.
- Created clustered and non-clustered indexes to improve query performance.
- Recommended performance improvement involving index creation, index removal, and index modification .
- Tuned slow running queries using server side traces and SQL server profiler.
- Performed troubleshooting using activity monitor, dmv, dmf, profiler, and performance monitor.
- Created and deployed SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) for ETL processes.
- Created auditing logs user actions at the instance and database level, to monitor elevated privilege users developers, DBA, and connection attempts.
- Meet the established SLA ( system Level Agreement) with the management.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
SQL database administrator
- Installed SQL Server 2014/2012 enterprise edition instance Database engine, SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
- Created synchronized mirroring and configured to automatic failover.
- Implemented and tested the point in time recovery of the production databases.
- Performed database and log backups and restoration, backup strategies, and scheduling backups.
- Backing up system databases and restoring them when necessary.
- Performed in routine database maintenance activities i.e. monitoring of jobs, and performance tuning.
- Created roles and managed user permissions thru adding users, logins, and groups to the databases, and granting/revoking permissions on database objects.
- Implemented Replication models such as Snapshot, Transactional, and Merge.
- Configuring and Managing transactional replication in OLTP environments.
- Managed tables which have frequent inserted, deleted and updated transactions to improve performance.
- Troubleshooting deadlocks and blocking issues.
- Audited database for users’ transaction, login and database action.
- Configured memory, monitored disk usage, and memory usage of servers.
- Created always on for the production databases.