Strategic and analytical data scientist skilled in using data modeling, A/B testing, statistics, data visualization, business intelligence, predictive analytics, and data analysis that address use cases and business requirements. Passion for continuous learning and increasing value provided to others. Known for communicating effectively with team members, clients, and managers on analytic projects. Consulted in different industries with experience in relational databases, machine learning, and data analysis. Expertise in:
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Big Data Consultant
- Reduced operational time and costs by breaking down customer resumes to granular level and building ranking models using KNN and Random Forest, shortening client recruiters’ resume reading time.
- Increased test accuracy 30% for client’s digital marketing segmentation project by creating machine learning models with Decision Trees in Python, filtering customers into different clusters.
- Cut operational time and costs of manually matching images by using unsupervised machine learning to match up similar customer and client images.
- Prevented revenue loss and identified customer attrition targets by creating predictive models for path to purchase and identified areas of attrition risk with retention analytics.
- Communicated effectively with team members and customers by thoroughly documenting processes and results with run - books and codebase for clients.
- Maintained catalog of data sources, calculations, metrics, and uses in a data dictionary, used in identifying objects and relationships for future use.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
Data Analyst Intern
- Created dynamic dashboards and reports that delivered industry insights to key business stakeholders.
- Devised budget forecasting model using Excel for insurance revenue, building revenue targets and predictive analysis.
- Enhanced service offerings and drove related revenue by designing insurance product targeting preferred customer segment by using cost analysis and A/B testing.
Confidential, Davis, CA
Exchange Program Student Leader
- Coordinated events and trips, giving participants 1st-hand experience in experiences unique to US.
- Leveraged effective listening and communication ability in interacting with students in multi-cultural backgrounds.
- Volunteered in collaboration with students at local charities, showing impact of teamwork in community service.
Languages: SQL, C++, Python, R, Shell Scripting, SAS, Spark, Hadoop, LINUX/UNIX
Software: Confidential, Aster, Excel, Tableau, Eclipse
Data Science and Machine Learning Algorithms: Decision Tree, KNN, Random Forest, Clustering, Regression, SVM, PCA Dimension Reduction, NLP, Text