- I enjoy employing leading edge technologies and advanced design configurations in developing the project solution.
- I bring a host of technical experience including application support in VB.NET and scripting, working closely with Windows Server/Systems Administrators in the Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2003 and SQL Server 2014 back to 2000 environments implementing and managing clustered servers. Now I add to my support offerings, datacenter - class server-level enterprise hosting administration.
- Expert experience in high-availability production environments.
- Extensive experience in virtual machine technology solutions.
- Expert experience in failover clustering installation, administration and support.
- Experienced in administration of large number of machines SQL Server farm - datacenter.
- Extensive experience in enterprise/datacenter disaster recovery operations.
- Extensive experience in creating and working problem tickets with Microsoft to successful resolution.
- Experience in large database management and manipulation - 500GB to over 10TB.
- Expert experience in database administration and Microsoft database technologies.
- Experience in data modeling and normalization techniques
- Experience developing in Microsoft VSTS 2008,2010,2012 / TFS and Embarcadero ER Studio data modeling
- Experience in T-SQL Scripts and Trigger development
- Experience in database tuning utilizing SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, PerfMon, Performance Dashboard
- Experience in n-tiered client/server computing technologies
- Experience in data warehousing technology
- Expert in fundamental database administration and security
- Experienced in interfacing with archival backup systems, i.e. Commvault, Networker, DPM, also SCOM
- Maintained high availability of the customer’s data
- Performed tuning and optimized performance throughput the solution as it pertains to the architecture of the system or platform.
- Monitor the database’s health and performance. Server and application level database administration.
- Knowledge of data communications and network infrastructure
- Expert in setting up maintenance plans, creating jobs, database mail.
- Expert in E.T.L TOOLS (S.S.I.S, B.C.P, Import & Export Wizard).
- Expert in SSRS
SQL-SERVER DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Lead SME)
- Working With Department of Defense, Veteran-Affairs, Leidos, Customers on Government deliverable Projects
- Ensuring Right privileges and permissions in Production, QA, Test & Dev Environment. Including NIST & Non-Nist Boundaries/ DIACAP & Non-DIACAP.
- Migrating Databases from Sql 2000 to Sql 2008R2
- Migrating Databases from SQL 2005 to SQL 2014.
- Migrating User logins with/without Password from Old Instance of Sql 2000 to Sql 2008R .
- Working with the Application Team to determine if their applications work with the new compatibility mode.
- Updating Statistics, Rebuilding Indexes on New Server (Index-Optimize).
- Performance Monitoring, Tuning.
- Deployment of OEM Monitoring Tools(Oracle) for SqlServer
- Migrated Microsoft Access Database to SqlServer
- Resolved Cluster Related errors on Windows Server 2003 & Legacy versions of SQL-Server.
- Created a Monitoring Dashboard for Monitoring the Enterprise by creating an effective alerting system which prompts when SQL-Server restarted with the downtime, and active node if applicable.
- Ensuring CPU Load-Balancing after Maintenance Window for Server Patching. Resources are being failed over to secondary nodes during server patching, and prior to Production Hours, I verify that all resources are running on their primarily assigned nodes.
- Updating SQL Server Instance patching with the latest Service packs & OR Cumulative Updates.
SQL-SERVER DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
- Microsoft SQL Server DBA with 10+ years of experience in design, Development and Administration using MS SQL Server 2008, 2012 database environments.
- Extensive experience on both SQL Server Administration and T-SQL Application Development
- Knowledge of Normalization/ Denormalization techniques for OLTP and OLAP environments.
- Used SQL Indexes for improving query performance, lower storage and maintenance cost.
- Experience in optimization tools such as SQL Profiler, Dynamic Management Views (DMVs)
- Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance.
- Hands-on working experience in Installing, configuring, upgrading and managing SQL Server 2008/2012 and upgrading Service Packs for multiple instances.
- Good experience in user management for DBs, maintaining of databases, and providing SQL
- Server security by assigning logins, server and database roles and server permissions.
- Participated in Disaster prevention and Recovery Strategies and supported High availability features like Snapshot Replication, Clustering (Active/Passive) and Database Mirroring.
- Experience in Log Shipping from Primary to Standby servers and SQL maintenance plans.
- Experience involved in using tools like SQL profiler for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server.
- Proficient in developing business application logic using SQL Stored Procedures, Functions and
- T-SQL queries and maintained code repository in Visual Source Safe (VSS) for deployments.
- Created and maintained SQL objects like Tables, Constraints, User defined Functions, Indexes,
- Views, Stored Procedures and SQL scripts, T-SQL queries for developer applications.
- Involved in automation of administrative tasks like creating jobs, schedules, alerts using SQL
- Server agent and monitoring and troubleshooting jobs, event notifications using Database Mail.
- Developed Tabular Reports, Matrix Report, and Charts using SSRS and deployed to Report Server.
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL Tools) data using DTS/SSIS Import/Export utility
SQL-SERVER DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
- Creating of Databases, Database Instances
- Performance Tuning and Monitoring
- Assigning users required rights and privileges to databases and sql instances
- Generating Backup Report daily, and re-running backups before Production goes live
- Capacity Planning and Database Growth Tracker(Monthly basis)
- Training on New Versions and Features of Sql Server