- Over 8+ years of extensive experience in database design, development and administration with MS SQL Server versions 2016/2014/2012/2008/2008 R2/2005/2000 using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS (BI Tools) in various industries.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data using SSIS creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server, Excel file, other databases and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities (Data Warehouse, Data mart)
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and Microsoft Access & Excel spreadsheet.
- Experience with change management, deploying code from DEV to TEST and PROD - using deployment groups in Informatica Repository manager.
- Experience in working with Tableau to generate reports and Dashboards. Expert in SQLServer Import/Export wizard to migrate the Heterogeneous databases such as Oracle and MS Access database, flat files to SQL server 2005. Involved in building and maintaining SSIS Packages to import and export the data from various data sources using BIDS based on the design data models.
- Experienced in Logical and Physical Database design & development, Data Conversion, Normalization and Data modelling using Erwin and SQL Server Enterprise manager. Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube and Architecture using BIDS Experience in creating various reports like drill down, sub reports, parameterized, multi-valued and various Ad hoc reports through Report model creation using SSRS. Proficiency in Developing SSAS Cubes, Aggregation, KPIs, Measures, Partitioning Cube, Data Mining Models, and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Excellent Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle, RDBMS, Data Warehouse & Data Modeling concepts.
- Expertise in Microsoft Suite of products (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSMS) in Development, Test, Production Environments. Even managed large databases.
- Extensively involved in Agile methodology, developing and implementing end to end BIsolutions.
- Proficient in data integration, DTS Migration and transfers using utilities including Data Transformation Services (DTS), SSIS, Bulk copy program (BCP) and Bulk Insert.
- Involved in designing ETL data flows, deploying SSIS packages, creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server and worked extensively on various data sources (Excel, XML, Flat file etc.), Synchronous and Asynchronous transformations using SSIS.
- Experience in job scheduling, SQL mail Alerts using SQL Server Agent.
- Expert in Debugging, Logging, Error handling and Event handling for SSIS Packages.
- Highly experienced in Designing, Developing and Deploying various reports like Tabular, Matrix, Chart, Drill down, List, Ad-hoc, Parameterized, Cascading and other reports using SSRS (Relational and multi-dimensional data)
- Designed and created OLAP cubes, fact and dimension tables with different architecture and data sources for business intelligence and populating/maintaining data marts in SSAS.
- Proficient in creating Indexed Views, complex Stored Procedures, effective functions, and appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency. Experience in writing Distributed Queries between SQL Servers.
- Experience in Data Modeling (Logical and Physical Design of Databases) and Normalization of Databases, building Referential Integrity Constraints and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP (Star Schema/Snowflake)
- Expert in using tools like Index Tuning Wizard, database engine tuning advisor, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning Server Performance.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert, BCP. Interpreting and working with data models, data flows and data dictionaries, logical & physical Data modeling, Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Experience in using Microsoft Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required in Excel, and created SSIS packages to load excel sheets from PC to database.
- Extensive knowledge of addressing performing issues and involved in performance tuning, index tuning, Data Profiling and query optimization.
- Highly involved in automation processes.
- Involved in unit testing and helped Quality Assurance Team to generate Test Plans and Test Executions.
- Enjoys working in collaborative team environment and produced qualitative results
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, SQL, C, C++, XML, HTML, DHTML, HTTP, Matlab, DAX, Python, JAVA, R & Base SAS,Pl/SQL, T-SQL
Databases: MS-SQL Server … Microsoft Access.
BI Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), ETL, Self BI with Excel
Data Structure: Sorting, Priority Queues, Stacks, Hashing, AVL Tree, Binary tree
Protocols: Stop and Wait Protocol, Sliding window flow protocol
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) …, DTSData warehouse, MS Visual Studio 2010/2012, Microsoft Visio, MS Office.
OLAP Tools: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) …
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) … Crystal Reports.
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Visual Studio 2013, SQL Profiler, DQS, Toad for SQL server
Performance Tools: Spotlight, Foglight, Idera, Tivoli, SCOM, Erwin
Backup tools: Idera, Litespeed, Native Backup, Red Gate, PowerShell
Operating Systems: Windows Server … Linux, Unix.
Confidential - Morris plains, NJ.
- Actively participated in gathering business requirements to implement functional and technical specifications.
- Migrating databases\instances from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2017 version.
- Involved in database design along with Data Architect to deliver efficient database prints.
- Designed and created complex SSIS packages to extract data from heterogeneous source systems like OLEDB, EXCEL, and FLAT and to load into other destination systems.
- Possess hands-on experience in dealing with data conversions while dealing with heterogeneous systems.
- Using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes.
- Designed and Developed matrix, tabular and parametric Reports using SSRS 2012.
- Designed and developed Drill down and Drill Through reports with Drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including status.
- Responsible for all project lifecycle phases, from specifications and coding through deployment, testing, debugging, documentation, and maintenance.
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau 8.1. Created report schedules on Tableau server.
- Extensive knowledge of various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau.
- Good experience in writing MDX queries while creating and customizing Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending feature in the tableau and defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Extensive Knowledge of SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Wrote TeradataMacros and used various Teradata analytic functions.
- Involved in migration projects to migrate data from data warehouses on Oracle/DB2 and migrated those to Teradata.
- Worked with Lookup, Derive Column, Conditional Split, and Merge Join, OLEDB Command, and Row Count SSIS data transformations for data accuracy.
- Created design an underlying relational data warehouse, intermediary data source views, hierarchical dimensions, and OLAP cubes in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Created stored procedures to implement configurable business rules and transformations.
- Published Tableau dashboard on Tableau Server or Tableau Online and embedded them into the portal.
- Generated multiple Enterprise reports (SSRS) from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and SQL Server Analysis Services Database (OLAP) and included various reporting features such as group by, drill down, drill through, sub-reports, navigation reports (Hyperlink) etc.
- Worked on Tableau Desktop, Public and Tableau Server. Setting up and configuring a Tableau Server and MS-SQL 2016 server for Data warehouse purpose.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions, and Functions for the reports using SSRS 2016.
- Embedded the reports on to application using MS Report Viewer in Visual Studio.
- SQL query optimization in SSRS by designing required indexes partitions after analysis using SQL profiler and examining execution plans in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Planned the complete backup (with the suitable recovery model) of various Databases to meet disaster recovery scenarios.
- Performance tuning of the stored procedures, user-defined functions, andlong-running queries.
- Experienced in ETL - Extract Transform and Load experience using DTS &SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) in SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2017.
Confidential - Indianapolis
- Worked with business stakeholders, application developers, production teams and across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options.
- Created logging, custom logging and error handling SSIS packages. Grouped, aggregated and split data using SSIS. Developed SSIS packages to automate many FTP's files and email to required list of clients.
- Developed 50 reports from scratch using SSRS reporting for the Bank's accounting department. Involved in analyzing business requirements that will facilitate the planning and the implementation phase of a data mart.
- Created SQL Server Reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2012, 2014, 2016. Create Views, Constraints and Triggers to implement business rules.
- Extensive experience in relational and dimensional data modeling for creating logical and physical design of database and ER diagrams using multiple data modeling tools like ERWIN, ER Studio.
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports. Involved in building the dimensions, cubes with star schema and snow flake schema using SSAS.
- Developing OLAP cubes by identifying tables (fact and dimension), data source and data source views, attributes and dimension members using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) . Generated Script files of the databases whenever changes are made to stored procedures or views.
- Developed SQL ETL packages for updating existing data and loading new data from database tables, Excel files into SQLserver /SQL Azure tables.
- Designed and created data extracts, supporting SSRS, Power BI or other visualization tools reporting applications.
- Involved in Automation of ETL processes and jobs using Power Shell to reduce manual intervention. Experience in Logical Data Modelling and Entity relationship diagram (ERD)
- Strong SQL Query experience using various RDBMS like Oracle, Teradata, Microsoft SQLServer.
- By using Microsoft azure using PowerShell 2015 we are generating query results from SQLserver. Generating PowerShellscripting to avoid errors and used for SSRS.
- Designed and developed ETL processes using Informatica to load data from Teradata, Flat Files to staging database and from staging to the target DataWarehouse database.
- Developed and supported the Extraction, Transformation and Load process (ETL) for a data warehouse from various data sources using Informatica Designer.
- Used agile methodology in the SDLC for the implementation of the project and provided technical and functional support for the project team.
- Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Created reports from data warehouse using SSRS i.e. Drill Down, Drill Through, Sub Reports, Charts.
- Worked on to analyze and visualize the data on day to day basis using T-SQL, SSRS.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012 & 2008R2, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, informatica, OLTP, MDX, Tabular Cube, T-SQL, Power Pivots-SQL, power BI, SQL Agent, SQL Profiler, MS Access, Tableau, MS Excel, & Windows 2003 server, C#, TFS
Confidential - Atlanta, GA.
- Worked in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases including Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing and Maintenance.
- Update procedures, functions, triggers and packages.
- Write T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Implemented complex business logic with Store procedures, User Defined Functions, Views and write T-SQL batches with CTE (Common Table Expressions) for recursive operations.
- Planned, designed and documented the optimum usage of space requirements and distribution of space for the Data Warehouse.
- Develop code on Teradata SQL Assistant
- Wrote complex T-SQL queries for reporting and data extraction from SQL 2005/2008 Server and WonderWare system.
- Developed and scheduled DTS packages for each system Interface using SQL code in combination with VB ActiveX scripts and built-in DTS transformations.
- Created SSIS projects to move data between environments using AWS S3
- Implemented migration on premises data repository and data loads (MS SQL Server, SSIS) to AWSRDS (MySQL, MS SQL), AWS Redshift using DMS, AWS data pipelines, Firehouse.
- Worked on Data Driven Subscription Tables for Quarterly Reports, Monthly Reports as well as Daily Reports.
- Using Azure server for maintaining data to perform SSIS packages and SSRS reports.
- Developed reports by using SSRS and deployed them on web pages using ASP.NET and C#.
- Responsible for Developing GUI Screens using ASP.Net and C#
- Wrote custom tasks using C# within SSIS to enhance processing of both Excel and flat-files into SQL Server
- Work on creating Team projects for Reporting and Integration using TFS.
- Scheduling and monitoring the ETL packages.
- Involved in performing migration of DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Optimized Complex queries using Indexes and execution plan. Implemented normalization techniques on different database.
- Created tabular and matrix reports in SSRS. Wrote stored procedures and functions to create SSRS reports.
- Work with testing teams; perform UAT testing with business users.
- Identified, tested and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSRS 2012, SSIS 2012,.Net Framework 4.5, C#.Net, XML, Entity Framework, Umbraco.
SQL Developer/SSIS Developer/SSRS Developer
Confidential - Bloomington, IL.
- Analyzed standards and specific business requirements utilizing JRD session.
- Worked with Business Analysts in gathering requirements and translating them to technical specifications.
- Using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, web-enabled reporting to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Created jobs for automatically running stored procedures for day-end operations using SQL Server agent such as index rebuild, data loads and summary reports
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports using SSRS 2008.
- Participating in defining ETL strategies, preparing transformation rules and mapping data from source to target
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Implemented security to restrict the access to users and to allow them to use only certain reports.
- Designed and developed efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex transformations.
- Extracted large volumes of data from various data sources and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created SSIS packages for Uploading of different formats of files (Excel, Access, dbf) and databases (SQL server, Flat files) into the SQL Server data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- SQL Server Index Maintenance and Performance Tuning for Large Tables
- Rewrote and tuned long-running SQL queries to cut execution time, ease database load and improve scalability.
- Used Script task to write custom code using C#
- Experience in ETL Data Warehouse environment. Created Jobs in SSIS and was responsible for ETL job scheduled to run daily.
- Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on the requirements.
- Designed SSRS reports with sub reports, dynamic sorting, defining data source and subtotals for the report.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Creating Reports as per user requirements using SQLServer Reporting Services 2008 R2.
- Created different types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Drill Through, OLAP and Sub reports, and formatting them using both SSRS 2008 R2.
- Written complex T-SQL queries and created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions and Views.
- Created data driven subscriptions for different users using Report Manager.
Environment : MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server (MOSS 2007), Crystal Reports, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), C#, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Visual Studio 2010, Windows 7, T-SQL
- Participate in being a member of ICIS team helping users create data, monitoring and resolving issues in the area of Data Management and Integration Services.
- Perform System and Requirement Analysis, design and writing technical design documents and test plans.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures in SQLServer Integration Services
- Worked on creating SSIS packages to upgrade SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Troubleshooting ODBC and OLEDB connection issues in SSIS packages.
- Design and develop mappings, sessions and workflow as per the requirement and Wells Fargo standards
- Design and develop SQL Server 2008 Database, Tables, Indexes, Stored procedures, Views, Triggers.
- Develop the application based on Wells Fargo enterprise architecture framework, which includes Understanding and implementing the Enterprise Architecture Best Practices, Guidelines and Standards, ETL framework and Enterprise Scheduling.
- Utilized a combination of stored procedures and Integration Services to enable required data extract, transform and load procedures and packages (ETL).
- Creating reports using SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) for customized and ad-hoc Queries.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data from various time frame and division using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed various operational Drill-through and Drill-down reports using SSRS in SSIS and T-SQL (SQL Server).
- Review code delivery and manage the version in Team Foundation Server.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures in SQL Server Integration Services.
- Technical Documentation and Perform reviews, design and data manipulation.
- Production Support and resolving the issues.
Environment : SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), Microsoft Office Share Point Server, XML, MS Visual Source Safe and Windows Server 2003.
- Implemented a well-planned backup and restore strategy that protects databases against data loss
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of mappings/transformations based in source-to-target specifications, defining ETL(extract transform, load).
- Developed complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and DTS packages
- Involved in complete SDLC, which includes requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, Implementation
- Involved in designing and writing Stored Procedures, functions and packages using T-SQL for SQL Server 2005
- Used DBCC utilities to fix data corruption in application databases
- Development of Business rules implemented as Constraints, Triggers and or Stored Procedures
- Actively involved in Normalization & De-normalization of database.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2005 on servers.
- Designed DDL and DML for MS SQL Server 2005.
- Using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to populate data from various data sources
- Optimized query performance by creating indexes.
- Involved in writing SQL batch scripts.
- Created scripts for tables, stored procedures and DTS.
- Writing T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of TSQL
- Involved in merging existing databases and designed new data models to meet the requirements.
- Create joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Used DML for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Taking Database full Backup, Transaction log backup & differential backup in daily Routine
- Monitor production Server Activity
- Worked with DTS packages to load the massaged data into Data warehousing system
- Tuned the SQL queries using SQL profiler and involved in tuning the database
Environment : SQL Server 2005 Enterprise, Windows Enterprise Server 2003, Erwin, Microsoft Visio, DTS, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer.