- A highly motivated IT expert; experienced on Business Intelligence, Database development and administration with a compiled of 7 year experience.
- Knowledge of relational database on SQL Server management studio (SSMS), SSRS, and SSIS.
- In - depth knowledge of relational database and SQL procedures including writing complex SQL queries, backups, restores and recovery models and performance tuning techniques.
- Knowledge on creation of Databases Objects, Schemas, Triggers, Views and User Defined Functions.
- Experience in Constraints, rules and default setting, Primary, Foreign, Unique and Default key.
- Developed joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Experienced in Temp tables, table variables and CTEs to enhance performance of queries.
- Created and updated Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up SQL Server Performance.
- Well versed in Normalization/ De-Normalization techniques both in OLTP and OLAP system.
- Experienced in using Try Catch block introduced in SQL Server 2005 and error handling.
- Great deal of experience on authoring, managing and deploying enterprise, ad-hoc, advanced and interactive reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Expert in Data warehouse/Data mart environment Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SSIS, DTS, Bulk Insert, BCP, data cleansing and profiling.
- Well experienced using different transformations tools like Aggregate, Cache Transformation, Character map, Conditional split, Copy column, Sort column, Data conversion, Derived column, Merge, Merge join, Union all, Lookup, SCD, Import and Export column and OLE DB command.
- Implementation of point in time backup and recovery of databases, executing package, deployment, scheduling and managing jobs on SQL Server Agent and maintain good documentation.
- Managed and maintained user’s security and permissions; and migrate database objects from one server to another server and database to another database.
- Participated on multiple disaster recovery mechanisms and high availability techniques.
- Exposure to Analysis gathering in Business and Health Care Domains mainly on HIPAA.
- Knowledge of complete Software Development Life Cycle and work experience in Agile environment.
- Strong analytical, coordination, interaction and team player skill.
- Developed Power BI reports and dashboards from multiple data sources in multiple format.
- Getting pleasure from accepting challenges and excited to learn new experience and skills from others.
- Technology and its advancements are consistently increasing so persistently I stay connected with the most up to date achievements and quickly grasp new products in the IT industry.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2008R 2/2012/2014/2016/2017
Programming Languages: T-SQL, C, C++, PL/SQL, MYSQL
SQL Server Tools: SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Profiler, SQL Server agent, Configuration Manager
Development Environment: SSDT/ Visual Studio 2005/2008/2012/2016
Data Warehouse(ETL)Tools: SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), DTS
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), Power BI, Tableau
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2003/2008 Server, Win 95/98, Vista, Win 7, Win 10, MAC OSX, Bootcamp & Vmware
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Business Intelligence Developer
- Coordinate with business users in gathering business requirements and translating them to technical specifications.
- Involved in developing mainly Microsoft BI Stack solutions.
- Developed new and enhanced existing database objects and SSIS packages to advance functionality and automation of systems
- Designing, expanding, maintaining and monitoring the functionality of ETL and database schemas.
- Configured SSIS packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse and data mart databases.
- Developed SSIS packages that would transfer data among servers and perform data transformations like data conversion, aggregate, look up, router, sort and join using flat file and excel file source.
- Loaded Type 1 and 2 SCD (Slowly Changing Dimensions) in SSIS to Multi-Dimensional Data Marts.
- Developed efficient mass update system in SSIS to avoid manual updates to data warehouse.
- Deployed, scheduled and monitored SSIS packages and created corresponding Job in SQL Server Agent.
- Created different types of SSRS reports based on customer request and business requirement.
- Designed Power BI data visualization utilizing cross tabs, maps, scatter plots, slicers and charts.
- Configured SSRS and properly used appropriate Data sources and Dataset.
- Designed and Created SSRS Sub Reports, Cached, Linked, Drill-Through, Cascading, Drill-Down, Ad-hoc Reports and set properties like Chart Controls, Filters, Interactive Sorting and Parameters.
- Deploy Report on SQL Server Reporting Server and manage on Microsoft SSRS Configuration Manager.
- Automated SSIS Packages and SSRS reports to improve reliability and reduce production time.
- Created SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Views and Indexes in SQL Server.
Confidential, Greenwood, SC
Data Analyst, SQL/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Worked across multiple company departments to improve product reliability, reduce production time, automate reporting, and minimize waste.
- Involved in gathering business requirements.
- Installed and configured operating systems and application software.
- Worked with networking team on network connectivity and file sharing using Active Directory.
- Facilitated file sharing and correspondence tracking with SharePoint.
- Worked with complex SQL and high-volume RDBMS and SQL Query performance tuning.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from legacy to SQL Server objects.
- Designing, testing and loading data in to a data warehouse environment.
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails.
- Involved in performing deployment and back up mechanisms and managed jobs on SQL Server Agent.
- Responsible for migrating folders and sessions from development server to test environment
- Data migration using DTS services across different databases like MS Excel, Access and Flat Files.
- Created SQL scripts and defined functions, check constraints, indexes, and views.
- Extensively used SSMS and SSIS Import/Export system for performing ETL operations.
Confidential, Athens, GA
SQL /ETL/Report Developer
- Installed and configured SQL Server Servers and clients.
- Training staff on how to use SQL server and database management.
- Set and provide appropriate security and permission to users on Configuration Manager based on the organization policy and regulations.
- Designed and developed multiple databases.
- Created tables, store procedures, views, Functions, Indexes and generated TSQL script for application
- Designed, deployed, and monitored various SSRS Reports in SQL Server.
- Delivered multiple BI reporting solutions in Power BI reporting services and used DAX functions.
- Utilized power BI to create various analytical dashboards that demonstrate order history divided into multiple category and billing summery along with slicers enabling end users to make filters.
- Created ETL packages to extract data from different source then transform and load into the database.
- Migrated data from Oracle to SQL Server data warehouse and to generate the reports using SSRS.
- Installation and configuration of new recovery server and restored backup databases and files.
- Worked with Data Architects, DBAs and Business Intelligence teams in designing and supporting end-to-end data solutions across multiple platforms.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL Database Administrator
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration and Administration of SQL Server and Instances.
- Utilized HA and DR solutions including Log shipping, Replication, clustering and Database Mirroring.
- Worked on Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, SQL Profiler and other troubleshooting tools.
- Database Maintenance, including database backup, restore and point-in time recovery.
- Monitored jobs to make sure all scheduled jobs run successfully.
- Effectively worked on identifying and resolving index issues.
- Created multiple roles and logins with corresponding permissions as per developer request.
- Migrated SQL Server Databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012