- Over 7 years of experience in Database Design, development and maintenance of database application on different version of SQL Server.
- Proficient in Developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the Data warehouse from Heterogeneous databases
- Proficient in Design, development of Business Intelligence Solutions implementing SSRS using Microsoft Business Intelligence development studio (MSBI), SQL Server data tools (SSDT), Power BI and Tableau.
- Practical understanding of the Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star - Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Experienced with all phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Experience with creating the Data Warehouse, dimensions tables, fact tables and implementing slowly changing dimension (SCD) to load the data to the fact and dimension tables.
- Experience in creating indexes, Views, complex Stored Procedures, user defined functions, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs) and Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency
- Experience in designing the Data Warehouse, dimensions tables, fact tables and implementing slowly changing dimension (SCD) to load the data to the fact and dimension tables using Merge and HASHBYTES
- Experience in using tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Knowledge in Full Life Cycle and Methodology for implementing OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) data warehouses (star and snow flake schemas) and business intelligence reporting systems
- Experience in using TFS for version control
- Excellent in customer service and problem-solving skills
Databases: SQL Server 2014/2012/ 2008 R2, MS Access, ORACLE 10g/11g
BI Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS,POWER BI, Tableau Desktop 10.1, Visual Studio, TFS
Confidential, Dayton, OH
- Created User Defined Functions, Views, stored procedures as per business requirements
- Developed functions, triggers, stored procedures, views, tables, and SQL scripts to meet the requirements of the business users and application development.
- Created SQL Joins, sub-queries and other SQL code to implement business rules.
- Performance tuning, and optimization of procedures and queries.
- Worked with the use of Data Modeling Standards for all projects requiring a standard means of defining and analyzing data within an organization, to manage data as a resource, for the integration of information systems, for designing Databases/Data Warehouses.
- Generated Drill down, Drill through, Matrix Reports, and Parameterized reports using expressions to calculate, group, filter, and parameterize report-using SSRS.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including status.
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages (.dtsx files) to import and export data from MS Excel, SQL Server, Oracle and Flat files.
- SSIS packages to update tables with monthly data and automated it through scheduled jobs for the beginning of every month.
- Designed packages that utilized tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Sequence Container, For Each Loop Container, Lookup, Aggregate and Derived Column.
- Designed incremental loads to populate the data mart with checksum and timestamp techniques.
- Created master-child packages to consolidate data from data sources into SQL server with execute package tasks, enabling modular programming.
- Implemented package configurations on development, test, and production environments utilizing parameters.
- Successfully managed Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) process by pulling large volume of data from various data sources using BCP in staging database from MS Access, excel.
- Involved in the analysis of existing database structures and creating the new tables and views as per the requirements.
- Worked with development teams in the design of physical databases and in modification.
- Involved in the process of Data Modeling, which includes professional data modelers working closely with business stakeholders, as well as potential users of the information system.
- Participating to create Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema using the concept of data modeling with Team. Utilized Power BI (Power View) to create various analytical dashboards that depicts critical KPIs such as legal case matter, billing hours and case proceedings along with slicers and dicers enabling end-user to make filters.
- Proactively resolve issues to drive quality and system performance improvements across the application.
- Participate in cross-team information sharing resources and work to identify risks early in the development process.
- Implemented TFS for project version control and change management with bug tracking.
- Implemented code check-in/check-out and managed multiple versions of complicated code within TFS.
- Perform thorough unit testing on all relevant platforms to ensure proper implementation.
- Using Team foundation server (TFS) for managing source code changes.
- Involving in developing test cases for Unit Testing.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration services (SSIS), PowerBi,SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), T-SQL, ORACLE, Hadoop, Microsoft Office 2010, OLAP.
Confidential, Coppell, TX
- Developed various Complex Stored Procedures, SQL Joins, sub-queries, Triggers and Functions to ensure efficient data retrieval.
- Generated Drill down, Drill through, Matrix Reports, and Parameterized reports using expressions to calculate, group, filter and parameterize report using SSRS.
- Created SQL Agent Jobs for scheduling SSIS Packages, SSRS reports and alerts.
- Involved in designing of the Data Warehouse by creating pre-staging, staging and ODS environments and created SSIS Package to load the data to destination tables.
- Also implemented SCD Type 1 and Type 2 changes to the Dimension and Fact Tables loading using Merge and Hash Bytes.
- Deploying and scheduling Report Subscriptions using SSRS and SSIS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports including current status.
- Developed Stored Procedures for the datasets to generate the reports as per the client requirements.
- Creation of Parameterized Reports and Drill Down Reports for Reusability of the Reports for different Department.
- Designed various layouts including Simple and Complex Reports.
- Used Transformations like Derived Column, Lookups, Conditional split, Merge, Join, Union Multicast, Unpivot.
- Exporting Reports into various formats like XML, PDF, EXCEL as per the requirements.
- Involved in designing of the data warehouse by creating pre-staging, staging and ODS environments and created SSIS Package to load the data to destination tables.
- Developed Dynamic ETL Packages such as packages with Connection Manager that will loop through different Servers and Databases in it.
- Usage of C# Script in the packages to send the Notification Email, to loop through the latest folder, to track the logging event and so on.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), T-SQL, PL-SQL, Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2010.
Database Developer/Report Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Designed the Report Layout including both Simple and Complex Reports.
- Used SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, web-enabled reporting to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Used Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services to create Drilldown Reports, Parameterized Reports and Click through Reports.
- Creation of Complex Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008/2012.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed Reports various reports as per user requirements using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008/2012.
- Migrated Reports from SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 Environment to SQL Server Reporting Services 2012.
- Implementation of Folder Security System for the easy access of the Reports using Groups.
- Created of Report Subscription to automate the daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Used Group based folders to provide permission for the right users to the right folder.
- Managed and Monitored the SSRS Server for its Optimal Performance.
- Handle day to day tickets, Change Order Request for the SSRS Environment.
- Provide support to the users for their reporting needs.
- Troubleshoot and provide suggestion to the users for the better performance of the reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012, Windows 2003/2008 Server, SQL Server BI Suite, PL-SQL, T-SQL, MS Office 2010
Associate Database Developer
- Created SSIS packages to integrate data from text files and excel files and file Transfer from one location to the other using FTP tasks
- Performed Normalization and De-Normalization techniques from both OLTP and OLAP system in creating Database objects
- Used control flow tasks like For Loop Container, for each Loop Container, Sequential Container, Execute Tasks, Email task and different Data Flow Tasks
- Experienced in Dimensional Data Modeling and some of the terms commonly used are Dimension Table, Attributes, Hierarchy, Fact Table, Lookup Table.
- Involved in different kinds of Data Model Instance and they are Conceptual Design, Logical Design and Physical Design.
- Worked on Transforming and Loading data using SSIS Import/Export wizard
- Developed Tabular Reports, Sub-Reports, Matrix Reports, Drill down Reports and charts using SSRS
- Performed sorting, formatting and grouping to custom reports in SSRS and published reports to the report server virtual directory
- Involved in designing and creating Databases, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures and Triggers
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012, Windows 2003/XP, Enterprise Manager, SSIS, SSRS, SSMS, SQL Profiler, T-SQL