- Highly - motivated MSBI Consultant with over 6 years of experience in development and maintenance of back-end applications within multiple industries such as healthcare, banking, and insurance. Follow process-oriented approach, work-ethics and extremely diligent towards achieving professional goals.
Databases: MS-SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016
T-SQL Programming: Dynamic SQL
Data Modeling: Erwin, MS Visio
Development Tools: BIDS, SSDT, SSMS
Integration Services: (SSIS)
Analysis Services: (SSAS, OLAP Cubes, MDX, DAX)
Reporting Services: (SSRS, Report Builder)
BI Tools: Power BI, Tableau
Collaboration Tools: SharePoint
Microsoft Azure: Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS)
Azure SQL Database: (PaaS)Azure Storages (Blobs, Tables, Queues)
Backup/Recovery: Azure Data Factory
Azure Data Warehouse: PowerShell
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
Source Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Confidential, Anaheim, CA
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2016/2012, Transact-SQL, SSDT, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Erwin, DAX, TFS, SharePoint, Power BI, Azure.
- Analyzed and documented business and technical requirements in JRD/JAD sessions.
- Developed data models to design and build relational/dimensional databases utilizing Erwin.
- Created complex stored procedures, triggers, functions, views, and a multitude of SQL constructs.
- Optimized stored procedures and slowly running SQL scripts with SQL profiler and DTA.
- Wrote joins and sub-queries to extract data from multiple OLTP tables during the ETL process.
- Implemented exception handling techniques on TSQL ETL logics with ‘try catch blocks’ and ‘@@error’ as system variables.
- Created ETL packages to validate, extract, transform, and load data into the data warehouse and data marts.
- Designed SSIS packages to extract data from multiple data sources such as SQL databases, excel, and flat files.
- Implemented custom loggings, auditing, and custom email notifications utilizing SSIS.
- Designed workflow to handle transactions in SSIS by setting TransactionOption property of control flow component per business requirements.
- Deployed SSIS packages on development and testing servers utilizing project deployment model.
- Created SSAS cubes from relational data warehouses and KPIs for the front-end team.
- Defined data sources and data source views for OLAP Cubes utilizing SSAS.
- Generated matrix, sub, and complex reports with multi-value parameters for performance analyses.
- Deployed SSRS reports on the report server for improved utilization and access.
- Automated SSRS report executions and delivery with standard and data-driven subscriptions.
- Created interactive dashboards and scorecards utilizing Power BI.
- Customized color themes and imported new visuals from Microsoft store in Power BI.
- Secured reports by providing appropriate row filters in Power BI Desktop.
- Scheduled automated refresh utilizing on premises data gateway in Power BI services.
- Configured resources such as SQL Server instance, SQL database and storage solution over the Azure cloud for various activities.
- Coordinated with team members on project status utilizing team foundation server (TFS).
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2012, Transact-SQL, SSDT, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, Erwin, DAX, TFS, SharePoint.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings to discuss project status updates with team.
- Created workflows, process diagram to derive requirements for existing system.
- Maintained data integrity by creating constraints and DML triggers on physical tables.
- Created complex stored procedures to perform Index maintenance and data profiling operations.
- Optimized dynamic SQL batches to perform bulk operation in OLTP environment.
- Extracted data from various heterogenous sources (Flat File, Excel, SQL) to load destination data mart.
- Created SSIS packages with various transformations such as fuzzy lookup, merge, union all, derived column.
- Restarted SSIS packages from point of failure utilizing Checkpoints at control flow level.
- Optimized SSIS packages utilizing non-blocking transformation, managing buffer size at data flow level and implementing parallelism at control flow level.
- Built SSAS tabular cubes for smaller data analysis in SSDT.
- Created new calculations, KPI’s in Tabular cubes utilizing Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
- Generated different SSRS reports such as parameterized, cascading parameterized and sub reports.
- Identified and fixed different rendering issues when exporting data to PDF, Excel and CSV formats.
- Secured reports at data level, report level and report manager level utilizing roles.
- Created new measures, new calculations in Power BI utilizing DAX.
- Represented data utilizing Scatter Plots, Pie Charts and Bar Charts, Heat Maps, Gauge, Tree Maps in Power BI.
- Implemented Subscription, schedule refresh, data alert utilizing Power BI Gateway.
- Maintained project related documents, scripts on team foundation server (TFS).
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSDT, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, ER-Win, MDX, Excel, SharePoint, Performance Point Services, TFS.
- Gathered and analyzed requirements from JAD and JRD sessions.
- Documented complete process flow to describe program development, logic, testing, and implementation.
- Created stored procedures and functions for data storage and manipulation.
- Implemented data migration utilizing Bulk insert/BCP from text files to SQL server.
- Designed mappings documents between sources system and target OLAP system utilizing star schema.
- Implemented checkpoint, delay validation, parallelism in ETL logic for fast loading and processing.
- Optimized ETL packages by optimizing queries and using non-blocking transformations.
- Created new calculations, named sets and KPI’s utilizing multi-dimensional expressions (MDX).
- Optimized SSAS cubes utilizing aggregations, hierarchies and appropriate storage modes.
- Followed reporting life cycle (authoring, managing and delivering) to generate SSRS reports.
- Generated on-demand and scheduled reports with SSRS for business analyses and managerial decisions.
- Created interactive dashboards utilizing dashboard designer in SharePoint.
- Customized performance point content (scorecards, KPI’s, reports and indicators) in SharePoint.
- Maintained version and source control utilizing team foundation server (TFS).
SQL DWH Developer
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, BIDS, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Profiler, ER-Win, Visio, DTA, Flat File, Excel
- Created functional and technical requirements documents as part of JAD sessions.
- Reverse engineered existing data models to in corporate new changes utilizing ER-Win.
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, and referential integrity.
- Wrote CTEs and ranked functions to remove duplicate records in OLTP tables.
- Designed SSIS packages to migrate the data from SQL Server to the staging area.
- Implemented error handling in SSIS packages with event handlers, row redirects, checkpoints, and loggings.
- Automated the ETL process with SSIS package execution schedules utilizing jobs.
- Built SSAS multi-dimensional cubes to analyze historical data from Data warehouse.
- Optimized SSAS cubes utilizing appropriate storage modes such as MOLAP, HOLAP and ROLAP.
- Generated different SSRS reports such as drill drown, drill through, parameterized and cascading parameterized.
- Delivered reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis utilizing standard and data driven subscriptions.
- Created interactive dashboards utilizing Power Pivot in Excel services.
- Implemented TFS for change management and version control.