- 6+ years of hands - on IT experience in analysis, design and development of complex software solutions in client reporting and wealth management sectors.
- Experience in IT industry in verticals like Banking and Financial Services, Telecom Domain with emphasis on design, development, implementation and management of projects.
- Proficient in PL/SQL programming.
- Have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills and worked with Product Owners, Business Owners, Technical Teams and Functional Teams during design, implementation and testing.
- Strong experience in entire SDLC process - requirement analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance of projects.
- Intensive experience in translating business requirements to Database Objects.
- Expertise in constructing T-SQL and Oracle PL/SQL Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Cursors, Indexes, User Defined Data Types, Constraints, Analytical Functions to facilitate efficient data manipulations as per the business rule.
- Expertise in creating Joins and Sub-Queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Strong Experience in writing advanced query concepts using having clause, group by etc.
- Hands on experience in tuning SQL queries for enhancing the database performance.
- Good knowledge on logical and physical Data Modeling using normalizing Techniques.
- Worked in AGILE and Waterfall methodologies mode of software development (SDLC).
- Efficient in design test strategies for performance testing and volume testing of PL/SQL solutions.
- Expertise in Database Performance Tuning, Performance Monitoring and Optimization using Oracle Hints, Explain plans, Table Partitioning.
- Expertise in Dynamic SQL, Collections and Exception handling.
- Extensively used SQL tools like SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio.
- Received ‘Bravo Award’ by the employer as an appreciation for handling the key deliverable to the client.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, comfortable in interaction with both business and technical team members.
- Experience in working with multiple teams under strict deadlines.
- Quick learner, adaptive and possesses good inter personal skills and work ethics.
- Excellent communication skills, diligent and good team player.
Methodologies and Framework: Agile/Scrum and Waterfall SDLC methodologies, Release Management, Database Design (RDBMS)
Operating System: Windows
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, SQL Server
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, C#, .Net, HTML, CSS
Configuration Tools: Tortoise SVN, GIT, TFS, Ctrl-M
Documentation: Atlassian Confluence, Windows Office, OpenOffice, Share Point
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Currently working as a database developer in data migration team which is responsible for migration of client data from Trust300 to SWP platform.
- Creation of new users for the migrated firms and clients to SWP.
- Create test plans for Volume testing of code that is developed in a sprint.
- Creating PL/SQL procedures, functions, cursors and sequences using Toad and SQL Developer.
- Continuous review of Business Critical Database to proactively identify space issues, performance tuning issues.
- Generated server side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation, validation and materialized views for remote instances.
- Handled errors using System defined exceptions and User defined exceptions like INVALID NUMBER, NO DATA FOUND and PRAGMA EXCEPTION INIT.
- Developed Row level and Statement Level Triggers for auditing tables in PL/SQL.
- Developed Views and Materialized Views for specific data retrieval for the reports.
- Created Custom Triggers, Stored Procedures, Packages and SQL Scripts.
- Developed SQL *Loader scripts to load data in the Staging tables.
- Developed PL/SQL stored procedures, user defined functions for complex calculations and bundle them into a stored package that could be invoked from the Forms triggers.
- Review the code entirely to ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of the deliverables.
- Incorporating code review comments as a part of code review activity.
- Fixing the bugs at every level of testing.
- Analyzing the RCA and ensuring that preventive measures are takes so as to avoid the bugs coming up in the future releases.
- Version control of the application code.
- Attending and co-ordinate with offshore and onshore meetings to discuss the progress of the task assigned and the issue faced.
- Providing Level 3 support for client code release in a live production environment.
Environment: Oracle 11g
Tools: Used: SQL Developer, Toad, GIT, HP QC, Confluence
Module: RoBT (Rest of BT) SI (Single Interface)
Senior Systems Engineer
- Participate in the Design Workshops with the different stakeholders of the application and come up with the finalized approach.
- Design Technical design document based on the business requirements.
- Prepare technical artifacts, review the design thoroughly and estimate the effort and time required for preparing the requirement document, development of code, mapping it to the architecture.
- Prepare the High-Level Design and Low-Level Design Document.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL* plus.
- Partitioned the fact tables and materialized views to enhance the performance.
- Extensively used bulk collections in PL/SQL objects for improving the performance.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Written PL/SQL Cursors for transaction processing.
- Used Bulk collect feature to process the data from Cursor/Ref Cursor.
- Created records, tables, collections (nested tables and arrays) for improving Query performance by reducing context switching.
- Create PL/SQL procedures using Global Temporary Tables and Dynamic SQL that will be used by the UI.
- Create reusable views and materialized views that will source data from different tables within or across schemas.
- Acted as the single point of contact for all Level 3 service requests.
- Co-ordinate with the incident managers from different geographies and with other stakeholders for incident resolution.
- Co-ordinate with the Business Analysts and with the users and compile the Low Level Design for the change requests.
- Created new reports for the operations user using PL/SQL, Global Temporary Tables and PL/SQL collections.
- Worked extensively with the universe team and database team and users to analyze the gaps.
- Performed Database Administration of all database objects including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences packages and procedures.
- Carry out internal and external code reviews and then incorporating changes as per required.
- Worked on TFS, SVN for version control, source control.
- Figured out the Root Cause Analysis for the issues and documented it in order to prevent it from coming in future releases.
- Provided support for client code release in live production environment.
Environment: Oracle 10g and ASP .NET 2.0
Tools: Used: SQL Developer, SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus, Tortoise SVN, Visual Studio 2010 and Control M
Module: SI (Single Interface)
- Involved in entire project life cycle of Business, Database Design, Development, Implementation, Testing and enhancements of the application.
- Created DDL Scripts for database schema and database objects.
- Write SQL queries and stored procedures for high volume reports as per the business requirements.
- Highly involved in query optimization and troubleshooting long running queries
- Used SQL Profiler, Execution Plan and Database Engine Tuning Advisor tools to trace the slow running stored procedures and tried to optimize the queries so as to enhance the performance.
- Worked on deadlock issues and minimized the occurrences of these situations.
- Created and Worked with Global Temporary Tables.
- Developed various user defined functions and created different views.
- Created cursors and triggers to maintain the referential integrity.
- Extensively used joins and sub-queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Created indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analyses in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Rebuilding indexes and tables at regular intervals.
- Created and automated various jobs.
- Fault Management on QC.
- Worked on TFS, SVN for version control, source control.
- Provided 24/7 support for production database and also deployed the code in production environment.
- Provided RCA for production issues and documented the resolution for the same.
- Coordinated with onshore, offshore teams and created BRD and FRD documents based on the requirements.
- Performed code reviews and planned test plans for the project deliverables.
Environment: T-SQL, ASP.NET 2.0
Tools: Used: SSMS 2005, Visual Studio 2008, HP Quality Centre, SVN