- Over 8 years of experience in database development, modeling, testing, deployment and business intelligence using SQL Server 2016,2014,2012, 2008, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) , MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) , and MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in finance, healthcare, investment banking, retail and insurance industries.
- Worked with various teams and user groups in designing and developing the reporting warehouse.
- Involved in understanding the functional requirements, translation of technical documents, data dictionary mapping and data mappings.
- Interacted with various upstream and downstream customers in interfacing various systems for data extractions , ETL , analytics and reporting needs .
- Expert in designing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services ( SSRS ) based on OLAP cubes .
- Experience in developing custom reports and different types of tabular, matrix and distributed reports into multiple formats with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expert in enhancing the reports visually by adding the visual elements including charts, graphs, gauges and maps to SSRS reports .
- Experience in creating SSIS packages based on multiple data source including SQL Server, flat file, excel and oracle .
- Experience in data migrating between different homogeneous/heterogeneous systems and SQL Server as a part of data migration and data maintenance .
- Designed SSIS package to extract appropriate records and output them to data marts and warehouse .
- Experience in developing scripts in SSIS to synchronize stored procedures, email output and log messages .
- Designing and maintaining data management and data processing solutions using SSIS, includes error handling and Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) .
- Experience in creating jobs, SQL mail agent, alerts and schedule SSIS packages in SQL Server.
- Expertise in developing and extending SSAS cubes, data mining models, deploying and processing SSAS objects, and writing MDX queries .
- Experience in normalize and de - normalize data in the process of building database and reporting.
- Familiar with process of testing, troubleshooting and debugging on each unit of work, including jobs, SSIS package, SSRS reports and SSAS cubes.
- Expert in migration of databases from older versions of SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 .
- Extensive database programming Experience in developing complex T-SQL queries including stored procedures , User Defined Functions (UDF), triggers, views, temporary tables constraints and indexes using various DDL and DML commands.
- Excellent Experience in monitoring SQL Server performance tuning in SQL Server2008/2012 using SQL profiler, query analyzer, enterprise manager, index tuning wizard, and windows performance monitor .
- Having full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with substantial experience on object oriented analysis and design methodologies
- Very good communication skills, good interpersonal skills & desire to excel, fast learner, hardworking and a versatile team player knowledge of dimension hierarchies, drilldown, sub reports, and Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Expert in creating and developing Power BI and Tableau dashboards in to rich look.
Programming Languages: C, C#, ASP.net, VB.net, Java, Python, SQL & PLSQL
Database Environments: Oracle 11g/12c, MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2016, MySQL, DB2 and MS Access
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and Informatica.
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Oracle Forms & Reports 6i/9i/10g, Crystal Reports 8.0, Tableau, Cognos and Power BI
Other Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio, Oracle 11g,, SSAS, SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Azure, Eclipse IDE
MS-Tools: MS-Visio, Outlook, Advance Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Operating System: Windows NT/XP/Vista/7, Windows 95/98/2000/NT, Windows Server 2003/2008.
Version Control Tools: CVS, TFS, SVN, GIT
Confidential, Dayton, OH
Senior ETL/ SSIS Developer
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer the data from flat files, access database and excel documents to the staging area in SQL Server 2012.
- Worked with various SSIS control flow tasks and data transformation tasks like data conversion, merge, aggregate, sort, conditional split, SCD, derived column, look-up, fuzzy look-up, etc. as part of ETL.
- Extracted data from various sources like SQL Server 2008/2012, oracle, MS Access, .CSV, excel and text file from client servers and through FTP.
- Worked with configuring checkpoints, package logging, error logging and event handling to redirect error rows and fix the errors in SSIS.
- Experienced in enhancing and deploying the SSIS packages from development server to production server.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex stored procedures, triggers, functions, indexes, tables, views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Automated execution process, scheduling, deploying of packages using SQL Server agent by creating jobs and error reports using alerts, SQL mail agent and FTP.
- Responsibilities involve ETL development, unit tests, business validations, integration tests, defect resolution and production support.
- Experienced in working with partially / full blocking transformations and expertise in performance tuning of SSIS packages.
- Used index tuning wizard, SQL profiler and SQL query analyzer for performance tuning.
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed action in XML.
- Performed data validation checks during staging, before loading the data into the data warehouse.
- Participated in testing and verification of the entire database/ data warehouse system after migration.
- Generated drill down, drill through, ad-hoc, matrix reports, parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created SSRS reports using complex SQL queries/stored procedures which have sub-reports, dropdown menu options and charts.
- Assigned permissions to the valid users for executing the reports and deploying reports to report servers.
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot.
- Automated power query refresh using power shell script and windows task scheduler.
- Created workspace and content packs for business users to view the developed reports.
- Scheduled automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in Power BI service.
- Wrote calculated columns, measures query's in power bi desktop to show good data analysis techniques.
- Involved in creating dashboards by extracting data from the sources SQL Server
- Created dashboard using parameters, filters, sets, groups and calculations to manipulate data.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Power BI that were presented to business users, program managers, and end users.
Environment:: MS SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)/Visual Studio, T-SQL, MS Excel and Power BI.
Confidential - Milwaukee, WI
Senior ETL/BI Developer
- Created and developed Business Intelligence solutions using MSBI tools (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
- Documented new SSIS packages and trained senior analyst on basic SSIS concepts.
- Scheduled the Packages in SQL Server agent on daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Designed SSRS reports under SQL Server 2012 database and publishing SSRS reports to the reports Server.
- Developed ad hoc report according to customer's request for internal performance assessment.
- Maintained the regular reports for the day-to-day as well as weekly/monthly purposes in SSRS.
- Generated reports with cascaded parameters from SSAS cubes using MDX queries and calculated members.
- Merged data from heterogeneous data stores (SQL Server, flat file and Excel) using SSIS packages.
- Performing ETL with SSIS to extract data from SQL Server 2012 and load into enterprise data warehouse
- Developed and deployed data transfers packages using SSIS, also assigned the jobs running on Servers.
- Used event handlers for logging and error handling error capturing in data flow tasks, and dynamically sending error notification through email tasks at runtime using expressions in SSIS.
- Translated data structures within the enterprise and establish appropriate data model for analysis and reporting utilizing data views, dimensions, cubes, and Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) in accordance with latest standards.
- Involved in creating multidimensional cubes using SSAS and designing DW schemas.
- Assigned permission to users, roles and object, supported column level permission. Administered server's logins (Windows and SQL Accounts).
- Involved in version controlling of packages, database objects in TFS.
- Worked with complex/large database packages, procedures, functions and triggers with MS SQL Server 2012.
- Built, maintained and modified tables, views, Indexes, stored procedures, packages, triggers and referential integrity depending on user requirements and converting them into technical specifications.
Environment : MS SQL-Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL, TFS, and Windows Server 2007
Confidential, Nashville, TN
SQL Business Intelligence Developer
- Created new database objects like stored procedures, functions, triggers, indexes and views using T-SQL in development and production environment for SQL Server 2012.
- Maintained MS SQL Server 2012 configuration, tuning and provide 24 X 7 dedicated support to all production, development and clustered servers.
- Involved in framing SQL queries for validating data between data warehouse and source systems.
- Assist developers with difficult oracle PL/SQL code needed for queries, triggers, and stored procedures
- Extensively involved in the analysis and tuning of the application code (SQL and PL/SQL Procedures)
- Develop and maintain procedures to optimize application availability.
- Optimized queries by obtaining explain plan, analyzing tables, providing hints, and adding indexes on tables where required.
- Worked on database compression for different databases to save space across different environments.
- Extensively used joins and common table expressions to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Designed layout of SSRS reports and determine the best way to present data to end users.
- Developed SSRS reports using Microsoft Reporting Services platform (SSRS), Microsoft SQL, SSAS, SSIS, MS Excel, pivot tables and other tools.
- Developed complex stored procedures and views to generate various drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 as SSIS packages.
- Created SSIS packages coming from text files and excel files to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse.
- Migrated old data from MS Access into SQL Server 2012 using SSIS packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Created efficient, robust SSIS packages for data movement and loading with error checking and well documented code.
- Deployed SSIS package into production and used package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Implemented event handlers in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Tested, cleaned and standardized data meeting the business standards using fuzzy /exact lookups using SSIS tasks.
- Developed data management and data processing solutions using SSIS, which including error handling and Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD).
Environment: T-SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g, MS SQLServer2012 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, SSRS & SSAS.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
SQL Business Intelligence Developer
- Developed store procedures, triggers, views and user defined functions for better performance in SSIS and SSRS
- Analyzed queries performance with SQL query analyzer, optimized the performance of queries by removing unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created clustered/non-clustered indexes wherever necessary.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) which were highly efficient to monitor the central console and SQL Server instances and detecting problems before affecting transaction of online users.
- Implemented the online indexing making the transaction in SQL 2008 faster nearly three times as compared to the SQL Server 2005.
- Merged data from heterogeneous data sources including MS SQL server, flat file and MS Excel to SQL Server 2008 using SSIS packages.
- Participated in to design ETL architecture and processes records from different locations, and successfully met challenges of very high volume of data.
- Extensively used transformations, control flow tasks, data flow tasks, containers and event handlers in SSIS.
- Imported XML data file as data source and put into the desired database in SSRS and SSIS.
- Generated different type of customized reports including drill-down, drill-through in SSRS.
- Created and executed the stored procedures and complex queries for reports.
- Deployed, scheduled the reports and send the output via email in report manager.
- Responsible for generating different types of daily and weekly Reports based on specifications and user's requirements using SSRS
- Documented all the work and all the process of integration and reporting services for further references.
- Interacted with development teams and managers to analyze business needs and developed technical specifications.
Environment:: SQL Server 2005/2008, SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft Operation Manager, SQL Query Analyzer, ODBC, VBScript, Windows 2000/XP/7, MDX.
Confidential - Austin, Texas
- Created new tables, views, indexes and user defined functions based on supervisor's request.
- Created complex stored procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Actively designed the database to fasten certain daily jobs and some stored procedure.
- Optimized query performance by creating indexes.
- Write T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Created joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Experience in building reports through report builder and report designer.
- Scheduled and exported reports in PDF, Excel, TIFF, CSV format in SSRS.
- Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using report manager.
- Generated reports using SSRS that could be used to send information to different Primary vendors, Clients and managers.
- Performing source system analysis and development of ETL jobs to migrate data from the source to the target data warehouse with SSIS packages.
- Created new SSIS packages and modified existing packages as per the requirement during the deployment.
- Experience in error and event handling like precedence constraints, break points, check points, logging.
- Designed packages using transformations such as execute SQL task, sequence container, for each loop container, lookup, OLE DB command and derived column.
- Used configuration files in SSIS to ease the process of moving the packages across servers.
- Configured send mail task for sending automatic emails when a SSIS package is failed or succeeded.
- Migrated data from various data sources using SSIS transformations like aggregate, lookup, conditional-split, merge join and sort.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, MS Visual Studio, Html, XML, Vb.net, SQL Profiler, Windows 2008 Server.