- Having 8 years of IT experience in Microsoft Database Technologies with various industries like Financing, Manufacturing, Hospitality and Government as a SQL Server DBA in MSSQL SERVER 2005/2008/2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016/2017 Database Administration (DBA) in Windows environment.
- Written procedure for SSL implementation for third party certificate.
- Very Strong knowledge of TDE (Transparent data encryption).
- Have experience in monitoring Database using tools like Idera.
- Good knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Expertise in Database administration activities like Installation, Configuration, Backup & Recovery, Database Security, Data Transformation Services, Database designing and Query optimization.
- Good working experience in maintaining SQL Server Active/Passive and Active/Active cluster environment.
- Experience in migration from MS SQL Server 2005 to Any versions till MS SQL Server 2017.
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication models like Snapshot, Merge and Transactional.
- Intensive experience in Performance Tuning and monitoring SQL Server and database performance using Database Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor.
- Successfully tested and implemented Log Shipping Technique used for warm backup solution for MS SQL Server 2000, MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Server 2008 databases.
- Created Database users, controlling access to SQL Server and making sure right people get access to right data and looking after security issues.
- Overall database design, such as creating normalized databases, authentication, query tuning, assigning proper indexes, creating Stored procedures, functions, triggers and data types.
- Monitoring Dashboard Reports for Performance Tuning and finding bottleneck in DB.
- A well - organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
Senior SQL Server DBA
- Installing, configuring, administering and securing servers in MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R 2/ 2012/ 2014/2016/2017 environment.
- Developed and maintained high availability.
- Developed procedure to setup SSL (Secure socket layer) Certificate for security to encryption all the database connections.
- Disaster recovery environment for SQLServers.
- Very strong knowledge of TDE (Transparent data encryption) to secure backup file, implemented in multiple environments.
- Assisted with the management of SQL Server.
- Responsible for administering and maintaining all SQL Server instances, Databases and the systems that they reside on
- Help manage the flow of data between internal SQL server, outside vendors and other databases.
- Excellent support provided in High Availability SQL Server solutions, including log shipping, replication, database mirroring.
- Resolving system errors, insufficient resources, fatal database errors, hardware errors, security and managed multiple instances of SQL Server.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, Excellent analytical skills, Self-starter, team-player with excellent communication skills
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server 2005 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler and Database Engine Tuning advisor.
- Developed and optimized database structures, stored procedures, views, triggers and user defined functions.
- Developed physical and logical data models from various databases and file structures. thorough Knowledge of Various SSIS Objects such as Dataflow Components, control Flow Elements, Connections Managers, Runtime Events, Log Providers and creating and supporting Active/Active and Active/Passive clustered environments.
- Monitored and Enhanced Performance using Execution Plans and Index Tuning.
- Designed new job process, new database maintenance plans, DTS programs and did performance tuning of the existing processes.
- Worked on Client/Server tools and SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query analyzer to administer servers.
Enviornment: MS SQL Server 2005 - MSSQL Server 2017, T-SQL, Idera sql digonistic manager and Windows Server NT 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, Windows Server NT 10
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
SQL Server DBA
- Installed and configured edition of SQL Server 2008 like Enterprise edition.
- Migration of databases from SQL Server 2000/2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Successfully migrated from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 on Development and Testing Environment.
- I have monitor and manage entire SQL Server environment using Idera Diagnosis Manager.
- We have lowered cost and improved productive staff work using Foglight application performance monitoring (APM) software.
- Involved in designing of Conceptual Logical Model and Physical Model.
- Hands on experience working on SSMA tool for other database migration such as Oracle and Sybase to SQL Server.
- Assisted management with database and resource capacity planning.
- Worked actively on the Clustered Environment.
- Performed Data Modeling tasks and designed Entity Relationship Diagrams.
- Used ERwin for Data modeling, designing and building relational databases.
- Supported the Business Intelligence (B.I) division, concentrating on SSIS (Integration Services), SSRS (Reporting Services), SSAS (Analysis Services), and Data Warehousing, Data Mart operations, OLAP and OLTP databases.
- Daily support, troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization and tuning of server and SQL server environments across entire system. Installed and administered SQL Server 2000 with Windows Server 2000.
- Hands on experience working on Inventory Databases.
- Designed and developed logical and physical layers of the various databases.
- Optimized database performance and use of resources, including selecting optimal physical implementations of databases.
- Hands on experience working on SSMA tool for other database migration.
- Providing 24*7 support to SQL application developers in implementing the applications on production server.
- Designed and implemented the database in MS SQL Server 2000.
- Created maintenance plans in SQL Agent to backup the database.
- Implemented Log Shipping Successfully.
- Disaster Recovery Plan, Testing and analyzing and continuous update of documentation.
- Wrote ad-hoc stored procedures, T-SQL scripts and created DTS packages to synchronize the data.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, DTS and Windows 2000 Server/Pro.