- 7 years of experience in the analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, and documentation of Database and Client Server applications
- Experience in Logical and Physical Data modeling, data architecture designs
- Good Experience in Data Warehouse development starting from inception to implementation and ongoing support, Strong Understanding of BI application design and development principles
- Excellent command with MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008/2005 worked on Integration services (SSIS), Reporting services (SSRS) and Analysis services (SSAS)
- Excellent in working on building many data source cubes to aggregate data using SSAS
- Experience in complex MDX calculations on the cube measures and dimensions on SSAS
- Excellent with Kimball Data warehousing concepts, schemas and Data Marts
- Experienced in building Data Integration and Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using tools like SSIS import and export and SSIS packages
- Experienced in developing Data Mapping, Performance Tuning and Identifying Bottlenecks of sources, mappings, targets and sessions
- Good Knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 and 2005 backend programming
- Designed and developed DS data flows and ETL components
- Outstanding skills in using Client/Server architecture in implementing MS SQL Server based applications
- Experience with Backup and Recovery of MS SQL 2016/2014/2012/2008/2005 Server Databases
- Good Experience in creating SQL objects like Tables, Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Indexes, and User Defined Functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage
- In - depth knowledge of T-SQL (DDL and DML)
- Experience in Database design, Development, Data Modeling, Data Marts, Administration, ETL packages using DTS / SSIS, Performance Tuning, Stored Procedures for Database applications using MS SQL Server 206/2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005
- Proficient in implementing all transformations available on the SSIS toolbox
- Well experienced in SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, and SQL Query Analyzer
- Created packages using Integration Services (SSIS) for data extraction from different sources such as SQL servers, Flat Files like .txt, .csv etc.
- Experienced in query optimization & performance tuning.
- Excellent in creating reports, dashboards, standardize templates setting up new parameters and implementing the reports in different process with writing observations, insights, recommendations in the reports
- Good Experience in Data Visualization development using Tableau to create complex, and innovative dashboards and scheduling them
- Experience in reports validating and modeling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making.
- Experience with RPA software like Foxtrot RPA and familiar with financial institution mergers and acquisitions
- Experience with building smart lists, workflows, contacts list etc., on revenue generating CRM tools like Hubspot
Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools:: SSIS, SSAS, Crystal Reports, S&P Global s SNLBankerTableau and Pentaho
Databases: MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL.
Data Warehouse Modeling Methodologies: Star/Snowflake Schema Modeling, OLAP, OLTP
Business Analytical Tools: SAS 9.4, R, Python, SAS Rapid miner, SAS Enterprise Guide
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Mac, Linux.
Tools: /Platforms: BIDS, Visual Paradigm, Visual Studio 2010, InDesign CS6, MS-Project, MS-OfficeAdobe Tools.
Microsoft Programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Publisher, SharePoint.
Robotic Process Automation Tools: Foxtrot RPA
CRM Tools: Hubspot
Business Intelligence Developer
Confidential, Union, TX
- Built efficient SSIS packages for extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data onto SQL server from Oracle, MySQL servers, flat files and other sources
- Created SSIS/DTS packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle.
- Migrated data from legacy system (text-based files, Excel spreadsheets, and Access) to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and stored procedures to overcome the transformation constraints.
- Gathered data using SSIS and built dashboards using Tableau
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages
- Developed SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and schedule the same as jobs using SQL
- Designed a dashboard for business users using tableau
- Created drill down and drill through, tabular, cross tab, charts and sub reports using Tableau
- Created reports based on Views, Base tables, stored procedures and commands. Modified existing reports based on the user requirement and created running totals, sub-totals and used crystal syntax to create complex formulas for the reports. Developed sub reports in order to display data from database of two different servers
- Created Crystal Reports Repository objects (Reports template, commands)
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel, SQL Server 2012, Oracle and IBM DB2
- Ensured best practices are applied and integrity of data is maintained through security and documentation
- Implemented medium level to complex tabular and graphical time series reports
- Created packages using different transformations like pivot, condition split, fuzzy lookup, aggregate, merge join, execute SQL flow task, data flow task to extract data from different databases and flat files
- Extensively used views for queries with complex joins involving multiple tables from different databases
- Created complex SQL queries by joining multiple tables, dynamic SQL and sub queries in T-SQL.
- Worked on migrating data from non-relational database to relation database.
- Monitoring SQL server performance using SQL Profiler to find performance and dead locks.
- Written complex stored procedures and SQL queries.
- Worked on tuning the queries and fixing the stored procedures to get the data consistency.
- Designed, built, tested and maintain several OLAP cubes and calculations using MDX for better analysis and aggregation of data with SSAS
- Built cubes for production application, Partitioned Cubes to decrease the processing time and increase the performance of the queries running on front end application using SSAS
- Designed and developed reports, dashboards, MDX calculations using SSAS along with Tableau
- Responsible for business intelligence architecture design, implementation and maintenance of BI applications
- Worked on SQL optimization to improve run time performance of the reports using SQL profiler
- Created various objects and implemented referential integrity constraints for enforcing data integrity and business rules and implemented security rules to protect data
- Designed and developed new reports with data not on the cubes using Crystal Reports formulae, grouping, parameters, and selection criteria along with Tableau
- Experience in publishing reports, workbooks, data sources and dashboards to Tableau server in different Formats
- Created complex data views manually using multiple measures and also used sort, Filter, group, Create Set, create calculations, merge database, LoD functionalities on Tableau
- Developed key performance measures and indicators that drive company measurement, including reporting and analytics across key data sources and functions
- Explored automation tools and modernized legacy tools
- Developed automation processes using Foxtrot RPA to automate multiple processes
- Proposed and built multiple Foxtrot RPA processes to automate daily and month end processing activities which saves 3 man hours every day
Environment: Windows2008 Advanced Server, Advanced SQL, MS SQL Server 2014/2016, SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL, Tableau, FoxtrotRPA, Crystal Reports, Query Analyzer.
SQL BI Developer
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Worked on Full life cycle development (SDLC) involving in all stages of development
- Involved in system study and analyzed the requirements by meeting the client and designed the complete system
- Involved in designing technical specifications for building Data Warehouse
- Involved in project cycle plan for the data warehouse, analyzing the source data, deciding the exact data extraction, transformation, loading strategy & Dimensional modeling
- Developed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services in SSRS 2016 by creating various value sections in Parameters list, designing cascading parameters, matrix dynamics and more features in Reporting Service
- Used advanced features of T-SQL to design and tune T-SQL to interface with the Database and other applications in the most efficient manner and created stored Procedures for the business logic using T-SQL
- Performance tuning of the stored procedures, user defined functions and long running queries.
- Automated the ETL to import and export data form text/ Excel file, in different format, to SQL Server and vice versa using SSIS and SQL Server Agent
- Worked on SQL Profiler, Tuning Advisor in SQL 2016 to increase the performance of the reports
- Maintain referential integrity, domain integrity and column integrity by using the available options
- Reviewed many T-SQL issues using management studio for better performance
- Developed and tested storage strategies and disaster-recovery plan for operational database, which guaranteed recovery performance and high availability
- Created and maintained database objects, complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, and Tables, Views and SQL joins and other statements for various applications
- Developed SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and schedule the same as jobs using SQL Server Agent
- Worked with report subscriptions in SSRS 2016 to send the weekly run automated reports to end users
- Worked with Report Snapshots
- Developed complex MDX calculations and queries, created Database Objects like Schemas, Tables, Indexes, Views, User defined functions, Cursors, Triggers, Stored Procedure, Constraints and Roles.
- Designed and developed OLAP using MS SQL Server Analysis
- Designed various Crystal reports and scheduled them using Visual cut through Emails
- Analyzed and designed business processes as per the business requirements with SSRS reports.
- Created various dynamic reports using SSRS and Crystal reports
- Migrated and recreated existing Dimensions and Cubes using Star schema on 2008 Server to achieve the efficiency of SQL Server Analysis (SSAS) and used the SSAS as source for generating parameterized reports in SSRS
- Created reports using MDX from OLAP cubes
- Created SSIS Packages to pull data from Online Database Server to Data-warehouse Server
- Performed administration tasks of Database Mirroring, database backups and restore servers in SQL Server 2008
- Enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server
- Created reports in SSRS with different type of properties like chart controls, filters, Interactive Sorting, SQL parameters etc
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) development using SQL Server 2008, SQL 2008 Integration Services (SSIS)
- Used various ETL tools like SSIS/DTS for data flow from source files like Excel, Tables, and Views to other databases or files with proper mapping
- Involved in migration of crystal reports to SSRS 2008
- Identified the dimensions, fact tables and designed the data warehouse using star schema
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs
- Troubleshoot system issues, monitored scheduled jobs and set up maintenance and security plans for proactively monitoring the performance of SQL Server databases using SQL profiler
- Created calculated measures and dimension members using multi-dimensional expressions (MDX)
Environment: SQL Server, Visual Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, TSQL, Crystal Reports, Visual Cut, MDX, OLAP
BI and Data Analyst
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Writing complex queries and generating reports.
- Extracting queries from multiple databases
- Optimized the performance of various SQL scripts, stored procedures and triggers
- Worked on troubleshooting and maintaining large (terabyte-size) clustered databases.
- Debug and analyse VBA code/ SQL stored procedures.
- Develop and modify stored procedures/ VBA code.
- Experience with MS Office software (Excel, Access, and Word).
- Identified and analyzed the important factors affecting credit card charge-off rates with the help of correlations
- Visualized and forecasted the future trend of the factors selected using various ARIMA and Regression models on Excel
- Forecasted future trends of charge-off rates and performed loss forecasting using lag models, moving average models and regression model built using SAS, R and Excel
- Built different regression models to forecast CCAR variables and performed stress tests to predict the performance of different portfolios
- Implemented Predictive and Regression models for forecasting future prices of stocks and bonds of organizations which fall under AMEX, NYSE and NASDAQ stock exchanges using R and Excel
- Worked with APIs of www.yelp.com and www.locu.com to fetch data using Python