- Around 8 years of experience in Information Technology with a strong background in Database development and Data warehousing and ETL process and reporting tools like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), of Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2
- Experience in installation, configuration of MS SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014 and 2017
- Having Experience in creating jobs, packages and Experience in migration of Data from OLEDB, OLDB, Excel, Flat file to MS SQL Server Staging area through using DTS and BCP utility
- Experience in preparing packages by using various transformations like derived column, look ups, merge join, for each loop, for loop, union all, conditional split, script component
- Hands - on experience in writing T-SQL Queries using joins, store procedures, triggers, cursors, views, sub-queries, Indexes, SQL functions, Sub queries and Cursors in MS SQL Server
- Experience in Integration of various data sources like Oracle SQL, Fixed Width and Delimited Flat Files, DB2 and XML Files
- Knowledge in build and maintain control flow, dataflow task in SSIS using MS Data Tools
- Experience in creating alerts, jobs in SQL server mail agent, plus schedule SSIS packages
- Experience in creating Data Source Views, Data Source and Cube creation in SSAS
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Un-Block Transformations
- Having Knowledge in developing the OLAP Cubes using SSAS
- Experience in creating C# script tasks and complex file types
- Expertise in Relational databases design and development concepts, with hands on exposure in the development of relational database environment using SQL, PL/SQL, Cursors, Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers
- Good Experience in reports writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) as well as creating different kinds of reports like matrix, table and web reporting, chart reports by customizing the URL access
- Developed drill through, drill down, cascaded, parameterized and sub reports using SSRS
- Experience in writing advanced MDX queries
- Good experience in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) including system design, development, integration, testing, deployment and delivery of applications.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Experience in developing multiple kind of Power BI Reports and Dashboards.
- Experience in publishing Power BI Desktop reports created in Report view to the Power BI service& Report Server
- Implemented Power BI Query to extract data from external sources and modify the data to generate the reports.
- Created many dashboards in Power BI using DAX expressions and deployed in App Power BI for Mobile compatibility using content pack
- Good Experience in Snow Flake, Star Schema, fact tables and Dimensional tables
- Good understanding in database and data warehousing concepts (OLTP & OLAP).
- Experienced in writing Unix Shell Scripts for different purposes such as scheduling jobs and moving the files from remote server to local informatica server
- Knowledge in cloud based solutions such as Azure, AWS
- Skilled in applying various forms of testing to ensure product quality including: Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Quality Assurance Testing
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving, analytical, interpersonal skills, and communication skills and have the ability to work both independently and as a team at all levels
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2000/NT/98/95, Windows 7, UNIX, LINUX, MAC OS, Virtual Platforms Parallels
BI Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, Tableau
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.x/8.x,7.x, Teradata
Data Modelling tool/Methodology: MS Visio, ERWIN 4.x/3.xStar Schema, Snow Flake Schema, Extended Star SchemaPhysical and Logical Modeling.
Programming: PL/SQL,SQL, T-SQL, XML, C/C++,HTML,CSS,C#(.NET),VB.NET
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2017, MS Access 2005/2008.Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Teradata, DB2, SAP,MS Excel, Salesforce.com, Sybase, Netezza,NoSQL
Tools /Utilities: TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL*LOADER,PUTTY
BI ETL Developer
- Involved in understanding the functional requirements, translation of technical documents, data dictionary mapping and data mappings
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc) and loaded the data into target data sources
- Experience writing T-SQL scripts, dynamic SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, triggers and SQLCMD
- Developed SSIS packages using various transformations like Lookup, Pivot, Derived column, Conditional split, Aggregate, Sort, Row Sampling, Union, Merge, Multicast
- Performed database transfers and queries tune-up, integrity verification, data cleansing, analysis and Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages
- Experience in developing SSIS packages to bring data from Claims databases to data warehouse tables
- Worked with DAX/MDX queries in building expressions for various business calculations
- Working dashboards and using report, parameters, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau
- Worked on querying data and creating on-demand reports using Report Builder in SSRS reports and send the reports via email
- Created SQL Server Reports and developed query for generating drill down and drill through reports using SSRS
- Publishing Power BI reports of dashboards in Power BI server and scheduling the dataset to refresh for live data in Power BI server using Direct Query.
- Implemented Power BI Query to extract data from external sources and modify the data to generate the reports
- Worked with Power BI gateway to schedule daily job to refresh data
- Involved in writing test plan and test cases for Unit testing, system integration testing and User acceptance testing
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Integration Services 2014 (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services 2014 (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Oracle, DAX, T-SQL, Microsoft Visual Studio 2014, MDS, Power BI Desktop, TFS, Tableau, MS Access .
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr.MSBI Developer/ETL Developer
- Requirement gathering, Functional & technical specifications for end user and end client applications, Re-Engineering and capacity planning.
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Performance Tuning of the client databases for better performance on a regular basis.
- Worked with T-SQL to create Tables, Function and Stored Procedures, sub-query, correlated sub-query, complex Stored Procedures and ad-hoc TSQL statement
- Design and development of ETL packages to load the data into Marts implemented to perform cleansing, mapping, profiling and wholegovernance on a real-time process
- Created complicated DAX measures in the PowerBI reports as per the requirements of the Business Users
- Familiar with DAX Functions Such as SUMX, CALCULATE, ALLEXCEPT, FILTER Functions
- Responsible for creating & changing the visualizations in PowerBI reports and Dashboards on client requests
- Created SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Excel, Access, CSV and Flat files from Client servers
- Created several SSIS schedule tasks and monitored those tasks regularly
- Extensively used C#, .Net to write Script in SSIS tasks like Script Task and Script Component.
- Wrote complex Stored Procedures, coding and triggers to capture updated and deleted data from OLTP systems.
- Extensively involved in Unit Testing, Integration and deployment in Production and Staging Servers
- Created and deployed Star Schema (data marts) for OLAP Cube generation.
- Improved Performance of the database by creating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler, Performance Monitor, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016, SQL Server Integration Services, MS SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Visual Studio, Oracle, T-SQL, XML, C#.NET,SSMS
Confidential, Solon, OH
MSBI Developer/ETL DEveloper
- Created several database objects like tables, stored procedures, views, functions, index and triggers in T-SQL based upon the functional specifications.
- Involved in SQL Server Configuration, Administration, Implementation and Trouble-shooting for Business work
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC Methodology
- Extensively involved in debugging/troubleshooting and fixing the code scripts
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources for data analyzing, deploying and dynamic configuration of SSIS packages
- Creating and managing Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables for SSIS Packages
- Imported and exported data from various data sources like SQL Server Databases, Flat Files, MS Access, MS Excel and other OLE DB providers achieved through Importing and Export Wizard in SSIS
- Involved in scheduling job using SQL Server Agent for SSIS Packages and Store Procedure as per requirement.
- Successfully tested all task in staging and stored all versions of data using team foundation server (TFS)
- Generated Pivot reports by auditing the SharePoint and Excel Pivot logs.
- Created the ETL’s to download from SharePoint / shared folders and automated the Excel file refresh again published to shared folders
- Ability to handle multiple projects and manage time efficiently Understand Microsoft Analysis Services and the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack.
- Embedded PowerBI reports on SharePoint portal page and managed access of reports and data for individual users using Roles
- Worked on creating many ad-hoc and scheduled reports using SSRS
- Used SQL server business Intelligence Development Studio to designs SSIS packages to transfer data between servers and deploy the data. Scheduled the job to do this task periodically
- Created SSIS package to check XML file validation and data validation to match the requirements
- Developed dashboards using calculated fields, parameters, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau
- Created varied visualizations using Tableau
- Worked on several complex drilldowns, parameterized reports and on reports that call sub reports using SSRS
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/ 2014, Oracle9g, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Unix, T-SQL, MS-Access, SQL Server Query Analyzer, ETL, Tableau
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
SQL Developer/MSBI Developer
- Interacted with a variety of internal and external users to develop technical designs and reviews with the rest of the project team as appropriate
- Created SSIS packages to load data into Data Warehouse using Various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, bulk insert task, data flow task, file system task, send mail task, active script task, xml task
- Involved in various Transformation and data cleansing activities using various Control flow and data flow tasks in SSIS packages during data migration
- Involved in various Transformation and data cleansing activities using various Control flow and data flow tasks in SSIS packages during data migration
- Worked extensively on Extraction, Transformation, loading data from Oracle, DB2, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS
- Created and managed schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements and technical specifications
- Converted DTS packages in SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 using Integration Services (SSIS)
- Generated various Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Yearly, Yearly and random ad-hoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for various business users
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency. Responsible for Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/ triggers for validating the integrity of the data
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings based on the business requirements
- Worked with SQL server profiler to generate traces. Used stored procedures, checking the code for efficiency, routine backups and restoration.
- Hands on experience in developing QlikView Dashboards using Chart Box (Drill Down, Drill up & Cyclic Grouping), List, Input Field, Table Box and Calendar etc.
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS concepts and constructs along with Database Objects creation such as Tables, User Defined Data Types, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Triggers
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Data Tools, Visual Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), TSQL, C#, .Net framework, XML
Confidential, Los Angeles
- Created SSIS packages for Data Conversion using data conversion transformation
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production)
- Expertise in UNIX shell scripting, FTP, SFTP and file management in various UNIX environments.
- Used various SSIS transformations such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into Production tables
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Joins, Constraints, DDL, DML and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic and also created clustered and non-clustered indexes
- Worked on MDX Queries to pull the data from the SSAS Cubes for the reporting purposes
- Improved performance of Oracle & SQL server queries using query plan, covering index, indexed views and by rebuilding and reorganizing the indexes
- Analyzed, inspected and laid the framework for Claims process Engine, a process designed and customized by external vendors for the client.
- Experienced in the use of agile approaches, including Extreme Programming, Test-Driven Development and Scrum
- Experience in domain like Medicare, Medicaid and Insurances compliance within HIPPA regulation and requirement. Worked on Claims database for claims processing
- Comprehensively analyzed and systematically documented the end-to-end flow of the Inbound and Outbound claims file (834 HIPAA)
- Responsible for Dimensional Data Modeling and Modeling Diagrams using ERWIN
- Worked using Parameter Files, Mapping Variables, and Mapping Parameters for Incremental loading.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2010, Oracle, SSIS, SSRS, Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS), Visual Studio, ASP.NET
Confidential, Lisle, IL
SQL Server Developer
- Implemented triggers and stored procedures and enforced business rules via checks and constraints.
- Worked with various teams and user groups in designing and developing the Reporting warehouse
- Involved in understanding the functional requirements, translation of technical documents, data dictionary
- Created indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analysis in SQL Server Management Studio
- Extensively used different transformations such as looping, error handling, data formatting, checkpoints and email notifications in SSIS packages
- Involved in writing T-SQL programming to implement Stored procedures and Functions for different tasks and created Triggers to enforce data and referential integrity
- Developed database objects such as SSIS Packages, Tables, Triggers, and Indexes using T-SQL, SQL Analyzer and Enterprise Manager
- Experience in using SSIS tools like import and export wizard, package installation and SSIS package designer.
- Built a Tabularmodel cube from scratch data and by multi-dimensional expression (MDX) queries fetched data to SSRS
- Created SSIS Jobs and scheduled Packages using SQL Server Management Studio for the Daily Load.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012, Visual Studio 2008/2012, Data Virtualization, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, T-SQL, Agile, Scrum, ASP.NET, VB.NET, SQL Analyzer and Entrprise Manager and SQL Agent
SQL Developer/ETL Developer
- Responsible for writing SQL queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, T-SQL
- Created different kind of charts like Pareto, Bar and Line charts by using Excel Power Pivot
- Assigned for Database Optimization that involved re-engineering the databases, data and index organizing, performance tuning and query tuning
- Responsible for developing technicalspecifications from businessrequirements.
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file to MS SQL Server by using SSIS services
- Responsible for SQLServerReportingServices Planning, training, support and Administration in Development, Test and ProductionEnvironments
- Created and Scheduled DTS packages to pull data from SQL Server and exported to Excel Spreadsheets and vice versa
- Performed unitlevelanalysis on all work done before handing over to the testing team
- Used SSRS to create reports, customized Reports, on-demand reports, ad-hoc reports and involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports in SSRS
- Developed Query for generating drill down reports in SSRS.
- Generated reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to generate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including status
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2010, SSIS, SSRS, Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS), Visual Studio, ASP.NET