- Over 7+ years of professional experience in Database Design, Development and business intelligence of Microsoft SQL Server, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Data - warehousing with bigdata various business domains like Insurance and Health care.
- Comprehensively worked on SQL scripts using local and Global Temp Tables, Variables and Table Variables, Common Table Expressions (CTE) as per the requirement and convenience.
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience including Analysis, Design and Review of Business and Software Requirement Specifications.
- Expertise in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, to MS SQL Server by using DTS and SSIS services.
- Expert in automating process by creating jobs and error reporting using Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, FTP and SMTP.
- Expert in T-SQL scripts, dynamic SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, triggers and SQLCMD.
- Experience in Data warehousing and Business Intelligence in analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of the reporting and ETL components.
- Exceptional hands on working knowledge with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Proficient in the ER-Data Modeler, for the designing of Conceptual Design, Logical Design, and Physical Design and setting up the database model.
- Proficient in applying transformation rules - Data Conversion, Data Cleansing, Data Aggregation, Data Merging and Data split.
- Strong experience in creating T-SQL objects, working with DDL/DML, performs most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management Studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts and Batches.
- Experienced in using complex T-SQL queries, Dynamic SQL, Sub-queries and complex Joins Microsoft T-SQL to create and optimize database objects - Tables, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Stored Procedure, Transactions, CTEs, Joins and performance tuning.
- Experience in SSIS package scripting, scheduling, monitoring, deployment and production support.
- Proficient in performing various SSIS data transformation task such as Look-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Aggregate Functions, Merge Join, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Derived Column, Event Handlers, and Error Handlers etc.
- Experienced in developing OLAP Cubes, Dimensions using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)Proficient in Data mining models, deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Excellent Understanding of Data marts, Data warehouse, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data modeling like Dimensional data modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensional table using SSAS.
- Experienced in creating Drill Down and Drill Through, Ad-Hoc, Parameterized reports, Sub-reports, Snapshots, designing report layout using SQL SSRS.
- Expert in creating various types of complex reports using SSRS (SQL server reporting services) such as Drill-Down, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Matrix, Ad-hoc, Sub-Reports, and Charts.
- Expert in database activities like database creation and maintenance, performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting, disaster recovery, backup/restore and migration.
- Proficient in building workflow solutions and ETL solutions for data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Experience in migrating data from various sources such as Excel, Oracle, and Flat file to different SQL server destinations using SSIS.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages using control flow tasks like For Loop Container, For Each Loop Container, Execute SQL Task, File System Task and Data Flow Tasks like Lookup, Derived Column, Conditional Spilt, Sort, Data Conversion, Multicast, Union All and Merge Join.
- Developed Slowly Changing Dimension mappings for Type 1 SCD and Type 2 SCD.
- Experience in designing, developing/ deploying of Cubes and in creating role-based security and row level security in cubes along with designing partitions and aggregations for performance tunig using SSAS.
- Experience in writing MDX Queries in Analysis services and Reporting Services.
- Experience with waterfall and Agile development methodologies and worked with customers in prioritization and planning sprints.
- Proficient in developing Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models using Business Objects.
- Experienced in optimizing Stored Procedures, query performance tuning using SQL profiler.
- Proficient in Extract, Transform and Load process using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Developed complex SSIS packages for processing type 1, type 2 and type 3 data with multiple transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Merge, Lookup, Derived Column, conditional split.
- Experienced in debugging and troubleshooting SSIS packages using breakpoints, checkpoints, error handlers, event handlers, etc.
- Expertise in creating multivalued parameterized reports, multi-level cascading reports, drill down, drill through, sub reports, charts and ad-hoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Hands-on experience in creating cubes, perspectives and deploying using SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS).
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling and Snow-Flake Modeling.
- Knowledge in logical, physical, star and snowflake schema, data mapping, and data normalization.
- Experienced in client requirement Analysis, Logical and Physical design & development of database (using MS Visio, Erwin, normalization, and SQL Server Enterprise manager), Resource Planning, Coding, Debugging, Testing, Deployment, Support and Maintenance of business applications.
- Experience in developing Azure data factory pipelines in V1 and V2, creating linked services, data sets, monitoring and scheduling ADF pipelines.
- Experience in Relational, Multi-Dimensional (Star) and Snowflake logical modeling, fact and Dimensions tables and Logical and Physical data modeling using data modeling tools such as Erwin and ER/Studio.
- Experience in designing, developing, and delivering business intelligence solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in using ETL methodology for performing Data Migration, Extraction, Transformation and Loading using SSIS and designed data conversions from wide variety of source system.
- Expert in Performance Tuning by Index Defragmentation, optimizing execution plans, proper usage of indexes, horizontal and vertical partitioning.
- Implemented complex business logic with User-Defined-Functions, Indexed Views and created User Defined Data type, Clustered & Non-clustered Indexes.
- Proficiency in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Experience in creating various SSRS reports like Charts, Filters, Sub reports, Drilldown and Drill-Through, Cascade, Parameterized reports involving conditional formatting.
- Have proven track record working with various environments and a valuable ability to quickly pick up new technologies and become an asset to the company in a minimal amount of time.
- Excellent in interacting with Clients, Business Analysts and developers.
Database: MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 , MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), OLAP, MOLAP, ROLAP, OLTP
Programming Languages: SQL, TSQL, VB, VB.NET, C, C++
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, ASP.Net (Basic)
Modeling Reporting: SharePoint, Microsoft Office, MS Visio
Project Management Tools: MS Outlook, MS Visio 2012, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, Google G-Suite
Software Applications: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2013, BIDS, TFS, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, MS Office, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
Project Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Software Development Life Cycle
Analytics: POWER BI, MSBI Self Service, MS Excel, IDE-SSMS, SSDT/ Visual Studio
Senior MSBI Developer (SSRS/SSIS)
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- MS-SQL Server 2017, 2016,2014,2012,2008 R2, 2008, MS office Access, Toad 7.5, Oracle, DB2.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS to SSIS.
- Conducted database management, performance measurement and performance tuning for new databases and existing databases by using SQL Profiler and SQL Analyzer.
- Created different kinds of Tabular reports like Drilldown, Drill through, Cascaded parameters.
- Developed reports using single value parameters, multi-value parameters with queried and non-queried parameters.
- Created Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes on tables for performance optimization of complex stored procedures.
- Developing Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source views.
- Working on Creating partitions and Designing various storage modes to increase the performance of a cube using SSAS.
- Expertise in Dimensional Data Modeling Star, Snow Flake and Fact Constellation Schemas.
- Designing, Analyzing, building and testing of OLAP cubes in SSAS and adding calculations using MDX.
- Defining relationships between Dimensions and Measure groups. Involved in the design and development of the SSAS cubes and MDX queries.
- Developed SSIS Packages (Lookup, Conditional Split) and T-SQL (Merge) for enhancing the performance of SCD concepts.
- Developing Aggregations, partitions and calculated members for cube as per business requirements.
- Involved in extracting the data using SSIS, Teradata BTEQs from OLTP to OLAP.
- Data Migration from Teradata to SQL Server using TPT Scripts and BCP the flat files to SQL Server.
- Implemented Data Warehousing Concepts of SCD's Type 1 and Type 2 on Dimensions.
- Created ESP Jobs to run SSIS Packages through Batch Files for the Cube Incremental and Full Build.
- Optimizing Data Models for better visuals on Power BI, Created Calculated Columns and Tables based on DAX Formulas and Expressions.
- Involved in ETL architecture enhancements to increase the performance, automate the processes.
- Implemented Power BI on the SSAS Multidimensional Models.
- Creating packages in SSIS with error handling.
- Involved in development &Deployment of SSAS Cubes and Monitor Full and Incremental loads and support any issues.
- Data Mart migration from Teradata to SQL Server for the Analysis.
- Creating the usage-based aggregations in cube to minimize time for query retrieval from client tool Congo’s.
- Scheduling the package in SSIS and variables to make packages dynamic. Conversant in creating jobs, links and in working with SSIS. Well-Versed in usage of SSIS Control Flow items Strong knowledge of using variables and expressions in packages. Experience in scheduling SSIS packages using SQL Server Agent.
- Implementing Power BI solutions using SSAS Tabular models as the back-end data source.
- Experience in altering the XMLA scripts while deploying the SSAS Cube and Synchronizing.
- To run automatically to Process the cube, load data, SSIS packages are created and scheduled them as jobs.
- Coordinating with offshore and onshore teams on getting deliverables done within in the sprint time frame.
- Collaborated with fellow team members through Team Foundation Server for effective project management which includes work issues and track on the update of versions.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008 and 2012 and 2014, 2016 and 2017, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2014/2012), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS 2014/2012), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2014/2012), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Profiler, SQL Analyzer, MS Excel, Windows XP, Informatica, Tableau.
Senior MSBI Developer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages.
- Developed Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Charts, Drill through Reports and Drill down reports, using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Worked on Developing and deploying SSIS packages for ETL from OLTP and various sources to staging and staging to Data warehouse.
- Generated Parameterized Reports and cascaded Parameterized Reports
- In-Depth knowledge of SDLC, understanding of various phases like Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development and Testing.
- Created Data driven Tabular, Drill-down, Charts, Parameterized, Linked, Aggregate reports using SSRS Report Builder
- Performed Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) Concepts in EDW.
- Designed SSIS packages to import data from multiple sources to control upstream and downstream of data into SQL Azure database.
- Created different tabular reports using Power BI features and enhanced them based on user requirements.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Worked on creating relationships in Power BI Designer, Uploaded reports from the Power BI Designer.
- Rigorously tested and debugged the Stored Procedures and used Triggers to test the validity of the data after the insert, update or delete.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task.
- Created Reports on CRM and customized based on the requirements from the clients.
- Developed SSRS Drill down and Drill through reports with giving users ability to select multiple parameters.
- Actively involved in developing Quadrant Reports and Bucket Reports as per the Business Requirements.
- Developed SSRS reports using complex TSQL queries, User Defined Functions, store procedures and Views.
- Developed OLAP cubes using SSAS and calculated the metrics revealed in the functional analysis.
- Monitored Full/Incremental/Daily Loads and supported all scheduled ETL jobs for batch processing.
- Responsible for Dimensional modeling, defining relationships between Dimensions and Measure groups.
- Developed a script for different connection like Shared drive and SFTP for sources within SSIS packages.
- Created new SSIS package to extract date to SQL Server Objects using Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) and Visual studio.
- Studied existing OLTP systems and created facts, dimensions and Star Schema representation for the Data Mart and warehouse systems.
- Worked in close quarters with business, application developers, and production teams across functional units and identified business needs as well as optimal solutions.
- Built complex multi-sectional reports with charts and drill-down capabilities, created report models for AD-HOC reports when the end user wants to see the reports on fly and also created Ad-hoc reports for manager using SSRS to find all the work items open for Developers.
- Involved in developing ad-hoc business requests, Power Pivot and Power View reports for team.
- Created and maintained Roles and Database users.
- Involved in code reviews, code migration and deployments across all environments.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2, SQL Azure, T-SQL, Power BI, Visual Studio 2013/2012, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2014/2012), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2014/2012/2008 ), SQL Server Analysis Services ( 2014/2012/2008 ), SSAS, MS Excel.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files etc.) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS packages.
- Used various Data Flow Transformations like Lookup, Union All, Multicast, Cache Transform, and Conditional Split while developing the packages.
- Worked on managing ETL process by pulling large volume of data from OLTP to a staging Database Using SSIS for Data transformation.
- Created SSIS Packages by using advanced tools (i.e. pivot Transformation, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregations, Multicasting).
- Design and document the error-handling strategy in the ETL load process using Event handlers.
- Executing data validation stored procedures in SSIS packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Designed SSAS cube to hold summary data for dashboards. Developed Cube with Star Schema.
- Involved in Type 1 and Type 2 slowly changing dimensions using SSIS and Scheduling the SSIS packages by creating a Job using SQL Agent in SSMS.
- Created different type of reports including: A Sub report, Drill-down and Parameter prompts, Linked reports and deployed and scheduled Reports in Report Manager using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets for Power BI.
- Expert on creating multiple kinds of Power BI Reports and Dashboards.
- Created forms on share-point to show live data from underlying data-sources like SQL Server to Clients enabling them to edit the data and update the data in the underlying data-sources and allowing the users to insert data into the underlying data sources.
- Used Temporary tables, Table variables and Common Table Expressions (CTE) depending on the requirement. Transferred data from various sources like MS Excel, Flat File and SQL Server using SSIS and then created reports using this data using SSRS.
- Developed critical SSRS reports using T-SQL stored procedures with parameters and without parameters and complex SQL queries with custom coding for dynamic tables.
- Designed and created SSIS packages to extract, transform and load data from Excel and Text to SQL Server destination using various complicated transformations like conditional split, derived column, and data conversion for fee schedules from the existing QNTX database.
- Modified the existing packages by making changes in the stored procedures according to the requirement.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Transferred data from various OLTP data sources such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat files, CSV files into SQL Server 2008R2.
- Generated and consolidated monthly reports and budget analysis to drive forecast production plan with SQL report services (SSRS).
- Used various data flow transformations like conditional split, look up, derived column etc.
- Worked with T-SQL to create tables, stored procedures and user defined functions for complex business logic.
- Strong knowledge in Databases, Data ware house concepts, ETL process and Business Intelligence.
- Designed Cube partitioning, Partition Slicing and Synchronization for SSAS cubes.
- Strong knowledge in Power BI on how to import, shapes, and transform data for business intelligence (BI).
- Created and maintained databases, tables, views, users, logins, indexes, check constraints, and business rules using T-SQL.
- Involved in performance tuning for new databases and existing databases by using SQL profiler.
- Created Database Objects - Tables, Indexes, Views, User defined functions, Cursors, Triggers, Stored Procedure, Constraints and Roles.
- Wrote Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and Queries. Created indexes, Constraints and rules on database objects.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), BIDS, T-SQL, MS Excel, Windows 2008 Server, SQL Profiler, Power BI.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Proactively participated in gathering Business requirements to implement functional and technical specifications.
- Created data extracts and reports based on business requirements.
- Designed and developed various complex reports such as Drill down, Drill Through, Cross Tabbed using SSRS
- Design and develop SQL procedures, views, functions, and triggers to fetch data from different tables by using joins
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and Error Handling in SSIS.
- Created Data driven Tabular, Drill-down, Charts, Parameterized, Linked, Aggregate reports using SSRS Report Builder.
- Responsible for Data Modeling based on the client requirements, daily maintenance and performance tuning.
- Expertise in developing several Detail, Summary reports including line and pie charts, trend analysis reports and sub-reports according to business requirements using SSRS.
- Responsible for Deployment of the report to report server using SSRS and used Report Subscription (Data Driven and Standard) to publish reports.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on daily basis.
- Worked with SQL Server 2012 and created the SQL objects like tables, views in-order to pull the data and make modifications as per the business rules and provide the reports to the client.
- Generated Parameterized Reports and cascaded Parameterized Reports.
- In-Depth knowledge of SDLC, understanding of various phases like Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development and Testing.
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports for the managers.
- Reviewed many T-SQL issues using management studio for better performance.
Environment: SQL Server (2012, 2014), T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Excel
- Involved in Analysis of the Business requirements and source systems.
- Designed and implemented stylish report layouts.
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures.
- Designed the mapping technical specifications on the basis of functional requirements.
- Designing and documenting the High-Level process flow of extracting the data from the Source system till loading the data in Data warehouse.
- Created SQL Server Reports using SSRS.
- Responsible for transferring the data using SSIS packages.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Managed index, statistics and optimizing queries by using execution plan for tuning the database.
- Generated ad-hoc reports in Excel Power Pivot and sheared them using Power BI to the decision makers for strategic planning.
- Developed Query for generating drill down reports in SSRS.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Identified and worked with Parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Responsible for scheduling the subscription reports with the subscription report wizard.
- Involved in Performing the Unit testing and basic functional testing.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring performance, integrity and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
- Monitored Scheduled jobs and alerts.
Environment: SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Profiler, Power BI
- Actively participated in interaction with users, team lead, and DBA's and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Applied knowledge of Normalization and De-Normalization techniques.
- Writing queries to create stored procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, Triggers and CTEs (Common Table Expressions).
- Using all kinds of SQL Server Constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys, Defaults, Check, Unique etc.)
- Writing Complex T-SQL Queries, Sub queries, Co-related sub queries and Dynamic SQL queries.
- Visualize data, author reports, schedule automated refresh of reports and create and share dashboards based on reports in Power BI desktop.
- Performance tuning of Stored Procedures and T-SQL Queries.
- Created logins, users and configuring permissions and assigning roles to users.
- Created indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analyses in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Used SQL Server 2005 to design, implement and manage data warehouses OLAP cubes and reporting solutions to improve asset management, incident management, and data center services.
- Created SQL scripts for tuning and scheduling.
- Performed data conversion from flat file into a normalized database structure
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases and data mart databases.
- Developed SSIS Templates which can be used to develop SSIS Packages in such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Dev, Test and Production Environments.
- Involved in Deployment and Administration of SSIS packages with Business Intelligence development studio.
- Defined Check constraints, Business Rules, Indexes, and Views.
- Generated reports using SSRS and Excel (Pivot) that could be used to send information to diverse group of users, clients, and managers.
- Responsible for creating the reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008.
Environment: SQL Server, T SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), BIDS, SQL Profiler, MS Excel.