- 10+ years of programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL, PRO*C Developer in Analysis, Design and Implementation of Business Applications using the Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Expertise in application development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL *PLUS, TOAD, SQL*LOADER, PRO*C, UNIX SHELL scripting.
- Developed the code extensively using PRO*C functionalities like cursor etc in UNIX Vi editior shell scripting.
- Effectively made use of Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Index, Synonyms and Views.
- Worked in Data warehouse concepts, ETL.
- Done logical and physical Data Modeling using normalizing Techniques.
- Created Tables, Views, Constraints, Indexes, Synonyms, and Sequences.
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Developed materialized views for data replication in distributed environments.
- Experience in Oracle supplied packages, Dynamic SQL, Records and PL/SQL Tables.
- Loaded Data into Oracle Tables using SQL Loader.
- Partitioned large Tables using range partition technique, Interval Partitions and Sub Partitions.
- Experience with Oracle Supplied Packages such as DBMS JOB, DBMS SCHEDULER and UTL FILE.
- Created Packages and Procedures to automatically drop table indexes and create indexes for the tables.
- Worked extensively on Ref Cursor, External Tables and Collections.
- Expertise in Dynamic SQL, Collections and Exception handling.
- Experience in SQL performance tuning using Cost - Based Optimization (CBO).
- Good knowledge of key Oracle performance related features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans and Indexes.
- Good knowledge in Performance Tuning for Oracle RDBMS using Explain Plan and HINTS.
- Created Shell Scripts for invoking SQL scripts and scheduled them using cron Job.
- Have knowledge in core Java, Java Script, Python, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib
- Trained in BIGDATA, HADOOP, PIG, HIVE, SQOOP
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and strong ability to perform as part of a team.
Confidential - Boston, MA
Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Interacted with Business users and Business System Analyst to understand reporting requirements and prepared Functional Requirement document.
- Involved with Users for resolving Production issues related to the application.
- Involved in Production support for database and User Interface issues within that application.
- Analyzing the code to understand the transformation and business logic applied.
- Worked for CRDB (Credit Risk Database).
- Involved in analysis of the requirements with business users in Coordinating and maintenance of source system owners.
- Involved in full development cycle of Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Involved in understanding of Data models and SRS/mappings documents.
- Created database views and Procedures based on requirements.
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios.
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using PL/SQL.
- Experience in handling Checkpoints, Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler and
- Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages to automate the Import and Export data from SQLServer using SSIS tools like Import and Export wizard, Package Installation.
- Assisted in production of OLAP cubes in SSAS by writing queries in SQL to produce reports
- Using SSRS.
- Created various dashboards and reports using SSRS and Power BI for Data visualization.
- Performed data validation to check all business rules and requirements are met.
- Created unit test case scripts for easy testing and tracking. Created test scripts documentation for all the procedures.
- Worked on solving the behavioral difference issues between 10g and 11g forms debugging the errors.
- Worked on extending partitions for Production Database.
- Supported L2 team in case of batch issues or long running jobs.
- Had War Rooms with business users after deploying the changes to UAT.
- Tested the data in UAT and used to check with Business for Signoff.
- Responsible for creating the Change requests and prepare all the documentation required to move the code changes to production.
- Involved with QA team while testing the data and helped them incase if they need any help.
- Participated in weekly status meetings to update the status of work.
- Used to understand the business from application level to work on the incidents.
- Worked as L3 lead for supporting the application and used to involve in meetings with User's.
- Performance tuning of existing Oracle forms as well as newly created Oracle forms using different built-in as well as User-defined functions and procedures.
Confidential, Matawan, NJ
Oracle PL/SQL developer
- Worked with Oracle database consisted of more than 50GB sized tables.
- Extensively used EXPLAIN PLAN and TKPROF for SQL tuning.
- Tuned approximately 100 complex SQL queries.
- Used Optimizer HINT for tuning SQL and Advanced PL/SQL.
- Generated the trace files for more than 40 batch jobs to find the optimal queries.
- Tuned auto generated SQL - created INDEX based on the requirement of the table.
- Worked with DBMS PROFILER to tune PL/SQL Procedures.
- Created log on trigger and new user to run batch jobs for collecting the trace files.
- Used cursor, ref cursor, bulk collect and bulk insert (Bulk Binding) in procedure to reduce its execution time.
- Created packages and stored procedures for data conversion by using DBMS RANDOM package
- Worked with DBMS SCHEDULER to schedule jobs.
- Created Materialized Views to reduce the network load.
- Extensively used TOAD for tuning, for database monitoring.
- Created UNIX shell scripts for regular tasks and used UNIX commands as per needed.
- Created numerous simple to complex queries involving self joins, correlated sub-queries, functions, cursors, dynamic T-SQL.
- Optimize existing T-SQL code.
- Utilize Dynamic T-SQL within functions, stored procedures, views, and tables.
- PARTITION 4 to 5 tables (size of those tables are more than 100GB) to manage database and to improve the performance.
- Experienced in using AutoSys tool to set up scheduled jobs within a Windows environment that run Oracle PL/SQL.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Confidential - Tampa, FL
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day.
- Created and modified several UNIX shell Scripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
- Wrote Unix Shell Scripts to process the incoming files on daily basis in loading them into the base tables.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages in oracle APEX for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Created scripts to create new tables, views, queries for new enhancement in the application using TOAD.
- Created indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader calling UNIX scripts to download and manipulate files.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Extensively involved in using hints to direct the optimizer to choose an optimum query execution plan.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Created PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL* plus.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Extensively used the Table Partition, sub partition, and exchange partitions concepts to move the data from stage table to target tables.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.